Sikhism

2 hours ago, Fizz786 said:

Hello ji,

How does one become a Sikh? what are the steps?

Thank you :)

Welcome friend. I'm out buying groceries but you've made it! Welcome. 

Start reading Guru Granth Sahib Ji in english. 

Maybe watch a few vidoes. 

Browse the forums. Just skip through anything you don't understand. All good. 

Ask any questions. 

But the main practice is take a Name for God. The 1. Who has many names. We have one we have been given, but you can use any for now, and repeat it, and surrender and welcome, and repeat it, and surrender and welcome...

Talk soon friend. 

8 hours ago, Fizz786 said:

SSA ji

Thank you so much @GurjantGnostic for your response.   I have read parts of the Guru Granth sahib in English. Ahhh I love it!! its so so beautiful. Though im not Punjabi, I can speak and understand some punjabi (thanks to the sikhs at my workplace! lol) and can have a conversation (you’d think im punjabi on the phone! lol) But cant read it at all. 

To answer your next question, I met many sikhs at work (some friends too) and did some research, this was about 10 years ago. I also dreamt about Guru Nanak dev ji when I was about 15-16 years old. He said I was welcome in the Gurdwara where I met his holy self. I kept going to gurdwara’s and my family are dead against it. (I’m muslim) so kept being intrigued by Guru Grant sahibs holy words. I feel like my heart is being pulled towards Sikhism. I also dreamt recently of being given the kirpan ji.

Will need everyone’s Ardas please :)

WJKK WJKF :) 

You have my Ardas Bro. 

Do we speak off this platform already? This Su**** Singh?

Fair warning. We keep it respectful here but media debates coincided with clubhouse debates and the end result is some debate about the divine qualities of islam, good muslims, vs cult iterations of islam. I'm probably one of the least repsctful people regarding that. 

But the plain nature of the language used to debate some issues aside my best friend is a muslim bro. 

So speaking for my own content alone, it's always a recreation on where I'm at with my understanding and it changes as my information does. 

Also as nice as muslims are bro, many of them harbor resetment towards Sikhs and other faiths. It actually in defense of that you'll hear some of my words. Be fair warned if you convert your family will probably protest. 

31 minutes ago, GurjantGnostic said:

You have my Ardas Bro. 

Do we speak off this platform already? This Su**** Singh?

Fair warning. We keep it respectful here but media debates coincided with clubhouse debates and the end result is some debate about the divine qualities of islam, good muslims, vs cult iterations of islam. I'm probably one of the least repsctful people regarding that. 

But the plain nature of the language used to debate some issues aside my best friend is a muslim bro. 

So speaking for my own content alone, it's always a recreation on where I'm at with my understanding and it changes as my information does. 

Also as nice as muslims are bro, many of them harbor resetment towards Sikhs and other faiths. It actually in defense of that you'll hear some of my words. Be fair warned if you convert your family will probably protest. 

hello ji,

no we don’t speak. I’m a sister :). oh yes totally understand that.

Thanks ji :)