I want to take amrit but...

sikh_fauge

Vaheguru je ka khalsa, Vaheguru je ke fateh

1) first u do have to get good amrit vela veer je

try even half an hour or an hours amount of simran

then at sunrise nitenm

then slowly increase and with ardaas koi ne it will all work out

2) well, its really depends on wat u gonna be singing

none of it shud have anything to do with love, the fake kind, umm, gangster stuff, please elaborate on wat u mean by singing

3) veer je, thas an escuse

saag, sabji, so much stuff is packed with protein

also, they also make soya stuff now, and its packed with protien but it aint meat

so veerje, its not true meat and eggs are the only thing that have protien

alot of dals and sabjis have protien

also

shaheedi deghwithout the drugs is great protien

4)u will have to keep the 5 kakaars on AT ALL TIMES

even shower, etc.

never can take em off

practice for a little while before amrit

it really aint to hard

5)like i said veer je, before amrit practice amrit vela and reading ure banis and soon ull be able to read banis faaast so if ure really beasy u can read em fast

better yet, before amrit, make all banis kant, pr try ure best for at least all banis except jaap sahib

it aint too hard to make banis kant

if u take on day a full day for each bani it will become kant

cept jaap sahib, that might take a bit longner cause it all sounds the same sort of

6)there ar emany gurtkas in english out there, theres on gud one by singh brothers

ill get u the gutka, just tell me

its easy to read for people who dont know gurmukhi

also take some santhia before amrit, i really advise from damdami taksal

there sick in santhia

so, u can still take amrit but while ure amridhari slowly learn gurmukhi also

so veer je, its all possible if u really want it

bhula chuka maf

Vaheguru je ka khalsa, Vaheguru je ke fateh

• 11 years later...
Waheguru Ji ka Khalsa Waheguru ji ki Fateh....
I just want discuss some below points with you,i need your reply on my below confusion.

1.Amritdhari can take only Food from Amritdhari only?
2.If i want to take Amrit is it mandatory for my wife to take Amrit?
3.Amritdhaari can share with Non-Amritdhaari?

hope to hear from you very soon ...!!

1. Yes initially for following reasons a) this tradition was started to avoid infiltration from mugals - positioning food of khalsa b)as a beginner to meditation/naam simran after amrit it help avoiding negative vibration of food made by non amritdharis. As one progresses spiritually where one gets to stage where one is naturally spontaneously automatically drawn towards shabad/knowledge of shabad-naam, perception of non dual lord in all, all in one, one in all. This rule one can easily transcendent it with shabad abidance from akaal ustat: 

Sab karam fookat jan sab dharam naihfal man ||
Bin ek naam aadhar sab karam barhm bichar 

2. Traditionally, all though encouraged its depends on circumstances so its not a rule written on a stone,  please see below more info,

http://kam1825.podbean.com/e/can-someone-take-amrit-without-their-partner/

3. It usually something to do with food. 

Edited by N30 S!NGH

I need some advice..deep advice..please..dnt laugh at these points; instead (for sake of clarification) give ur personal views backed by bani.

Many thanks in advance; waheguru!

I want to take amrit this year but theres a few things holding me bacl:

1)i do not rise early and repeat gods name

2)im aiming for a career in music; spending time in the studio means not thinking of god..isnt this wrong?? (or do we all switch off sometimes?)..and i would be making songs of a pop nature (nothing taboo however)

3)i eat eggs (because i need the protein)

4)i wouldnt be in the habit of wearing all five ks..and wouldnt, ideally, want to go a day without them

5)i would miss paaths sometimes when im busy i.e rehraas or nitnem..which i would then feel bad about

6)i do not know gurmukhi propally..infact its quite poor in reading and writing; speakings not bad

Any views on each point?? (please straight forward answers, in bullet points if u have to)

Thank u bros and sisters!

1) Obviously if you work early etc, you can work around this

2) Music is fine.. as long as its not hatred inspired etc.  Just get in habit of asking Waheguru to help you writing your music

3) Eggs are fine as per SRM

4) start by adopting them one at a time so its not all at once.  Start with stopping cutting keh, then add a kara, then a few weeks later add kachera, then start carrying a kanga, etc.  Leave kirpan for till just before you take Amrit. Carry a small light one especially at first with a narrow gatra so you wont even notice it under your shirt.

5) Waheguru Ji knows our intent, so if you miss some nitnems I am sure you will be forgiven.  Myself I have to listen to MP3 version or youtube ones a lot - and that too WHILE I get ready for work as I already work VERY VERY early in the AM.  Key is the intent... missing a nitnem bani is not a bujjar kurehit that will nullify your Amrit.  Obviously on your days off etc make full attempts.

6) Same here... So I use iNitnem on my iPhone which displays Gurmukhi, Roman transliteration so I can see how to pronounce it, and also English translation all three at once!  It's awesome app!

Edited by Satkirin_Kaur

Waheguru Ji ka Khalsa Waheguru ji ki Fateh....
I just want discuss some below points with you,i need your reply on my below confusion.

1.Amritdhari can take only Food from Amritdhari only?
2.If i want to take Amrit is it mandatory for my wife to take Amrit?
3.Amritdhaari can share with Non-Amritdhaari?

Aviii jee, hope the below helps.

1. In ideal situation, an Amritdhari must only eat food prepared by an Amritdhari, but you should not be worried about that too much, if you are just a beginner in spirituality. Focus more on Naam Simran, Nitnaym, applying virtues in life, seva, avoiding sins, etc. Most likely, many Amritdharis eat from restaurants, including Hajuriye Singhs. Once you move higher in spirituality, you might reach a stage where you will start disliking food prepared by non-Sikhs at all. If you keep moving higher, you might reach a stage (Brahamgyan), where all types of food will taste like Amrit. Just self-analyze and see what works best for you. For example, if you feel a noticeable difference in your concentration while doing simran or you are having bad thoughts, by eating from outside, then definitely don't eat from there. That means your body is being sensitive to it. 

Also, you have to remember that food can be used as a medium to cast a spell on you. Therefore, try your best to eat at home or Gurudwaras. 

To be on the safe side, always do mool mantar da jaap before eating food, not prepared at home or a Gurudwara. You can do the jaap for home food too.

2. Please read the following excerpt:

If a married person takes Amrit by themselves and their spouse is not Amritdharee, then he/she can not have a physical relationship with them unless they too become Amritdharee. Just as a clean dish coming into contact with an unclean one also becomes dirty, the same is true for a married couple (where only one spouse is Amritdharee). A husband and wife should take Amrit together in order for them to maintain their Rehat. A married person does not have permission to take Amrit without their spouse, but if they insist upon taking Amrit they must abide by the above conditions.

Unquote[1]

[1] - Gurmat Rehat Maryada

3. You can share food, but don't eat jhoota of another person (including an Amritdhari) for hygienic and other purposes. One can share food with others, without eating jhoota of anyone.

Bhul chuk maaf

a) this tradition was started to avoid infiltration from mugals - positioning food of khalsa 

Bro, so this tradition wasn't present during earlier times (first master, second master, etc)? Most likely, eating food prepared by a Nigura (equivalent of a non-Amritdhari) was banned by earlier Satgurus too.

Bhul chuk maaf

Edited by paapiman

Never heard of it..please cite the source of this so that I can look into it further.

Bro, there is a sakhi of third master (before Gurgaddi), when a Sadhu stayed at his house. Sadhu was disappointed when he came to know that Satguru jee was Niguray and left the house.

Gurparsaad, will try to talk to a scholar about it.

Sucham has been given very high importance in Sikhism. It will be surprising, if earlier Sikhs were not strict on it.

Bhul chuk maaf