Lifes getting harder.

Because of 3/11 ppl i feel are losing there tolarace with ne man with a board or some how "Looks like a muslim". Jus 2day i sat in a train next to some guy and i dont really know what went through his mind, but he just moved from his sits? I kno why he did.

I am really getting sick of this prejudges, o go to north london all the time and i see jews nearly everytime, and they prejudge me as being a muslim, i have nothing against Jews. I swear I need to walk around with a sign!!!! :evil:

If in france sikhs are not allowed to wear Turbains, Sikhs will be walking around with hair all over the place, and ppl will turn around and say, "O, why dont you cut your hair!!!"

Theres noooooooo coverage of Sikhism in the media, explaning wot sikhi is, but instead ppl are walk around blind with ignorance.

I Feel lil better putting my feelings across.

hey !

i think at times it does seem like the whole world is against u, everywhere u turn it seems like there are ppl giving u condescending looks, etc

their ignorance of the subject n insensitivity can get even thr strongest of souls down,

BUT

iv found for all the negative ppl there always those that will appreciate u for what u r, n the beliefs u stand for,

jus recently, a random old muslimg guy comes into my office, (am an estate agent) n i ask him how i can help him, n he says, he doesnt want a thing, but jus wanted to talk to me n say how pleased he was seeing me, i was like :oops:

we talked about the present situation, n he talked about how seeing me n my appearance, how it gladdened him to see that not every1 around us is ditching their beliefs at a drop of a hat,

that guys thoughts n sentiments, will prob stay with me for a long time now,

hang in there star,

*HUG*

Rupz

I had a similar experience today, i walked onto the tube, and everyone kept staring at me and trying to get away from me- infact this woman pushed me - she was old so i couldnt exactly start doing martial arts maneuvers on her in the middle of the train!

maybe i had bad BO :roll: ?

or they thought i had C4 packed into my pug

Then i thought not everyone knows about sikhs! even in England

WE MUST ACT, IDEAS FORUM PLEASE.

While I agree that we should continue (even redouble) our efforts to tell the world who we are, let's not take on the victim mentality. We are supposed to be lions not sheep.

The last thing we should be AFRAID of is what people think of us or what they say about us. I mean common, are we going to be bothered by a bunch of words or people staring at us? :evil:

The last thing we should be AFRAID of is what people think of us or what they say about us. I mean common, are we going to be bothered by a bunch of words or people staring at us?

Commander its not FEAR the issue i was trying to get across, i was merely expressing how ignorant some people are of us.

I think the BBC has something about Sikhs of their site;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/people/f...s/sikhism.shtml

It would be good if they could do something for April 2004 !

Commander its not FEAR the issue i was trying to get across, i was merely expressing how ignorant some people are of us.

Sorry, my comments weren't specifically meant for you. As far as ignorance, you know the saying - Ignorance is bliss. I'm generally more annoyed than angry when idiots fail to recognize me as a Sikh.

These days it seems only the negative things are worth reporting. The media has no concept of honor or responsibility. Kaljug indeed.

im gonna do as much sewa as i can to promote the sikh faith/awareness in the media..with guru dhi kirpa it shall happen soon..but its better late than never!

keep ur eyes peeled!

p.s its a good time for us to wear bana! i.e five kakkars along with bana..maybe then thered be a distinction from muslims..any thoughts?

its a good time for us to wear bana! i.e five kakkars along with bana

I think to some extent we have to make an effort to respect the safety rules and regulations in the work place, for some places the Bana would not pass health and safety regulations(HSE) - ie Nuclear Power Plant, Steel Factory, the ARMy etc

what do you think Singh ?