Passion of the Christ

got this from forum

I recommend that all people should see this movie to see what Jesus Christ went through....

Shaheedi for all of mankind.

I know some of you people will say that thats not our religion, but all of the Prodigal Sons (10 gurus, Jesus.. etc) deserve the utmost respect from everybody in this world.

Mel Gibson is an amazing and passionate director who should win some something for this but wont because the Jews run this world and wont let it happen.

Does anyone have seen it??

Please share your views on this movie :D

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I actually saw this movie tonight..and while I would agree in saying that the movie was well done, I would like to say the movie was extremely graphic. A lot of the gore was unnecessary, the idea should have been to his message across, but he just shows long scenes of violence to win over people's emotions, I think the ideals of Jesus could have been better represented.

Also, I would like to say that I think it was disrespectful to actual cast a Jesus. I just feel that an actor should not portray Jesus, as I just find that very disrespectful. Example: How would you feel about a Sikh movie where someone is cast as a Guru...

Honor the memory, but casting an actor for such a great man is just plain disrespectful because he can never live up to it (thus in the end it will only make a mockery of the real thing). Just my opinion.

Why are we hating on Jews here?...the jews just basically see that it preaches anti-semitism...im sure Sikhs would go crazy if the Hindus made a movie on like claiming Guru Nanak was hindu or something...besides we all are children of God...so we should be open minded and respect all faiths.

Fateh

I don't hate anyone... :D

Shaheedi for all of mankind.

"Died for our sins" eh? Thats merely your opinion and the opinions of thousands of bafoons out there. Where is it written in Sikhism that there exists a 'son of God' or for someone to die for our sins?

I know some of you people will say that thats not our religion, but all of the Prodigal Sons (10 gurus, Jesus.. etc) deserve the utmost respect from everybody in this world.

What admin cut and bull are you talking about? Does Sikhism recognise the concept of prophets or sons of Gods? Sikhism specificaly states all men are created equal. There is NO provision in Sikhism denoting anybody to be any son of God or God on Earth in flesh form.And why should I respect someone who probably did not even exist? Is it because your Christian friends tell you so? Where is it written in the SGGS that states a Sikh must respect JC superstar?

Mel Gibson is an amazing and passionate director who should win some something for this but wont because the Jews run this world and wont let it happen.

You are a bigot and a racist. It is sad that a Sikh like you is openly believing to cruel Jewish conspiracy theories that have haunted these poor people a long time now. Is this what Sikhi teaches you??? To simply hate a people that have done you no wrong??? And since when did Sikhism align itself with the Christianity? Where is it stated in Sikhism that the Jews are bad people??

Believe me when I say this, if the Jews REALLY ran this world, Mecca today would be reduced to radio active rubble.

Please share your views on this movie

You should not align yourself to what is popular belief today as Sikhism has empowered us all to THINK and make an informed judgement. FYI many believe Sikhs are terrorists. Now is that true?

veer i got that message from another forum.. this is not my view...

I just wanted to clarify before people gettin gussa at me for nothing

Ooops, sorry Bhaisap. I did not realise this. I'm sorry for those rather harsh remarks. I just feel sorry for the Jews and truly believe they have been given the short end of the stick by the Christians and the Muslims.

And may I be the first to welcome you to this site Jamuka!

Hey thanks!

Jamuka,

Welcome to the site. I just want to give you little introduction to our site. We are not here to bash any religion/faith/cult but to have discussions with rational mind.

I think this is the first site where you will see "comparative study" sections and our intention is to have understanding of other religions.

You are most welcome to our site with your views but please check our guidelines because that will help you to understand this place.

I will look forward to see your views on different topics.

If you want me to stick to topic then I believe that Jesus was died as per almighty's will. Also, he died for his sins not for ours. As a Sikh, we believe that whatever you sow that's what you reap. It was his destiny and it was written by almighty.

Please, check following as well if Christians deny it.

From The Bible, Galatians vi. 'Whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.'

Jamuka,

Welcome to the site. I just want to give you little introduction to our site. We are not here to bash any religion/faith/cult but to have discussions with rational mind.

Sorry if I have offended anybody here.

I think this is the first site where you will see "comparative study" sections and our intention is to have understanding of other religions.

Actually there are others as well and if anybody here has time they should also check out www.faithfreedom.org. However faithfreedom emphasis is on the revealing to the truth about Islam.

You are most welcome to our site with your views but please check our guidelines because that will help you to understand this place.

Ok will do.

If you want me to stick to topic then I believe that Jesus was died as per almighty's will. Also, he died for his sins not for ours. As a Sikh, we believe that whatever you sow that's what you reap. It was his destiny and it was written by almighty.

If I'm not mistaken, Christians believe that Jesus died for THEIR sins. I could be wrong though.

Please, check following as well if Christians deny it.

From The Bible, Galatians vi. 'Whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.'

My point was that Jesus was NOT killed by the Jews but by the Romans. Many Christians to this day believe it was the Jews who were responsible for the death of their Jesus. This belief is false and has resulted in the sufferings of Jews for time immemorial. Where do you think Hitler got his idea of Jewish extermination?

P.S. This is a great site!

Jamuka

Jesus was son of God same as whole mankind. Creator created human and other things on this earth so we all belong to that almighty. This is Sikh belief, and I will stick to this belief.

Jesus was son of God same as whole mankind. Creator created human and other things on this earth so we all belong to that almighty. This is Sikh belief, and I will stick to this belief.

Can you show me which shabad/bhani/hukam in the SGGS that states Jesus was the son of God? I await your reply.

Are you aware that Christians regard only Jesus Christ is son of God and not the rest of humanity?

I know, But I still don't udnerstand why you went against what Admin jee said :

Can you show me which shabad/bhani/hukam in the SGGS that states Jesus was the son of God? I await your reply.

I just did above - Quoted that WHole humanity is Sons/Daughters of GOd, hence Includes Jesus. Admin jee never said ONLY Jesus was - according to SIkhism :wink:

I just did above - Quoted that WHole humanity is Sons/Daughters of GOd, hence Includes Jesus. Admin jee never said ONLY Jesus was - according to SIkhism

Sorry Mr.Singh. I think we've got a bit of a miscommunication here. My point is that Christians are wrong in stating Jesus is son of God and the rest of humanity isn't. I though the stuff adminji posted was from him but apparently it was copy paste from another site. so you see, it was all a miscommunication.

BTW can anybody here tell me why is Khalsa Soulja banned? I've seen his posts on other sites and from what I know of him, he's a pretty behaved chap.

Guest Javanmard

There seems to be a bit of a confusion here. In Christianity all humans are sons of God but Jesus is God the Son! According to the oecumenical councils Jesus is not just some human but God the Son, one of the Persons of the Holy Trinity.