Share your Tabla gharana!

Guest SAdmin

Guest SAdmin

So, who you learned from? How many hours you spend on practice?

I had two teachers. One was Sikh Teacher who was “Raju Ustad†and another one was Pundit Bimal Kumar Bhattacharya who was student of Sri Tapan Kumar Banerjee and was doing his PHD in Agricultural Physics.

I’m mix of Benaras Gharana and Bengal Gharana. But these days I do not practice so my tabla skills are almost gone.

If you can do that bro, it would be much beneficial to everyone seeking to learn the Tabla. I would be willing to Host the Videos if you can record them.

You can Start with the BAsic Sound you can make with the Tabla and the names of each and write few basic methods of Tuning the Tabla

Then you can simply play simple tune which would be easy to follow for everyone.

That would be a good start... i think... :)

Guest SAdmin

yea i wudnt mind, bt how wud we start?

It's same as if you're teaching someone sitting next to you. We need to start with beginner level and then record intermediate and advance tutorials. But it is easy to start with basic hand style and how to keep their fingers to right side and left side.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...