SRM forced on the Panth?

chatanga1

I have been sent this video, and it is very interesting. It appears that the SRM is not actually Panth Parwaan at all. It never was when it was created in the 1940s and was applied by force. I remember reading on this forum about others, out of ignorance saying that the taksal would force their maryada on the Panth. It seems very much that this SRM was forced on the Panth as well. I remember hearing on a recording of Sant Gurbachan Singh Bhindranwale, that the maryada of Sri HariMandir Sahib had been changed by force as well

Go to 41 mins to hear Palwinder Singh talk.

We've been force-fed certain views, certain beliefs, ideas, that are not present in Guru Granth Sahib.
Other ideas that are present in Guru Granth Sahib were ignored because they did not fit their narrative.

The pure understanding of Guru Granth Sahib thus has become very difficult to do, and very difficult to teach, since many people hold these other beliefs very strongly.
It is already very difficult to grasp begin with and having strong opinions makes it even harder.

It won't stop me from trying though.

On 17/11/2016 at 5:58 PM, paapiman said:

The funny part was the fourth meeting they had. Only 3 people were present out of the 25 members.

This is definitely not a Sikh Rehat Maryada or Panth/Sri Akal Takht Sahib jee Parwan maryada.

I know. It's crazy to see how the SGPC/SS forced this on the Panth. Baing in control of the major Gurdwaras made it easier for them.