A weird series of events.

4 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

So last night I fell asleep reading Vaaran Bhai Gurdas Ji. I was reading from the beginning. 

I got a bit past the Ang describing Vaheguru sending Guru Nanak Dev Ji to redeem the Kalyugh. 

My phone died but somehow I woke up perfectly on time. 

I had this feeling I wasn't going to work which is odd, because I did wake up, do Ishnaan and drive for an hour to work. Only to find I didn't have my safety boots. 

So I turn around after letting my boss know, and land right in the worst...bunper to bumper freeway traffic I've ever seen here. 

So I pull out of backed up traffic and treat myself by going to Gurudwara. 

I'm surprised to see a Gora Bhenji, and the kirtanis are just laying it down. 

Afterwards we're having a little Cha and Bhenji asks...Did you come for Guru Nanak Dev Jis Prakash?

And that's when it hit me. That's exactly why my morning was weird beyond what I described and I'm here. Apparently yes Bhenji, that's exactly why I'm here I just had no idea. 

Bwau Bgiq gurpurib kir nwmu dwnu iesnwnu idRVHwieAw[

bhaau bhagat gurapurab kar naam dhaan isanaan dhiraRhaiaa|

Now being full of loving devotion they celebrate the gurprubs (anniversaries of the Gurus) and their acts of rememberance of God, charity and holy ablutions, inspire others also.

pauVI 23 : guru Avqwr

pauRee 23 : gur avataar

Coming of the Guru

suxI pukwir dwqwr pRBu guru nwnk jg mwih pTwieAw[

sunee pukaar dhaataar prabh gur naanak jag maeh paThaiaa|

The benefactor Lord listened to the cries (of humanity) and sent Guru Nanak to this world.

kiljugu bwby qwirAw siq nwmu piVH mMqRü suxwieAw[

kalijug baabe taariaa sat naam paReh ma(n)tr sunaiaa|

Baba Nanak liberated this dark age (kaljug) and recited the mantra of satnaam for one and all.

kil qwrix guru nwnku AwieAw ]23]

kal taaran gur naanak aaiaa ||23||

Guru Nanak came to redeem the kaliyug.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh ji veer ji. Its excellent stage of bhagati simran that you have achieved its all Waheguru Guru Sahib Ji's kirpa. Keeping doing ardas for further progress as this type of stages are not easily achievable without doing a lot of simran from previous janams and this current one.