Confused AGAIN...

Fateh Ji,

After this post, I'm not gonna keep buging ya'll...

I'm just confused...

If someone can answer these qusetions to me...if possible...

What's the thing i hear that the soul goes through 8.4 Million reincarnations?

How can we know this is true?

Why are there so many religions? And How do we know which one is right?

Listen, i may sound like im talking from a depressed view. But i'm just really confused. I sit around for hours thinking about this, and all this runs into my head. Like i don't find happines in false things like, drinking, etc, money...and I'm sure if start to "live" like that again I'll never find true happiness...I understand exactly what the Gurus said, it makes a lot of sense...they keeping of the kesh etc...but i'm just confused on the whole big picture...

Like what happens to those who cut their hair? but they don't mean harm, where do they go?

What about those, that dont really follow religon, but help others and are clean-hearted?

I've been causing pain for my family for absolutely no reason, they ask me whats my problem, and I say nothing...if i tell them its Sikhi, they will laugh and mock at me...and say Sikhi says to respect ur parents and to live life not just waste it...but I just want some more knowledge...maybe this knowledge can never be gained?

ALRITE SORRY TO BOTHER YOU ALL FOR THE 25th billionth time...

and another question, to the boy who died, "Vijay Singh" what will happen to him? Poor kid died from evil eh...but was it right for him to committ suicide at that age?...would have you reccomended him to cut his hair instaed?

I get questions like you don't need to keep your hair to become close to God...yeah but I SEE WHY WE KEEP OUR KESH, not for God, but for Sikhi and the martyrs and the gurus...and they kind of contradict their own words...

I DONT KNOW...i have a perfectly good life...but just some whack questions...

SORRY

WJKK WJKF

I dont rally have a lot of time right now

but there are plenty of cases where kids remember their previous life.

theres this drama on BBC1 playing right NOW about it...

I'll send u a link later...

and there have been plenty of documentaries about it

also

Reincarnation is being proved with near death experiences and hypnosis

plenty of more evidence can be found:

near-death.com

I'll get back to you later :)

bhull chukk maaf

Guest Javanmard

Who told you to take things literally? Indian religions and in fact most religions use poetic language. The number 84 describes infinity.

Why are there so many languages? To qualify H2O you say 'water' im English, 'pani' in Panjabi, 'eau' in French etc...

In the same way the Muslim calls the Divine Allah, the SIkh Vahiguru, the Jew Adonai etc...

Religions are the language that different people use to invoque the Divine. There is no 'right' or 'wrong' religion (and I am talking here about religions not cults!), there is this one question: what is the right language-religion for you and your needs?

Like what happens to those who cut their hair? but they don't mean harm, where do they go?

What about those, that dont really follow religon, but help others and are clean-hearted?

Keeping kesh is the insignia of the Khalsa, nothing more, nothing less. Keeping kesh does nopt make you a good or bad person it just makes you a Khalsa. Now there are plenty of people within the SIkh tradition who did not keep their kesh but who still were great saints especially among the sahajdhari and udasis. Consider the example of dada Chellaram, a Sindhi Sahjdhari!

A lot of your questions come from the fact that you are surrounded by Christian thinking 24/7 and that the Sikhi around you is strongly Protestantised. Keep this in mind when you ask question. Before you ask a question ask yourself 'why am I asking THIS question?'

I hope this helps!

I ask questions cause i wanna know what i believe in. I wanna know what and for what reasons am i doing what i'm doing. Another question, when someone is dying, we all tend to do paht...

What do we do paht for...the calmin' of ones soul or to bring them back to life?

