Greatest World Cup Goal

Guest BikramjitSingh

Guest BikramjitSingh

This Maradona goal from the 1986 world cup against England was voted the best world cup goal in a poll for british television just before the World Cup in 1994.

Enjoy

http://www.diegomaradona.com/ingles/multim...1986/iingl.html

He probably beat the best defenders in the world at that time. Notice the final defender even tries to foul him and bring him down in the box but still Maradona manages to stay on his feet and score. Pure poetry :)

Has this goal been bettered since then.

Views please.

GurFateh

Bikramjit

Guest BikramjitSingh

Naa! No way!! that moment can never be repeated... thanks for revitalising that electrifying moment...

Although there have been similar goals by Geoge Weah in the Italian league and a Saudi Player in the 1994, it's the way that Maradona keeps the ball under control all the time that makes this the greatest world cup goal.

Guest BikramjitSingh

yeh definitly an awesome goal!... a few of pelés goals were same level as that...

most memorable goal has gotta be the hand of god one :twisted:

Yep. Only someone like Maradona could score the greatest and the most infamous goal in the same match.

GurFateh

Bikramjit

Guest BikramjitSingh

Gurfateh

Bikramjit

hold your breath..I totally agree with you. He robbed us, but in such a jawdroppingly appaling style that only he could deserve the 'greatest goal'.

1986 Mexico world cup was without doubt the best I've ever lived through.

Only half agree with you. What you mean 'us'. I was supporting the Argies :)

GurFateh

Bikramjit

Only half agree with you. What you mean 'us'. I was supporting the Argies :)

GurFateh

Bikramjit

lol. :LOL: like the way you think and the team you were supporting :respect: . Maradona was "the" best and no-one can take that away from him. The "hand of god" was just a work of art. A short man like that beating a tall keeper, indeed amaizing. That is what gave him more publicity! Argentina rules! :twisted:

Fateh ji!