New Maula Jatt Movie

1 hour ago, dalsingh101 said:

I think all this caste based bollox doesn't do Sikhs any favours myself. 

That;s true. When I sing its praises I am only thinking about language and quality of film. Along with the original Gandasa story it is a reflection of a certain regionand time period. Caste has no space nowadays for sure. But even look at all the songs Sikhs singers still sing...our people just can't seem to let go of it

1 hour ago, ਰੂਪ ਢਿੱਲੋਂ said:

That;s true. When I sing its praises I am only thinking about language and quality of film. Along with the original Gandasa story it is a reflection of a certain regionand time period. Caste has no space nowadays for sure. But even look at all the songs Sikhs singers still sing...our people just can't seem to let go of it

I think you need to be more specific and say who it is exactly that can't let go of it. I think our people have made their own bed now. 

2 hours ago, dalsingh101 said:

I think you need to be more specific and say who it is exactly that can't let go of it. I think our people have made their own bed now. 

Anyone who has the word Jatt in his song to be honest or any other caste name..So many singers do it I can't be more specific than that other than googling up all their names and songs...but it isn't just the singers...normal people still use it for marriage proposals etc

1 hour ago, ਰੂਪ ਢਿੱਲੋਂ said:

Anyone who has the word Jatt in his song to be honest or any other caste name..So many singers do it I can't be more specific than that other than googling up all their names and songs...but it isn't just the singers...normal people still use it for marriage proposals etc

That's what I was saying. The caste issue in our community is a jut issue in my opinion. It's these people's actions that have caused others to react and open their own Gurdwaras, or even leave the panth, to escape these people's backwards stupidity. 

Personally I think Panjabi culture is a pile of shyte, and that explains why most Panjabis aren't interested in reading or developing their literature. It's caste ridden as bad as any Hindu society. The 'art' it creates is usually of a very low standard in comparison to equivalents of other more developed cultures. Essentially it promotes casteism, public exhibitions of drinking and dancing like a mindless buffoon like that was the best thing since sliced bread. Then we have the deeply rooted culture of families attacking each other over land and property. There are some positives like generosity, but I doubt that is a 'Panjabi' thing but probably more of a Sikh effect on Panjabis who've been linked to the movement historically, as I know plenty of pak panjabis, and they are as stingy as f**k. All in all, this 'culture' gives no big contribution to society other than entertaining them in the most crass, oafish way conceivable.

And if after over a decade, here I find myself, still discussing and explaining this, to people excited about the release of a film made in pakistan about a caste that is running the Sikh movement into the ground - then it's clearly time for me to exit the merry go round. 

7 hours ago, dalsingh101 said:

That's what I was saying. The caste issue in our community is a jut issue in my opinion. It's these people's actions that have caused others to react and open their own Gurdwaras, or even leave the panth, to escape these people's backwards stupidity. 

Personally I think Panjabi culture is a pile of shyte, and that explains why most Panjabis aren't interested in reading or developing their literature. It's caste ridden as bad as any Hindu society. The 'art' it creates is usually of a very low standard in comparison to equivalents of other more developed cultures. Essentially it promotes casteism, public exhibitions of drinking and dancing like a mindless buffoon like that was the best thing since sliced bread. Then we have the deeply rooted culture of families attacking each other over land and property. There are some positives like generosity, but I doubt that is a 'Panjabi' thing but probably more of a Sikh effect on Panjabis who've been linked to the movement historically, as I know plenty of pak panjabis, and they are as stingy as f**k. All in all, this 'culture' gives no big contribution to society other than entertaining them in the most crass, oafish way conceivable.

And if after over a decade, here I find myself, still discussing and explaining this, to people excited about the release of a film made in pakistan about a caste that is running the Sikh movement into the ground - then it's clearly time for me to exit the merry go round. 

Re the film it wasn't the Jatt aspect I was interested in at all, in fact it is reduced to just his character name in it. Other aspects of the film mean its a big leap in film making that all.

re all the other things you have said about it,..well you are correct. I come historically from the Jatts and yes it is us who go on and on and on and on about it. And yes all your other points are valid. But if you are encouraging me to stick too doing my thing, I encourage you to ignore and carry on doing your contribution ..the reality id its not just Panjabis..95% of the word population is as stupid as you just described and always will be...its the easy and comfortable path for them 

I rather talk about the language on my other thread than carry this one on if this is where it leads . My difficulty with other subjects on this forum is I am A SIKH but to me calling it a religion was really a western idea. If it was not seen in simple terms of mattha teking in front of the GGS, people would realise it  is actually Sikhi and not Sikhism...thus the tenets and ideas can be developed more as a chosen way of life and philosophy....which will lead to the rational side of Sikhi dealing with Science etc..and thus it is an eastern philosophical school of thought taught by 10 teachers whose ideas should be revered rather than blindly praying to them like their are Hindu Gods. Is that not the very rejection they practised? Going off piste now...sorry