But wouldn't we be acting like manmukhs if we ask God to keep a person alive?...

khalistani singh, it really depends on the situation, no one knows who is better then the other apart from waheguru themselves, who knows another persons fate after they depart from this earth other then waheguru?

bani tells us that what happens to each person is due to their previous actions, so if for example i suffer something it will really be a consequence of something which i probably commited previously, bani also tells us that pain exists in this world so that we remember waheguru, because when there is no pain people forget about waheguru and the illusion of maya takes them away from akaal

on ur question about trying to keep someone alive, well daily we may pray to waheguru to beg them that they keep us always at their feet, that may we be blessed of amrit vela, blessed with naam, no one prays for pain, it isnt a selfish thing to wish for the benefit of someone, family is important to all of us but accepting that waheguru takes people back is also a part of life

sometimes u may do an ardas that someone be freed from their suffering, sometimes u may do an ardas to save them, what happens is in the hands of waheguru, as he makes us dance we dance

i watched a program last week about people with disabilities, they had been paralysed and they had electrical circuits surgically implanted into their limbs, and no matter what the human body cannot work fully in this way no matter how many circuits or technology is put into them, even standing up was a sequence of 5 actions, and even then the person needed a zimmaframe for balance and someone behind them

it made me think that even the most trivial things we have been blessed with, such as using our hands, being able to stand is such a huge huge gift from waheguru, that no matter how much we pray we can never thank them enough, ask a person who has had 50 operations just to be able to move their hand to pick up a cup of tea how much they would sacrifice for a fully working hand let alone a body

we are given some hard times in this life, but what we have been blessed with is always much much more, the biggest blessing is to have the chance to become one with god again, waheguru knows how long we have been separated

After this post, I'm not gonna keep buging ya'll...

I'm just confused...

If someone can answer these qusetions to me...if possible...

8.4 million is a large number given to indicate the endless cycle of births.

Tha same way that you know that theory of Relativity is True. You trust the person who gave you this theory, because he was more intelligent than all of us, combined.

If some one has studied physics, they know that light has got dual nature

1.wave nature

2. particle nature

scientists use, the one which suits their need for that particular postulate. and we belive it cause they have gone deep and studied.

Now in case of our religion, we have to trust our Guru (thats being Gurmukh) cause the Guru has gone through the studies, the iterations and has shown us the true path.

Very tough to give an answer. But the essence of all religions is love OR in the beginning was Love. Maybe it changed over time. and perhaps the answer is no written proof of what was preached by the starters of these religions.

Thats why the Gurus composed Guru Granth Sahib during their lifetime and also made SGGS our eternal Guru

Listen, i may sound like im talking from a depressed view. But i'm just really confused. I sit around for hours thinking about this, and all this runs into my head. Like i don't find happines in false things like, drinking, etc, money...and I'm sure if start to "live" like that again I'll never find true happiness...I understand exactly what the Gurus said, it makes a lot of sense...they keeping of the kesh etc...but i'm just confused on the whole big picture...

Dont be depressed. Take a cool picture. God doesnt get angry or frustrated. To him all this is a play.

Think of it as a school, where you graduate from one class to another. Some fail the grades, and start over again. Some pass and move to another grade, till the time you actually clear the school.

But God is in no hurry. Heis going to give you chances, he is going to give evryone chances. It is not that you have one life and if by chance you make a mistake, you are condemned eternally. You will come back, live again etc.

But then the essence is that if in this life (as of now) you have founbd the Guru with the belsssings of God, you are going to attain him. It is as if you have found a special tutor, who is going to take extra classes, and make you pass with flying colours.

Being clean hearted and helpging others - at least are two vital points of sikhi.

Guru Nanak dev Ji said, Truth is high...Higher still is Truthful living

I've been causing pain for my family for absolutely no reason, they ask me whats my problem, and I say nothing...if i tell them its Sikhi, they will laugh and mock at me...and say Sikhi says to respect ur parents and to live life not just waste it...but I just want some more knowledge...maybe this knowledge can never be gained?

Of course this knowledge can be gained.

First put your trust in your Guru - Guru Granth Sahib. Read slowly, explore. read good books. and discuss.

ALRITE SORRY TO BOTHER YOU ALL FOR THE 25th billionth time...

and another question, to the boy who died, "Vijay Singh" what will happen to him? Poor kid died from evil eh...but was it right for him to committ suicide at that age?...would have you reccomended him to cut his hair instaed?

It is our weakness that made him die. Those who die like this are martyrs.

Sura So Pahchaniye, Jo Lare Deen ke Het......................

