Seven Phase of Divine Knowledge...!

Seven Phase of Divine Knowledge.

1. Good Wish- I am abide by the wishes of the great person. Should I ask him how ignorance is removed such a feeling is known as Good Wish.

2. Good Consideration: To adopt good qualities after having throught over his word and to renounce demerits.

3. Tanun Mansa: To Turn thoughts and instincts into subtle form through meditation and penances and remove Haume, ego.

4. Satvapati: To have gained knowledge about the soul to consider the world untrue, non living and house of pain. To Treat all visible like a dream and feel non-existing.

5. Asanshkit: As human while in "sukhupati" is insight the Sun of Bliss having no sensations for outer pleasure or pain. All doubts and apprehensions removed imaging about conduct over goes above the daily needs of food, drink, hunger, thrists and the quality of happiness and sorrow.

6. Padarth- Bhami- God is not separate from me. He recognises his roots orginal source. Forgets about body needs and actions whether or not you get food gets immaterial and he is content without eating any thing. No ripple in the realm of desire transcedents worldly behaviours are disciplines.

7. Turia Avastha (satvi bhumika/7th realm)- God is visible everywhere looks upon himself distinct and orginal to deeper spiritual knowledege. This is seventh phase of knowledge called Turia. Knowner of the Divine Being is always imbued with his own soul the pure being and lives in him.

"Gursikh is wise inside but innocent outside. Always attentive to Guru's word and listens to no other word. He visions true Guru but is deaf and dumb without congreagation and enjoys lovely cup of God's name in silence. He touchs the feet of holy men, humble like feet dust takes a dip in water sanstified with the feet, like a mumblee bee, loves god's lotus feet, lives in distinctly in the ocean of world. He is such a liberated alive and wears cloak of truth."

• 3 years later...

for deeper katha about this one can listen to baba kartaar singh's katha - sant kaa marag dharm ki pauri, or gyani takhur singhs japji sahib katha from pauri - ik du jeebou lakh hovahi... to sachkhand vasai nirankaar, these 7 avasthas come within the antreev arths. I would reccomend listening to baba kartaar singh's katha on sant kaa marag.

this is actually termed the sapt bhumikaa and its from the yog vasistha granth which is very ancient, was very popular in punjab alongwith panchdashi by swami vidyaranya. Its 'padarth bhaavanii' rather than bhami although this maybe a colloquial description. Baba Attar Singh Mastuanewale used to read Yog Vasistha, Baba Bir Singh Ji Naurangabad used to have its recital daily, Sevapanthis were BIG fans of it and again had its daily recitation and exegesis, and there is even mention of a 'nanakpanthi' being the source of a sakhi from it in Mohsin's 17th century summary of samprdayas in india in the Dabistan. there used to be quite a lot of punjabi renditions of it floating around. I've seen one, and since yog vasistha is huge, it is also a massive manuscript. Being so early it leans closer to drishtsrishtvad than later vedanta.

Silence, perhaps you should investigate Baba Gurbachan Singh Ji Khalsa's reading list as well as many other vidvaans like Sant Attar Singh Ji, Baba Nand Singh Ji, Baba Ishar Singh Ji etc, before outlawing other sources of important knowledge that aid understanding and explanation of Gurmat.

Silence, perhaps you should investigate Baba Gurbachan Singh Ji Khalsa's reading list as well as many other vidvaans like Sant Attar Singh Ji, Baba Nand Singh Ji, Baba Ishar Singh Ji etc, before outlawing other sources of important knowledge that aid understanding and explanation of Gurmat.

Yeah, I think that reading of other ancient Granths is important for better understanding of Gurmat. In my opinion Bhagawat Gita is a such a peice which should be read and studied.

While I respect guroo ji de beloved mahapursh, they are not my guru, and with his kirpa at the end of the day it is Guru Ji who I am following, not his other students. Guru Ji alone knows why other of his sikhs/gurmukhs are doing certain things, as it is Guru Ji's bhana. Guru Ji has told me that I don't need anyone but him, and infact going anywhere else will be detrimental to my spiritual journey. and funnily (ironically) enough, the mahapursh's that Guru Sahib has blessed me with having contact with have said the same.

Guru Ji isn't a granth, Guru Ji is sitting right there for you to beg for help from, Guru Ji is there to give you anything you want, but you wana go and get thakke following kachi bani.

