Rituals, Worshipping, Pilgrimages.

These 3 things for me have been undefined. At one point they all merge into each other and you can tell if it is a ritual or not, if its worshipping or not orr if going to Harmandir Sahib is called a Pilgrimage or not.

Perhaps for other it is simple to know the difference but it has always elluded me.

So Can we discuss what Act is known as a Ritual and Worshipping?

What is a Pilgrimage?

As we all know that Sikhi is against all 3 of these Acts.

Waheguru.

You know there is a Hari-mandir very near you.Closer than the heart beating in your chest.And there are pilgramages to be experienced within you.

Brings shivers up and down my spine, or should I say my Chakra... :LOL:

You know there is a Hari-mandir very near you.Closer than the heart beating in your chest.And there are pilgramages to be experienced within you.

Brings shivers up and down my spine, or should I say my Chakra... :LOL:

lol........i laugh because reading what u've written diminshed the questions from my mind...and put everything in its place. I laught at myself......... I read words and i've read them a thousand times from various books, yet i fail to experience the experience of this pilgrimage. I take upon this pilgrimage in the darkness within me surrounded by my own thoughts, the evils of myself are the one who hinder me. No one else is there, but myself..alone and yet i can't get thru my own self. I myself is the cause of my own demise. I feed more darkness where everything is engolfed within it....then suddenly a light in the distant awakens me from my deep slumber.....No sooner did it appear than the darkness simply dissappeared.....For a mere second all was known and all that is was bliss. for that second is the rememberence that i cannot foget...so i search even further within me and the deeper i go the harder and yet easier it become to tread the darkness for i am certain that this pilgrimage that i take within me will take me somewhere....where you might ask...that i don't know, who i might encounter at the end of this journey, i cannot explain, but i've heard, i've read and that is all i have to go on for now, but i have not yet experienced.............................

But in the form of religion these definitions need to be defined. Why were they created and what purpose they held. Where is the line drawn where a simple act becomes a ritual or a journey becomes a pilgrimage??

Let me ask you this veer, Is there any possibility of an action performed on the outside contains a gateway that leads you within?? Are they known as pilgrimages or rituals or worshipping? Is Seva not known to spark this? It certainly makes you Humble and Humility is a transformation that happens on the inside? So are Pilgrimages another type of actions that transform you within??

:?: I just need to define them and for one to say Pilgrimages are not worth doing, Perhaps he is right in this day and age they bear no meaning as the mind has evolved to a different stage and that medicine is no longer curing the ill. But they were once created and they once opened a door within you. They were meant to make you humble or cause a transformation i suppose. But then again that is why im asking these questions because i need to define what a they are.

The Journey within is the Greatest Pilgrimage one could take upon, and blessed be those who who take upon this journey and only the destined few every reach there.

Waheguru

Let me ask you this veer, Is there any possibility of an action performed on the outside contains a gateway that leads you within?? Are they known as pilgrimages or rituals or worshipping? Is Seva not known to spark this? It certainly makes you Humble and Humility is a transformation that happens on the inside? So are Pilgrimages another type of actions that transform you within??

Well,I'm not qualified to answer your questions.But maybe it's about experiencing the outer sign within you, and the inner sign on the outside.Sort of like a continous loop of outer actions and inner reflection?

They say there is a luminosity to be experienced within you and another to be experienced around you.And that it is good to experience this - it is the initial stage.To experience both luminosity within and outside at same time is nice too.

Maybe there is no inner and outer.What do I know?