Christians protest against Sikh ‘preacher’ Amritpal Singh for ‘hurting religious sentiments’,

https://indianexpress.com/article/cities/jalandhar/christians-protest-sikh-preacher-jalandhar-8214835/

Christians protest against Sikh ‘preacher’ Amritpal Singh for ‘hurting religious sentiments’, urge govt to book him

The PCM activists gathered near PAP chowk, blocking the highway under the flyover. The commuters had a tough time manoeuvring their way through the crowd on the national highway. People were stuck in the traffic for more than four hours because of the dharna, which was lifted only after 4 pm. Some of them had to take a detour to avoid the traffic congestion.

By: Express News Service
Jalandhar | Updated: October 18, 2022 7:14:54 am

Newsguard
Punjab-protest.jpg
lg.php?bannerid=14255&campaignid=1980&zo
People from Christian community block Jalandhar-Delhi National highway during their protest against Sikh leader Amritpal Singh, in Jalandhar, Monday, Oct. 17, 2022. (PTI Photo)

The activists of Punjab Christian Movement (PCM) took to the streets on Monday in protest against an allegedly objectionable comment made about Jesus Christ by Sikh leader Amritpal Singh.

The PCM activists gathered near PAP chowk, blocking the highway under the flyover. The commuters had a tough time manoeuvring their way through the crowd on the national highway. People were stuck in the traffic for more than four hours because of the dharna, which was lifted only after 4 pm. Some of them had to take a detour to avoid the traffic congestion.

Amritpal Singh is a Dubai returned self-styled Sikh preacher who is the new leader of “Waris Punjab De”, an organisation founded by late singer-cum-actor Deep Sidhu to deliberate on issues concerning Punjab.

Hamid Masih of PCM said that they won’t tolerate any insult to Jesus Christ and wanted the state government to book the Sikh leader for hurting religious sentiments of the Christian community.

PCM activists also threatened to intensify their protest if their demand for justice was not met.

Police had to break their back to get the protesters lift the dharna.

First published on: 18-10-2022 at 07:13:53 am

6 minutes ago, Premi said:

https://indianexpress.com/article/cities/jalandhar/christians-protest-sikh-preacher-jalandhar-8214835/

Christians protest against Sikh ‘preacher’ Amritpal Singh for ‘hurting religious sentiments’, urge govt to book him

Newsguard
Punjab-protest.jpg
lg.php?bannerid=14255&campaignid=1980&zo
People from Christian community block Jalandhar-Delhi National highway during their protest against Sikh leader Amritpal Singh, in Jalandhar, Monday, Oct. 17, 2022. (PTI Photo)

The activists of Punjab Christian Movement (PCM) took to the streets on Monday in protest against an allegedly objectionable comment made about Jesus Christ by Sikh leader Amritpal Singh.

Amritpal Singh is a Dubai returned self-styled Sikh preacher who is the new leader of “Waris Punjab De”, an organisation founded by late singer-cum-actor Deep Sidhu to deliberate on issues concerning Punjab.

Hamid Masih of PCM said that they won’t tolerate any insult to Jesus Christ and wanted the state government to book the Sikh leader for hurting religious sentiments of the Christian community.

PCM activists also threatened to intensify their protest if their demand for justice was not met.

Police had to break their back to get the protesters lift the dharna.

First published on: 18-10-2022 at 07:13:53 am

Not Peace but a Sword

(Micah 7:1–6; Luke 12:49–53)

34Do not assume that I have come to bring peace to the earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35For I have come to turn

‘a man against his father,

a daughter against her mother,

a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law.

36A man’s enemies will be the members

of his own household.’i

37Anyone who loves his father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me; 38and anyone who does not take up his cross and follow Me is not worthy of Me. 39Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for My sake will find it.

1 hour ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Attacking Christ is the worst angle though. 

Agreed, I don't think this has happened though, it is unlike the nature of 'religious' Sikhs, I think it is lies from what I know about how well perceived Bhai Amritpal Singh is .

Lying and false accusations seem very common in India to 'attack' enemies (and probably just as common in the West now I think about it!)