Taking Amrit without your Spouse?

I found this really touching story on sikhnet..

Does anyone goin through same stuff?

Here is the orginal message

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I have been married 5 years have a couple of kids. When we got married I was not into Sikhi. Over the last year I have discovered myself and my goal in life. I have fallen in love with Sikhi and have found so much contentment. I want to give my head to the Guru and take Amrit.

The problem is my wife is not intereseted in taking Amrit, to be honest with you she's not really into Sikhi. Initially we began having a lot of marital problems as she felt she was loosing me to SIkhi and I was not the person she married 5 years ago. She married me as a mona and I have now taken the roop of a Sikh.

Over the year she has begun to understand why I want to commit to Sikhi. She knows that I have found peace and even says she is jealous that I seem to be content. However, she feels she can't let herself go. She's still attached to her ego and is worried about what the world might say. Our lifestyles have changed dramatically and she has been with me all the way. We gave up meat & alcohol & don't really associate ourselves much with the 'Khaan-Peen' world out there.

She's learnt alot more about Sikhi through seeing the changes in me. She was brought up with stereotypical ideas of GurSikhs as being fanatical and fundamentalists. Obviously these perceptions have now changed.

I want us to move on with our lives and take Amrit, but she has told me she's not interested and can't see herself ever taking it. I can't force her or emotionally blackmail her into having the same love I have. We are obviously different when it comes to this although we love each other deerly.

Most people have advised me not to take Amrit without my other half and wait when she is ready. But what do you do if your other half does not want to take Amrit???

Please discuss :D

Waheguru ji ka khalsa Waheguru ji ki fateh. Personally i feel that this veerji should take amrit and help guide his wife. he should take her to different retreats and such and show her that you can be into

Sikhi without being "fanatical". im sure as time goes on, she will begin to love Sikhi as much as he does. when she sees him doing his paat, hopefully she will join him and from there learn more about Sikhism. Waheguru ji ka khalsa Waheguru ji ki fateh

Can you keep a marital relationship if one member of the couple is Amritdahri? I mean the sharing of Jhoot etc... What happens in this case??

I am in the same situation and really wanna chak Amrit this year. AKJ, Tapoban & Taksal say you can't do it. Rara Sahib, Nanaksar & SGPC say you can do it.....

My parents say its OK, my friends say it's againts maryada ???

Can you keep a marital relationship if one member of the couple is Amritdahri? I mean the sharing of Jhoot etc... What happens in this case??

you can answer this.... how do you think babies are born?

regarding Jhoot, everything is Jhoot except Bani which is Sach. lose translation not to be taken to the extreme, i cant be asked to write a long post about it.