Seven Phase of Divine Knowledge...!

its in the ram avatar section of Dasam Granth, i dont know what page it is but try to search on www.sridasam.org .. Guru Maharaj says that by listening to the eternal stories of Ram Chander in the ramayana one will be transported to heavens.. it starts with Ram katha jug jug athal.

why he would encourage it.. maybe because warriors can learn from history in what to do in certain situations.

• 1 year later...

I was just listening to sant baba isher singh ji divan where above seven stages of spirituality were explained. Sant maharaj ji said, after 4th stage or so, this jev is jevan mukht and last turiya avastha is bhramgyan avastha. I used to think either one is jaigaso or bhramgyani no middle ground. When you listen to katha on these seven stages, there are subtle differences in avastha eg- sant also have different avastha, not all sants/sadhus are bhramgyanis or pooran sant but all bhramgyanis are sant/sadhus in their previous stages. Gurbani also talks about these subtle differences where - jin sas gras na visraie tuk it declares an distinction between sant and pooran sant, by using vaak- pooran sant.

Any thoughts on this?

ummmm, I wouldn't say different school of thoughts but would say different/simplified way of making jaigaso understand spiritual stages. I think when we notice the tat for both stages- 4 or sat bhumika is same- turiya at the end which aligns with Gurmat.