The New Infidelity: Wives Who Want More

Guest Maha_Pavitar

aight now. keep ur chili sauce away from my ulcerified stomach. no really. their little examples seem to say that infidelity is equivalent to love. i really dun get it. i think mebbe i AM seeing things.

but one thing i really don't like is how they virtually ignore the pain that infidelity causes. they seem to address it, but it's not as big of an issue for them as the fact that women are enjoying their unfaithful lives. i dun get it...

Guest Maha_Pavitar

exactly sister..that is what disturbed me too. It almost felt as if they were saying all this stress, unattentive husbands, children it's inevitable for these women to find other men..it's like they want you to fell sorrow for them.

i don't think i could feel sorrow for anyone who couldn't restrain themselves and cause pain to others for a bit of self-gratification. it seems to me that marriage seems to have lost that "sacred" quality that it used to have. for most people marriage seemed to be something more important than a silly affair. granted that it's hard to get over temptation and whatnot, but wouldn't you think that one's marriage and significant other's feelings are worth the effort?

Guest Maha_Pavitar

They certainly are worth the effort and I applaud the 60% of husbands who made their relationships work in light of their wife's infidelity. I just feel sorrow that our society has accepted infidelity (of men and women) as 'normal'.

There was this one story about a woman who would never have sexual relationships with anyone except her husband, but would flirt and kiss other men.

There are many other things one can do if they are unhappy with their relationship or stressed out, I sense a lot of weakness in people who have to stoop to such lows..I too didn't like the tone of the study, it was all too 'supporting', but at least there is some sort of awareness now..Not only are husbands cheating but now wives too and it's much different than how men cheat..

i think that men and women have most likely cheated in their marriages throughout history. the only thing that's changed is that some people are a little more open about it... well, they're either more open about their lives or they're a little less ashamed of having done something so despicable...

you know how the article says that women (and also men, i think) cheat because they can, or they're bored, or they're neglected? well, i still don't understand how that could rationalize them actually cheating.

if you have the opportunity to cheat on your hubby/wife, why would you do so when you could be the better person by not giving in to your temptation?

if you're bored with your sex life, then why can't you buy a book and try some new positions? why not speak up and communicate with your spouse rather than just go looking elsewhere for some lame-ass who'll give you a great 5 minute ride?

if you're neglected, then why not speak up rather than suffer in silence? after all, you and your partner are equals in the relationship and both of you should look out for each other's interests.

in the end, i just don't understand how people can stand by and ruin their relationships. trust and love are such precious things. how could anyone be so cruel as to break the heart of the person they make such important promises to?

What are you people whining about. An affair or two is no biggy for them.

Of course this is reeinforced by their societies value system. Has anybody noticed, most Hollywood movies portray infidelities as some sort of romantic interlude and it's always the husbands fault. What a joke.

I've seen my share of infidelities in my office so believe me when I say this, that article is pretty accurate.

is it just me or does this article seem to glorify infidelity?

I get the same feeling.

Guest Sardar Moderator Singh

Jamuka and all others, PLEASE refrain from such degrading generalisations (re: Most western women are real whores), there are plenty of other forums where they are welcome, not here -thank you.

Any further statements of such nature will be dealt with more severely.

Sardar Moderator Singh ji, my intention isn't to portray Western women as whores or anything like that. i was commenting on anyone and everyone including men, who cheat on their spouses. it doesn't matter who does it, it's wrong and i have a problem with the article that, to Jamuka, Maha_Pavitar, and myself, seems to glorify women cheating on their husbands. i didn't mean to offend neone with those comments... if i did, i sincerely apologize. :(

who cares? people have been cheating for centuries. this sort of thing is gonna happen and it happens all over the world. If u haven't visited punjab lately perhaps u shud check out what the local vilage boys and girls get up to b4 passing judgements such as 'most western women are whores'.

Also jamuka before u edited ur post u asked who is in a relationship and doesn't think about other people in a sexual way. i think every1 does, its human nature to find others attractive even though they maybe in a stable relationship, its not that big a deal.

infidelity isn't something to be proud of, but it happens, don't see why people are making that big a deal of it.

infidelity is something that happens regularly.

isn't that something to be ashamed of in itself?

it's not about finding other people attractive, it's about having enough strength to be able to overcome your initial attraction in lieu of the fact that you're married.

Dear moderator, I apologize for my comments. Sorry dude.

Also jamuka before u edited ur post u asked who is in a relationship and doesn't think about other people in a sexual way.

Which proves my contention that there is NO such thing 'true love' ala Hindi movie style. It is the figment of man's imagination. All this moronic talk about meeting 'the right person' is pure bull. Anybody here agree with me?

Guest Maha_Pavitar

Infidelity is not a big deal?? I'm afraid I don't understand that statement..how can you cheat on your spouse? How can you even think about another when you proclaim your love to someone?

Guroo Tegh Bahadur Jee even guided us that to think of others in our dreams is adultery. I have to disagree Jamuka, I believe true love..'the right person' does exist.. Otherwise why would unions be referred as one soul in two bodies? Love is a truly spiritual experience..

Hindi Movie style love is not love..just entertainment..

True love can exist but it doesn't necessarily mean if u think of other people it is void. The right person doesn't mean it is purely a sexual thing, the right person is a combo of attractiveness, ability to talk to, feel comfortable with, love, care about, etc etc . . .

also maha pavitar i think it would be virtually impossible to not think of others, eg: ex girlfriends. if anyone can manage that then i have bare respect for them because they must be on some next level! i think it must be very difficult to be in a long term relationship and never think of others. If anyone can HONESTLY say they don't then respect, ur a better person than most.

what i mean is that infidelity isn't that big an issue to warrant so many people here making a fuss about it. it happens all over the world, simple as. Why is every1 here banging on about how they can't figure out why people cheat on their husbands/wifes? its obvious why and in that sense i don't think it is a big enough issue to warrant having a massive debate about. i don't mean that it is a minor issue to cheat on ur spouse, but reading through my previous posts i can see why people may think i trivialize the actual issue of infidelity. i guess my command of the english language isn't as great as i would wish.