Sri Charitropakhian Sahib jee Series - Charitar #24

Warning: Sexually explicit material below. Daas will kindly request sangat, below the age of 25 or people who are greatly affected by Lust, to stay away from this discussion.

Please forgive me for being explicit.

Request to Mods/Admins:

- Please do not allow Guest posts in this topic
- Please do not tolerate any insults of Gurbani
- Please do delete any off-topic posts

Bhul chuk maaf

Some things that stand out about this Charitar. It is longer compared to some before it.

There is a similarity in the story between the KIng and Queen and also in the situation at hand. In the story the Northern King marries and Southern Princess? Coincidence?

Also the names involved here got me thinking. The King is from the Surajbansi line but the Queens name is Chandra mati.

Just from these two thoughts (assuming they are correct) it looks like the minister is attempting to get the King to see his folly in marrying a woman from the other side of the country and from a different lineage. I think that here the Minister is saying that the marriage was an alliance of the wrong sorts.

Now in this story the King dies, and the Queen couldn't manage to hold onto her satt and whilst in the original story the Queen (apsara) dies and the King couldn't perform his dharma either. Another reflection from the Minister?

Now the main part of the story I want to read in it's original language to help me more with the story, but one last thought. The relationship here is one that is frowned upon in any society: that of a Guru and Shish. Guru Shish parampra does not extend to carnal relations. The same goes for the stepmother/prince relationship in the original story. This relationship is not acceptable either. Maybe the Minister is atempting to open the King's eyes to a relationship that exceeds boundaries? 

Will try and read some more over the weekend.

21 hours ago, chatanga1 said:

Some things that stand out about this Charitar. It is longer compared to some before it.

There is a similarity in the story between the KIng and Queen and also in the situation at hand. In the story the Northern King marries and Southern Princess? Coincidence?

Also the names involved here got me thinking. The King is from the Surajbansi line but the Queens name is Chandra mati.

Just from these two thoughts (assuming they are correct) it looks like the minister is attempting to get the King to see his folly in marrying a woman from the other side of the country and from a different lineage. I think that here the Minister is saying that the marriage was an alliance of the wrong sorts.

Now in this story the King dies, and the Queen couldn't manage to hold onto her satt and whilst in the original story the Queen (apsara) dies and the King couldn't perform his dharma either. Another reflection from the Minister?

Now the main part of the story I want to read in it's original language to help me more with the story, but one last thought. The relationship here is one that is frowned upon in any society: that of a Guru and Shish. Guru Shish parampra does not extend to carnal relations. The same goes for the stepmother/prince relationship in the original story. This relationship is not acceptable either. Maybe the Minister is atempting to open the King's eyes to a relationship that exceeds boundaries? 

Will try and read some more over the weekend.

Interesting and sharp observations!. As we've discussed in the earlier charitars we've seen how they often follow one another by theme and plot... This charitar comes after the notorious Anoop Kaur stories (21,22,24) so it appears that this charitar here indirectly is continuing themes of the earlier charitar (Guru and shish) by opening up a general discussion on relationships and what kind of alliances can be made - what is dharmic, what is adharmic and what is in between (might be okay but frowned upon by society etc)...

On a more straight forward notion of the story,  it also appears to open a discussion on how religion is and can be misused for one's own benefit.. In this charitar it shows how the man is dressed as a Guru as a way to 'hide' a relationsship. On the outside, him being at her palace then looks legitimate.

In today's world we often see how religion is used as a business to make money. Money is at the core but religion is the garb. Or how politics of opression is construed in religios terms..... In this story, a relationsship is at the core but religion is the garb.

On 5/19/2017 at 5:34 PM, chatanga1 said:

Just from these two thoughts (assuming they are correct) it looks like the minister is attempting to get the King to see his folly in marrying a woman from the other side of the country and from a different lineage. 

Is there any rule (from Sanatan Dharam), which prohibits Suryabansis to marry Chandarbansis and vice versa?

Bhul chuk maaf

• 2 months later...