Polar Preet

https://inews.co.uk/news/world/preet-chandi-british-sikh-army-officer-first-woman-colour-solo-trek-antarctica-1381463

The army officer and physiotherapist, who adopted the nickname “Polar Preet” for her blog, spent two and a half years preparing for the grueling expedition.

It included crevasse training in the French Alps, trekking Iceland’s Langjökull Glacier and 27 days on the ice cap in Greenland.

Ms Chandi named her sled after her nine-year-old niece, Simran, and her skis after her baby nephew, Karanveer, to inspire them.

She said: “When I decided I wanted to go to Antarctica, I didn’t know I would be the first woman of colour to do a solo expedition on the continent and people have said to me ‘You don’t look like a polar explorer’.”

Congratulating her on the expedition, the Chief of the General Staff of the British Army said she was an “inspirational example of the grit and determination”.

Ms Chandi admitted that she “didn’t know much about the continent” when the idea first came about, but was determined to prove that she could achieve anything.

“The expedition was always about so much more than me,” she wrote upon completion.

“I want to encourage people to push their boundaries and to believe in themselves, and I want you to be able to do it without being labeled a rebel.”

Half of the funds raised from the extraordinary feat will go towards an adventure grant for women attempting unique challenges, which she plans to launch next year.

The rest will go to Khalsa Aid, “who’s message is to recognise the whole human race as one,” she said.

“Hopefully doing something that pushes me so far out of my comfort zone will inspire others to believe in themselves and push their boundaries,” she said.

10 hours ago, Premi said:

https://inews.co.uk/news/world/preet-chandi-british-sikh-army-officer-first-woman-colour-solo-trek-antarctica-1381463

The army officer and physiotherapist, who adopted the nickname “Polar Preet” for her blog, spent two and a half years preparing for the grueling expedition.

It included crevasse training in the French Alps, trekking Iceland’s Langjökull Glacier and 27 days on the ice cap in Greenland.

Ms Chandi named her sled after her nine-year-old niece, Simran, and her skis after her baby nephew, Karanveer, to inspire them.

She said: “When I decided I wanted to go to Antarctica, I didn’t know I would be the first woman of colour to do a solo expedition on the continent and people have said to me ‘You don’t look like a polar explorer’.”

Congratulating her on the expedition, the Chief of the General Staff of the British Army said she was an “inspirational example of the grit and determination”.

Ms Chandi admitted that she “didn’t know much about the continent” when the idea first came about, but was determined to prove that she could achieve anything.

“The expedition was always about so much more than me,” she wrote upon completion.

“I want to encourage people to push their boundaries and to believe in themselves, and I want you to be able to do it without being labeled a rebel.”

Half of the funds raised from the extraordinary feat will go towards an adventure grant for women attempting unique challenges, which she plans to launch next year.

The rest will go to Khalsa Aid, “who’s message is to recognise the whole human race as one,” she said.

“Hopefully doing something that pushes me so far out of my comfort zone will inspire others to believe in themselves and push their boundaries,” she said.

Yeuh yeuh yeuh. Fatehhhhh...!