pic of guru hargobind singh ji

Guest Javanmard

I really don't know why people persist in considering these Sobha SIngh types of pictures to be Sikh art?!?!??!?!?!?!

It's not as we did not have quality art but it seems people just prefer the tasteless propaganda posters rather than the refined miniatures of puratan SIkh artists such this one depicting Guru Hargobind Ji! check the link: http://www.exoticindiaart.com/product/HY17/

Guest Javanmard

1. My remarks were not aimed at cybersingh but to the painter

2. If you are an artist pyar is not enough! Technique and skill are essential!!

One day I wanted to make a surprise for my mother by cooking her a cake. Unfortunately the cake was burnt and the kitchen was a mess! As you can imagine my mother was far from being happy and I got the slap of my life!!! I told my mother that I did it out of pyaar and she said: Well burnt cake is burnt cake! No matter how much pyaar you put in a burnt cake it will always taste like burnt cake!!! There are other ways to show me pyaar!!! If you don't know how to do things don't do them: it will frustrate me and you and we surely don't want that, do we?

I have improved my cooking skills since and now that am able to cook a variety of dishes I can spoil the people I love by offering them well prepared dishes made with love! I certainly would not think of offering burnt food to my guests and ask them to still eat it as I made it out of "pyaar".

If you really have "pyaar" then you should improve your skills and only then offer Maharaj your seva because he gave you a brain and hands not just a heart!!!!

pyar nal

shaka nyorai

If you are going to take on the monumental task of depicting any of the Gurus then you have a responsibility to be at least historically acurate. THese cartoon style images can be quite confusing especially to youngsters who quickly see the inherent problems in these sorts of pictures.

I am sure that if anyone were to write a biography of a Guru and simply fill the book with hearsay, fantasy, myth, allagorical stories and historical innacuracies then we would all be horrified and we woudl condemn such a work. We should use that same set of rules when approaching these depicitons of our Gurus

THese cartoon style images can be quite confusing especially to youngsters who quickly see the inherent problems in these sorts of pictures.

I really fail to see how the above picture is cartoon style. Please enlighten us. Whats in the picture that seems soo carton to you....describe fully!

Thanks in advance :)

I really don't know why people persist in considering these Sobha SIngh types of pictures to be Sikh art?!?!??!?!?!?!

It's not as we did not have quality art but it seems people just prefer the tasteless propaganda posters rather than the refined miniatures of puratan SIkh artists such this one depicting Guru Hargobind Ji! check the link: http://www.exoticindiaart.com/product/HY17/

Any one notice Guru Sahib being depicted with body pericings ie earings, or am I just seeing things?

And both pictures are eqaully cartoony so what difference does it make?