Arrested For Wearing Kirpaan (London, U.K)

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh Ji, 

I hope all is well, I wish to discuss an ongoing case that the Police have against me for me wearing my kirpaan,

Das was initiated into the Khalsa Panth in June 2022, and from then until December 2022 upheld my Rehat as much as I could all thanks to Guru Kirpa, I was travelling to Canada when I was stuck in transit overnight at Las Vegas Airport; I was without food and drink for more than a day and had a few flight connections cancel on me - Thankfully I still had my 5 Kakaars on. On the 29th December 2022 I was told to remove my Shri Sahib Kirpaan by the TSA in order to travel through security but told the TSA that I am unable to due to me being an Amritdhaari Khalsa Sikh and it would have a negative impact on me due to me never being without it, I had no other option but to listen to them. To this day I do not know whether I was still classed as an Amritdhaari Khalsa Sikh due to me taking my Shri Sahib Kirpaan off. When I finally got to Canada I still did my best to uphold my Rehat but there came a time some months later where I started giving into my vices, where I noticed that I had never gave into them for nearly more than 2 years. I was new to Canada and was lost and me giving into my vices started giving me the notion that I have become a Patit due to me being stuck around bad company and me being mislead about some things that are prohibited for the Khalsa. I never thought that I would be committing any Bajjar Kurehat due to me being so strong in my Rehat when I was in the U.K. 9 Months in Canada and I came back to the U.K, acknowledging that what I had been doing was a huge offence to my Rehat, but had been doing my best to uphold my Rehat and becoming strong in Sikhi again. I started doing more Sangat, doing ardas and apologising for my bad deeds I had committed, I started wearing my 5 Kakkars again and told myself that I will present myself to the Panj Pyaare once I have become stronger in Sikhi and in upholding my Rehat; Sikhi has been my only help when it comes to my mental health, which I have been having troubles with since a child (possible PTSD, Autism issues). One Amrit Vela Session in the Sangat and I was later arrested, basically - I listen to my music with earphones on when in public, and whilst on the train that morning I was reading the newspaper out loud where someone near me must have misinterpreted what I had been speaking about, I also read somewhere about the U.K Threat Level (I was disturbed by this), also when the Police approached me, they questioned me about my behaviour, and about the wearing of my Shri Sahib Kirpaan, where I told them that I had been initiated as an Amritdhaari and need to wear my 5Ks to aid in keeping strong in my faith, but due to me making some deep mistakes (I had to clarify these in the police station) I am still doing my best to return to my faith. I was handed over to the police station where I was stuck for 14 hours; I have attached a document stating everything that happened to me on that day - please find attached. I have now until end of February and wished to speak to someone who may be able to help me here; I already have ongoing legal support but wished to clarify this to the Sangat on this site. 

I do apologise for my mistakes, and I know that what I have done to my Rehat is the worst of worst, and will welcome any punishment that I will receive from the Panj Pyaare when I present myself. 

I look forward to hearing from anyone who may be able to help me, 

Ish Singh

IMG_20231208_111227_142.jpg

IMG_20231208_111250_520.jpg

On 1/18/2024 at 1:51 PM, Ish Singh said:

I hope all is well, I wish to discuss an ongoing case that the Police have against me for me wearing my kirpaan,

Das was initiated into the Khalsa Panth in June 2022, and from then until December 2022 upheld my Rehat as much as I could all thanks to Guru Kirpa, I was travelling to Canada when I was stuck in transit overnight at Las Vegas Airport; I was without food and drink for more than a day and had a few flight connections cancel on me - Thankfully I still had my 5 Kakaars on. On the 29th December 2022 I was told to remove my Shri Sahib Kirpaan by the TSA in order to travel through security but told the TSA that I am unable to due to me being an Amritdhaari Khalsa Sikh and it would have a negative impact on me due to me never being without it, I had no other option but to listen to them. To this day I do not know whether I was still classed as an Amritdhaari Khalsa Sikh due to me taking my Shri Sahib Kirpaan off. When I finally got to Canada I still did my best to uphold my Rehat but there came a time some months later where I started giving into my vices, where I noticed that I had never gave into them for nearly more than 2 years. I was new to Canada and was lost and me giving into my vices started giving me the notion that I have become a Patit due to me being stuck around bad company and me being mislead about some things that are prohibited for the Khalsa. I never thought that I would be committing any Bajjar Kurehat due to me being so strong in my Rehat when I was in the U.K. 9 Months in Canada and I came back to the U.K, acknowledging that what I had been doing was a huge offence to my Rehat, but had been doing my best to uphold my Rehat and becoming strong in Sikhi again. I started doing more Sangat, doing ardas and apologising for my bad deeds I had committed, I started wearing my 5 Kakkars again and told myself that I will present myself to the Panj Pyaare once I have become stronger in Sikhi and in upholding my Rehat; Sikhi has been my only help when it comes to my mental health, which I have been having troubles with since a child (possible PTSD, Autism issues). One Amrit Vela Session in the Sangat and I was later arrested, basically - I listen to my music with earphones on when in public, and whilst on the train that morning I was reading the newspaper out loud where someone near me must have misinterpreted what I had been speaking about, I also read somewhere about the U.K Threat Level (I was disturbed by this), also when the Police approached me, they questioned me about my behaviour, and about the wearing of my Shri Sahib Kirpaan, where I told them that I had been initiated as an Amritdhaari and need to wear my 5Ks to aid in keeping strong in my faith, but due to me making some deep mistakes (I had to clarify these in the police station) I am still doing my best to return to my faith. I was handed over to the police station where I was stuck for 14 hours; I have attached a document stating everything that happened to me on that day - please find attached. I have now until end of February and wished to speak to someone who may be able to help me here; I already have ongoing legal support but wished to clarify this to the Sangat on this site. 

I do apologise for my mistakes, and I know that what I have done to my Rehat is the worst of worst, and will welcome any punishment that I will receive from the Panj Pyaare when I present myself. 

I look forward to hearing from anyone who may be able to help me, 

Ish Singh

IMG_20231208_111227_142.jpg

IMG_20231208_111250_520.jpg

Police sound like they violated your rights a bit. You trying to persue it?