Hemp perfect fabric for military uniforms and shoes!

shastarSingh

https://hempindustrydaily.com/military-interested-in-hemp-fiber-and-polymers-wisconsin-university-researching-possibilities/

The other thing with polyester … when polyester burns, it shrinks, and it shrinks into bare skin. And so many, many soldiers and many, many Marines over the last several years in Iraq and Afghanistan who wore polyester and were involved in perhaps an IED (roadside bomb) blast or some other type of explosion, that material would literally melt into your skin.”

Hemp won’t shrink like that, he said.

“Hemp is obviously similar – and I think a lot stronger than cotton,” Kurtz said.

Been looking up hemp work wear. Not enough on the matket. Opportunity there. Ergonomic hemp workwear made in india?

Sikh branded?

Basically it should hang from the shoulders, like overalls, coveralls, jumpsuits, and Bana. 

And the knees unrestricted. Outside of that a lot of flexibility. 

Any Purtan designs we could modernize? Sikh or any "hindu" "indic" designs?

Hemp and bamboo baby. For all the clothing needs outside of wool or spaceage materials. Heck throw in flax for good measure. Omega 3 you can wear. 

Bamboo, hemp, flax, soy all edible and all have textile uses. Can't lose farming that. 

Ohhh...hijack. I need a satin or silk sleeping cap, and something for under my future Gol Dastar to preserve my thinning crown.  Bamboo is really siky, better than cotton. Hence the tangent, but...what is used traditionally to protect Kesh while asleep, Dhari too,and under the Dastar from chafing?

On 7/23/2022 at 5:06 AM, GurjantGnostic said:

what is used traditionally to protect Kesh while asleep, Dhari too,and under the Dastar from chafing?

Does that (chafing) happen to people a lot? 

IMHO, if you take a full body shower (including head hair) daily, the chances are low that it will happen. During winters, use moisturizing body wash/shampoo. 

Bhul chuk maaf

41 minutes ago, paapiman said:

Does that (chafing) happen to people a lot? 

IMHO, if you take a full body shower (including head hair) daily, the chances are low that it will happen. During winters, use moisturizing body wash/shampoo. 

Bhul chuk maaf

My skin is fine. I just notice my hairs up top are breaking from how I tie it back and wearing cotton. My beard on one side seems slightly broken, barely shorter from sleeping on that side more. 

3 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

My skin is fine. I just notice my hairs up top are breaking from how I tie it back and wearing cotton. My beard on one side seems slightly broken, barely shorter from sleeping on that side more. 

Do you apply oil to your hair?

Bhul chuk maaf

59 minutes ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Wheweee even the hemp takes a lot of water. 

Hemp biochar can lessen the usage of water.

https://hempco.net.au/hemp-biochar-activated-charcoal/blog

Another benefit of hemp biochar is it increases the water-retaining capacity of the soil. In areas with a reduced water supply, biochar improves crop growth