Dreaming of death...

Gabbar

Sat Sri Akal Jee,

Jsut wanted to know or find out, if you dream you are dying or about to die or had a near-death experience.... in ur dreams.... do you reckon this means anything? Does it mean your time is up? Is there any significance in this? If there any psycological experts out there who would care to enlighten me, that would be great thanks.

p.s. dont worry if its bad news, i can take it, i hope!

Thanks

don't give too much credit to your futureseeing ability. Dreams are just a clumination of the thoughts, sometimes random from your Un-Concious, and Sub-Concious.

If you can remember the dream let it be a great excercise for you to contemplate on Death. Let it be an experince that futher progress you into spirituality. Let it be an experience that lets you see the truth of life and death.

I had a dream i got married, does that mean im going to get married. Most likely..god willing. You had a dream that you are going to die, are you not going to die?? Sooner or later it is meant to be.

Pheena,

I used to have the same opinions on dreams but now I think differently. Of course dreams do have a way of processing out information that you accumulated during the day BUT there are also dreams which are the subconcious' way of trying to bring forth some important messages.

There are some good dream interpretation books:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-h...7652906-7939827

Pheena,

I used to have the same opinions on dreams but now I think differently. Of course dreams do have a way of processing out information that you accumulated during the day BUT there are also dreams which are the subconcious' way of trying to bring forth some important messages.

There are some good dream interpretation books:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-h...7652906-7939827

I agree with what you have to say, but on the same note, how sensitive are we to recoganize the 'certain' dream(s) that are bringing forth important messages. I think the average seeker is oblivious to such message and carries on his search. Those that have raised their awareness and sharpened their sensativity to their surrounding are 'more' likely to recoganize the messages that are provided in dreams. I completly agree that dreams do hold much important insight to our true self, for when we dream we have put down our concious defenses and are the slave of our Un and Sub-Concious mind.

btw your link doesn't seem to work bro.

hmm...I hope this link works:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-h...ream%20analysis

Its funny because during all of last week I kept on running into tv shows and web articles telling me to pay attention to my dreams, maybe this is my higher self's way of telling me something. I'm a total newbie when it comes to dream interpretation but I had already made plans of setting aside a tape recorder right beside my bed so I can narrate my dream before I fall back asleep and forget it.

They say you only need bits and pieces of your dream and gradually you will start to see the patten. There is so much to learn!

Yeah, true.

I think there is still a lot of research to be done regarding dreams. After all, scientists are still trying to work out how the brain functions physically, let alone mentally. Big area i reckon.

Does it mention anywhere in the Guru Granth Sahib about dreams? Or any analogies that may have been possibly used maybe?

• 1 month later...

Gabbar, i've had many dreams of myself dying and actually die. but that's not necessarily what it means in real life. dun worry, ur time's not up... yet... here's a lil "dream interpretation" on things related to dying in dreams...

Die

To dream that you die in your dream, symbolizes inner changes, transformation, self-discovery and positive development that is happening within you or in your life. Although such a dreams may bring about feelings of fear and anxiety, it is no cause for alarm and is often considered a positive symbol. Dreams of experiencing your own death usually means that big changes are ahead for you. You are moving on to new beginnings and leaving the past behind. These changes does not necessarily imply a negative turn of events. Metaphorically, dying can be seen as an end or a termination to your old ways and habits. So, dying does not always mean a physical death, but an ending of something.

On a negative note, to dream that you die may represent involvement in deeply painful relationships or unhealthy, destructive behaviors. You may feeling depressed or feel strangled by a situation or person in your waking life. Perhaps your mind is preoccupied with someone who is terminally ill or dying. Alternatively, you may be trying to get out of some obligation, responsibility or other situation.

To see someone dying in your dream, signifies that your feelings for that person are dead or that a significant change/loss is occurring in your relationship with that person. Alternatively, you may want to repress that aspect of yourself that is represented by the dying person.

Sat Sri Akal Jee,

Jsut wanted to know or find out, if you dream you are dying or about to die or had a near-death experience.... in ur dreams.... do you reckon this means anything? Does it mean your time is up? Is there any significance in this? If there any psycological experts out there who would care to enlighten me, that would be great thanks.

p.s. dont worry if its bad news, i can take it, i hope!

Thanks

hmmmm actually i had a dream like that once cept my cousin killed me....it was kinda freaky...but anyway i told my thiyee ji and she told me that it just means that i will live a long life...if that helps any

Dreams are the subtle conciousness being magnified into an illusion of some sort and in this magnification process there is distortion, a hell of a lot of distortion, from the normal conciousness hence events of the day will be mixed with the subtle concious and create a funky mixture of funk. This is a dream.

Interpritation of a dream is hence difficult as you wont know which is the underlying subtle concious influence (more likely to become true) or what is just part of the distortion. For example a dream about death,

Is death the influence of the subtle conciousness? and everything else around that is part of the distortion or is death itself the distortion of a feeling of lets say being alone, or being cold, or the fact that its dark and the distortion has taken the darkness to be seen as an eternal darkness which would easily be linked in the brain as death and hence you see death as part of the dream.

lol, for this reason unless you can tune into the subtle conciousness it will be impossible to know what is true and what is a distoriton and the origin of that distortion.

tha's very true. if neone else here is doin psyc, they can vouch for me when i say that the time u have the most dreams is during REM sleep, in which ur mind is thinkin at the same rate as it would if u were awake.

but the most important thing to remember bout dreams is that there's no way to really say anything concrete about them since they're so personal and take place in a place that neither science nor other people can access...

havin said that, the lil interpretation bit i put up is what is seen as a common interpretation as it relates to many people based on Jungian and partially Freudian theory...