Life is always not digital - do this or do that.......the point is to find a solution. If someone could have provided a counselling, the kid may have survived. Dont worry he is with Guru Ji...thats all we can say for now

I get questions like you don't need to keep your hair to become close to God...yeah but I SEE WHY WE KEEP OUR KESH, not for God, but for Sikhi and the martyrs and the gurus...and they kind of contradict their own words...

It is just like you love someone. The person gives you a gift. What do you do with the gift? Do you throw it ? Do you keep it ? If you throw it.....how does the person react ?

We keephair because: our Master, the Gurus asked us to ....because they say that it shows love for your Husband Lord, because hair is a gift from God.

Why people who cut hair, dont get punished, is because, just like a person who loves you doesnt punish you even when you throw away the gift, even it hurts him when he sees his gift being plundered or thrown away.

I DONT KNOW...i have a perfectly good life...but just some whack questions...

Like The Admin said, there is nothing wrong in asking questions. Let them pour forth from the bottom of your heart.

My advice:

[glow=red:3feae639d3]

Be patient--you are young and in this age these questions are normal

Learn slowly

Listen to Gurbaani Keertan --even if at first you dont understand it. pick a tune thats is pleasing to you.

Dont be extreme-----either totally down or toaly on top of the world. dont take decisions in the heat of the moment.[/glow:3feae639d3]

I ask questions cause i wanna know what i believe in. I wanna know what and for what reasons am i doing what i'm doing. Another question, when someone is dying, we all tend to do paht...

Path is NOT meant for the soul who has passed away. It is meant to calm people who are behind and tell them the eternal truth. About Life and death and about this world like being a dream. To reinforce why we are actually here in this life.

What do we do paht for...the calmin' of ones soul or to bring them back to life?

NO ONE BUT GOD ALONE CAN BRING ANYONE TO LIFE. PAATH IS NOT A MANTAR.

But wouldn't we be acting like manmukhs if we ask God to keep a person alive?...

A true singh would say that he be given strength of to live in his will. He wiould be happy on whatever happenes in his will, much like our Gurus.

still everyone cant be that strong, so out of our hubleness, we ask God, to grant our wishes, just like child asks his/her father or mother.

paaji - the question of all these religions - well i may be able to give you my angle - whether it helps or not ...... who knows!?

Erm, why are religions formed ? well hmmmm

My personal(nothing is personal about this view, this is an introductory bootstrap - all borrowed knowledge) view is that it all depends as to what you define as a religion

If you say religion is a search for the truth - righteousness - dharam - then there is only 1 religion - - TRUTH

And using 'ik hai fir anek hai' - this is from Jaap Sahib - composed by the Tenth Nanak - one tranlsation for this line is

Oneness in manyness and manyness in oneness - or even unity in diversity, diversity in unity

Therfore we could say that God(the existance) can be REALISED in numerous ways because he(the existance) is so diverse

And important the common element within all these methods being the search for the TRUTH - which exists in everything

Perhaps we could use this analogy - a maala - it has different bead(religions) but the same thread runsthroughout it(Truth)

So from the above we can deduce that the message of True Religion is Constant - this leads to the question - why so many religions?

One arguement could be that the prophets were sent by God(the existance) to inform lost souls how to get home

Different religions were formed because the prophets were born in different times and places - cultures influenced the way in which the path was practiced etc

For instance - Visualize 2 men

they have different clothes (representing different religions) - but the bodies they are made up of still consists of the SAME ELEMENTS. The difference in clothes can be explained, they come from difference places and time zones!

Hmm... perhaps that aided your cause....

Gurfateh

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone get actual quotes from the Granth Sahib to answer any of those questions?

I think it would be more helpful..esp when a non-Sikh asks us questions like those..would be better to answer the questions by saying that this is how its stated in the Granth Sahib.. rather than saying 'oh this is what I believe ...'

Noor just one request to you ji.

Can you please refer "Guroo Granth Sahib" instead of "Granth Sahib". It sound like you are refering to holy book. Well guroo granth sahib ji is not a mere holy book. Its living guroooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please dont take my post as a offense but just an request!!!!!!!!!!! :D