Brother jailed for minimum of 19 years for drink fuelled murder

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/23472524.jasreet-klare-brother-jailed-19-years-bishop-auckland-murder/?ref=yahoo  

Brother jailed for minimum of 19 years for drink fuelled murder

Graeme Hetherington

Fri, 21 April 2023 at 3:32 pm BST

image.png.f9a1b29f6dd82c2e01c30118b7149089.png

Inderjit Klare murdered his younger brother, Jasreet, in the family-owned fish and chip shop on Tenters Street, Bishop Auckland. (Image: Newsqest)

A sibling rivalry which occasionally descended into violence came to a catastrophic conclusion when a drink and drug fuelled brawl ended with a fatal stabbing.

Inderjit Klare stabbed his younger brother several times with a kitchen knife and left him to bleed to death on the floor of their family-owned fish and chip shop.  

The 43-year-old disgraced pharmacist severed an artery in Jasreet Klare’s right arm when he plunged the knife straight through his arm as he attempted to defend himself.

Teesside Crown Court heard how Inderjit waited for 90 minutes before calling the emergency services and by the time they arrived he had bled to death – an outcome which could have been prevented with basic first aid.  

Today, jurors convicted him of murdering his 40-year-old brother in the early hours of October 9 last year in Bishop Auckland. 

Judge Howard Crowson heard how the family feud had caused untold heartbreak for the Klare family.

Mr Klare’s partner, Emma Hallas, spoke of the devastation his murder had wreaked on his family describing how ‘her heart was shattered’.

“I have lost my soulmate, my children have lost their daddy and my daughter has lost her hero,” she said.

“She won’t ever have her daddy see her grow up, he won’t ever get to walk her down the aisle or see her graduate. Most of all he won’t see her bring his grandchildren into the world.”

Despite that, the murderer had the presence of mind to attempt to hose away the blood in a vain attempt to destroy evidence of his violent attack on his brother. He also made attempts to hide the weapon and the CCTV equipment from inside the business. 

Mr Hill said the defendant is an 'intelligent' man who qualified as a pharmacist but his life began to unravel after he was jailed for selling prescription medication to a drug dealer.

Jordan Alderson and Michael Wilson, who met the brothers during a night out in Bishop Auckland, said he was forced to kick his way out of the shop fearing that he would be next to be attacked.

Defence barrister David Lamb KC said his client had always accepted responsibility for his brother’s death.

He added: “We would describe it as a tragedy. He will live with the consequences of his actions for the rest of his life as indeed will his parents.

“They have lost a son and they will also lose this defendant for a considerable period of time.”

Judge Crowson sentenced Klare to a minimum of 19 years in custody for the needless murder of his brother.

2 hours ago, Premi said:

Inderjit Klare stabbed his younger brother several times with a kitchen knife and left him to bleed to death on the floor of their family-owned fish and chip shop.  

The 43-year-old disgraced pharmacist severed an artery in Jasreet Klare’s right arm when he plunged the knife straight through his arm as he attempted to defend himself.

I don't think this was attempted murder. And brothers can really wind each other up.

Teesside Crown Court heard how Inderjit waited for 90 minutes before calling the emergency services and by the time they arrived he had bled to death – an outcome which could have been prevented with basic first aid. 

I hear that, but I only know because I had to do some first aid course a while ago. Maybe this guy didn't know?

This is so tragic. Sibling rivalry can get super deep. 

I'm guessing the younger brother could beat up the older one, hence......