meaning of 'jaapai' anyone?

i'm assuming u mean from 'kach pakai othai paee, nanak gaeaa jaapai jai' ? that's the only line i can think of.

i always assumed that in that context it meant sort of 'to know'/'to realise'/'to find out' ... that makes sense... perhaps coming from the same sanskriti root as 'jaannaa' 'to know' (as opposed to 'jaanaa' 'to go' - because 'gaeaa' is there to mean that)

but i could be completely wrong. :?

i just searched it on sikhitothemax & got:

The ripe and the unripe, the good and the bad, shall there be judged.

O Nanak, when you go home, you will see this. ||34||

which seems to agree with what i was saying... but then that might not be a good thing, considering the source!

ok be interesting to find out... also, could u check how 'bujai' or 'bujahee' is different from jaanae & jaapai. (i'm assuming it's more to do with the realisation or 'learning' of something rather than knowing it)

also, i'm not sure how well 'possible understanding' would fit into 'kach pakai othai paee, nanak gaeaa jaapai jaee'.

the more i think about it the more confused i get! :?

sorted, I've looked up shackle and mahankosh

Yes, not too different to what we were getting at; according to shackle it's 'to be known, to become known or to appear', which explains gavai ko jaapai disai door (as 'appears'), this 'appears' also fits pauri 34 you quoted.

6-1

6-2

To me of course. Compassion forced me to allow a couple of games, let the opponent walk off the court with a little dignity and masculinity in an otherwise one-way trouncing...

if only henman was more of a singh, less a hugh grant...'it's match point to me...oh..erm agh...I mean...yes.. urm..agh..I'm rubbish really...oops' until he stops thinking english he'll never win anything. He needs that dumb opportunistic arrogance of your average sikhi camp organiser if he's to get anywhere in tennis.

6-1

6-2

To me of course.

of course

He needs that dumb opportunistic arrogance of your average sikhi camp organiser if he's to get anywhere in tennis.

oooooo... is that a cheap shot at me? :P :P

found a tennis mate finally :wink:

n3o likes u... run jt, run!! ;)