Guru Sahib is pooran guru and ALIVE, he knows exactly what you do and don't understand, and can explain to you any knowledge you can possibly think of and more in an instant, rather than spending a life time studying granths!

IT IS AN INSULT TO GURU JI TO GO ANYWHERE OTHER THAN HIM OR HIS SANGAT FOR YOUR SPIRITUAL PROGRESSION, WHAT IS IT THAT GURU SAHIB CAN'T GIVE YOU?

it's fine to study granths of other dharms, in fact Gurbani encourages study of the Vedas, but you are right that we do not need to. I don't think that any of the mahapursh mentioned above would say that you need to study granths of other dharms. However, being lovers of knowledge they do realise that reading granths of other dharms makes them better pracharaks as it enables them to explain a concept from different angles and to make comparisons in their teachings. Also, people from other dharms go to mahapurkhs for guidance, this way they can guide people from those dharms in line with teachings of Guru Nanak Sahib - teach a hindu to be a better hindu, mulsim to be a better muslim etc.

IT IS AN INSULT TO GURU JI TO GO ANYWHERE OTHER THAN HIM OR HIS SANGAT FOR YOUR SPIRITUAL PROGRESSION, WHAT IS IT THAT GURU SAHIB CAN'T GIVE YOU?

weird how guru sahib sent bhai gurdas to kashi to study 'hindu texts', not to mention the 5singhs sent there during guru gobind singh jis time

learn your history

weird how guru sahib sent bhai gurdas to kashi to study 'hindu texts', not to mention the 5singhs sent there during guru gobind singh jis time

learn your history

Didn't they go to Kashi to learn Sanskrit? correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think they went to Kashi for some spiritual guidence.

In my meagre understanding, Sacha Paatshah took away the God monopoly from the Brahmans and gave the vidya back (amde it accesible)to the common people of Hindustan. tSingh can obvioulsy add/correct here, but through learning and teaching snaatan dharma to the common people using Gurmat - the Udasin and Nirmalai played a vital role in spreading Sikhi and recruiting many new Singhs ultimately leading them to acceptng Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji as their complete Guru.

Neanderthal attitudes like Silences are the reason that Sikhi is now restricted to Punjabi's and Sikhs and is not flourishing amongst Hindu, Muslim groups like it used to.

Also Silence does not consider the fact that many references are made to previous avataar, terminology from both Islamic and Hindu dharma is used etc, one needs to study to learn the meanings of these words and the context in which they are used in Gurbani - this is the reason why parchaarak are needed and why parchaarak spend so many years learning before they themselves become teachers.

Xylitol ji, the reason for studying shaastra is not exactly as you have it - to improve prachaar or to explain to hindus. Sant-sadhus have more respect for vidya than that, and usually lack an 'us and them' attitude toward it because it is the conceptual bedrock of gurmat - atma, parmatma, gyan-agyan, parmarth, trehguna, maya, ishvar, karn-kaaran, panchikaran, bhava-ras, nav prakaar bhakti (kirtan-seva-simran), dharma, shabad-braham, omkaar, panchtattva, mahabhut, tanmatra, antahkaran, jagrati-svapna-sushupati-turiya, treh-lok, etc, etc.

Xylitol ji, the reason for studying shaastra is not exactly as you have it - to improve prachaar or to explain to hindus. Sant-sadhus have more respect for vidya than that, and usually lack an 'us and them' attitude toward it because it is the conceptual bedrock of gurmat - atma, parmatma, gyan-agyan, parmarth, trehguna, maya, ishvar, karn-kaaran, panchikaran, bhava-ras, nav prakaar bhakti (kirtan-seva-simran), dharma, shabad-braham, omkaar, panchtattva, mahabhut, tanmatra, antahkaran, jagrati-svapna-sushupati-turiya, treh-lok, etc, etc.

Do you mind going into greater depth for us on all the reasons why parcharaks study the granths of other dharms, especially those of Indian religions?

Guru Gobind Singh encourages the reading of Ramayana in the Ram katha jug jug athal verse, and in Sarbloh Bani it mentions the Khalsa listening to the teachings of the Bhagavad Gita. personally i have gained a lot deeper knowledge on gurmat by reading various "hindu scriptures" or whatever you wanna call it