Marriage

Guest Maha_Pavitar

Again, this is so true..it's sad that many do not 'practice' this..I know many people are confused of the way I treat my other half, for me he truly is Guroo Jee's gift (for me) and to treat him any less than that would just be sinful..It's our highest sangat, the support system to bridge our relationship with divinity. Guroo jee gives endless guidance on how to have a fruitful, loving marriage..it's thoese marriages that enrich your life together.

Guroo Amar Das Jee says 'they are not husban and wife who merely sit together, they are called husband and wife who have but one light(soul) in two bodies'.

Guroo Nanak Dev Jee says Gund Purethee Mithai Bol 'There is a bond between love & words of sweetness'

Guroo Arjan Dev jee instructs that vur naree mil mangal gaieeya thakur ka jaikar! 'Husband and wife join together in rejoicing, celebrating the Victory of the Master.'

In bani Bhagat Fareed Jee says there are three robes to captivate your Husband Lord (again the parallel is drawn)....

'Humility is the word, forgiveness is the virtue, and sweet speech is the magic mantra'

Pheena veer, I like that you said marriage becomes your Seva/Simran, in essence your marriage is a parallel to your relationship with the divine.

May you all appreciate and cherish the blessing that your other half is :)

If you do this..every day will be full of bliss..

so you infront of the guru granth sahib....your doing all this ceremony and afterwards you have the passport to have sex, lol

anymore explanations?

this doubt don't go away

Nothing wrong with sex :roll: Everyone has a different view of what a marriage should be. Religiously, marriage is a union of two souls with the goal of helping each other reach Parmatma. For Sikhs, marriage is a formal commitment to your partner with the Guru as witness. It's also a nice arrangement to have and raise children :D After all, as living beings, we have a moral and social duty to procreate :D