Single and Sex

During the Amrit Sanchar they said sex is forbidden unless it is your spouse. Does this mean singles have to stay celibate?

The obvious thought is the person should get married then. What if there are complications in a person's life? Let's say a man is in his 40's (over the marriage age), has health problems, is ugly and no woman wants to be with him. Is he to renounce sex all together and become a hermit? OR would it be a sin for him to pay someone for services to fulfill sexual need once in a while?

Please understand I'm not trolling, I'm seriously asking this question. I think in our culture, Punjabi, we don't discuss much about sexual topics even though it's a major part of life.

38 minutes ago, Doomsday said:

During the Amrit Sanchar they said sex is forbidden unless it is your spouse. Does this mean singles have to stay celibate?

The obvious thought is the person should get married then. What if there are complications in a person's life? Let's say a man is in his 40's (over the marriage age), has health problems, is ugly and no woman wants to be with him. Is he to renounce sex all together and become a hermit? OR would it be a sin for him to pay someone for services to fulfill sexual need once in a while?

Please understand I'm not trolling, I'm seriously asking this question. I think in our culture, Punjabi, we don't discuss much about sexual topics even though it's a major part of life.

It would be Kurehit to sleep with anyone outside of marriage prostitutes included. However....historically speaking, when making mistakes, the paid route is uh. ...simpler. and Singhs have made this mistake. 

But no, whoever should work on themself and ready for Anand Karaj. They aren't that far gone. And if they are, or even if they aren't, they're better off just ridding themself of Kaam. 

Sikhi supports Brahmcharya and Grishti Jeevan. 

59 minutes ago, Doomsday said:

wjkk wjkf

If you (as an Amritdhaari) do not get married (for any reason), then you will have to stay celibate.

Bhul chuk maaf

1 hour ago, Doomsday said:

Feel free to ask any question related to sex over here. 

Bhul chuk maaf

5 hours ago, paapiman said:

wjkk wjkf

If you (as an Amritdhaari) do not get married (for any reason), then you will have to stay celibate.

Bhul chuk maaf

Thank you, that clears that up. I have noticed as I grow more in my Naam Jap, the less desires I have for all things. It is true "Sarb raug ka aukhad naam".

7 hours ago, Doomsday said:

Thank you, that clears that up. I have noticed as I grow more in my Naam Jap, the less desires I have for all things. It is true "Sarb raug ka aukhad naam".

Amen bro. Getting close to kaamless...close...not kaamless...even close is a huge relief actually. Better than having someone. If you can do both go ahead. 

Inderpal Singh Ji I would agree with you that 40 is not too late for someone to get married if they have been unlucky till then or hampered by the impact of the impact of apartheid matrimonial circles facilitated by apartheid-based Sangats created since the 1980's.

However, we as Sikhs need to target and encourages marriages in early 20's as we see with the exponential demographic growth of cults which hate and despise Sikhi.

18 hours ago, Singh2022 said:

apartheid matrimonial circles facilitated by apartheid-based Sangats created since the 1980's

Can you explain by what you mean in the above. 

18 hours ago, Singh2022 said:

However, we as Sikhs need to target and encourages marriages in early 20's as we see with the exponential demographic growth of cults which hate and despise Sikhi.

What cults?