Akali Nihang Guru Gobind Singh -really?

Niranjana

Oh please narsingha jio. What leads you to think that manochal ji is getting personal? this tpoic was started to discuss, so if one has NO points just keep quiet instead of saying "you getting personal" to finish off a discussion with accusations that has no grounds. (getting personal)

actually no, clarify it this way so that next time, you are asked something and there is a discussion you dont get :attacked personaly", what are the words or sentences used by people that have "personnal attack" meaning to you ji?... what do u say. so next time they can avoid using such words which might have a "personal conotation" to you, and not hurt your or others feelings. ki khial hai?

And if you have material that can help clarify this subject, you can please provide it here so that everyone can have the chance to learn. but of course you can email each other, none of my business.

just please, humble request, dont end ALL the discussion on a negative state syaing people are getting personal. When you think they are getting personal, overcome that and keep on discussing the subject if you have answers to the questions and have a reponse or information that can help.

thank you jio.

Gur Fateh!

We have seen numerous references to Guru Gobind Singh as "Akali Nihang" Guru Gobind Singh.

The associated websites do make clear the varying stages between Khalsa Singh, Nihang Singhs and Akali Nihang Singhs (also see posts by Narsingha on how to become a Nihang).

However, I must ask that, surely Guru Gobind Singh is above all such distinctions/ranks? Just a personal opinion/question, perhaps the forum or Narsingha and others who support the notion could help explain?

SAT SRI AKAAALL!!

I might be totally wrong here, but I had a thought earlier.

Is Guru Gobind Singh being referred to as "Akali Nihang" Guru Gobind Singh or "Akali Nihang Guru" Gobind Singh. There is a difference, coz even the term 'Guru' is a rank/distinction (?). Any tom, dick and harry can name their kids Gobind Singh but there was only one Guru Gobind Singh. Now there existed many Akali Nihangs in our history, but there are only 10 Akali Nihang Guru's.

What do u think, am I missing something totally obvious from this argument or have I smashed it??? lol

And girls, stop b*tchin at each other, you'll ruin ur nails. :P

Lol Dear friend narsingha, you are confused, i am not talking about baba nihal singh, i am trying to keep the discussion strictlyto the topic!

If you wish to discuss baba nihal singh then please posts your views on there, as im sure many people would like to read up on that discussion and if we discuss it here then they might miss the opportunity.

Ps i like the change of style you have adopted, rather than just reject things straight out and call me a liar, you have now (perhaps after asking others if what i said is true) decided that maybe what i say might be true... anyway please cont this in the 'tarana dal nihangs' discussion.

But Mr 'narsingha' firstly as penji pointed out please point out where i got personal? I havent isulted you or called you names! i simply am discussing the way you approach topics for discussion.

My reason for posting the above was actually with the 'Damdami Taksal' thread in mind. In that instance you dismissed all reasoning that the damdami taksal was started by Guru Gobind Singh Ji, argueing that there was no written proof... but yet here you say that written proof i not always required.

As people on that thread argued that they had from a large number of mixed sources heard that taksal was started by the Guru, it seems strange that you can find them wrong, but here when it seems to suit you, you allow space for oral tradition!

Sounds very hypocritical to me. I dont want to re-open the taksal topic, im just using that as an example of how you 'jump ship' when it suits you.

Please answer my questions on whether or not you agree with my conclusions frm your philosophy.

Thank you!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moderator Note: Baba Manochal either change your tone which is way too sarcastic or your membership of this forum will be discontinued. This is not a chat room but discussion forum. You can post question and let members answer them but if you want to get answer from one of our member then use PM instead. I hope you will change your method of posting and we will not have to take any action.

This discussion is locked for three days so people can read our discussion guidelines.