For N30 - Sikh Royalty

Freed

In a different post N30 S!NGH has said that some people say Sikhi lacks royalty

http://sikhawareness.com/sikhawareness/viewtopic.php?t=7016

Nothing could be further from the truth - look at the size of these Rocks !

The house of Patiala descends from Phul- who was given a blessing from Guru Har Rai (I need to check though I could be wrong) - and they are Sidhu-Brars - the only Clan mentioned by Guru Gobind Singh in his bani - in The Zafarnama " hama kaum berar hukum maraasat" - the Brar Clan are under my orders. The Patiala motto 'Tera Ghar Mera Asay' - your house is my refuge - comes from a Hukumnama sent by Guru Gobind Singh to Patiala requesting their presence in the Battles against the Hill Rajas - This hand written Hukumnama - With Guru Gobind Singh's Nisan / signature , can still be seen at Patiala - it is addressed to Ram and Tilokha - dated 2 August 1696.

Their kingdom is a gift from Guru Sahib.

Plus we must remember we are all Sardars Sardarnis - Royalty - A gift from Guru Sahib .

This picture Of Bhupinder Singh - Maharaja of Patiala - is the Vandyk portrait 1911 from the National Portrait Gallery London - it shows him wearing his Cartier diamonds

pat47rt.png

This Picture of Yadvinder Singh- Maharaja of Patiala-in 1941 shows him wearing a dazzling array of jewels including a diamond tiara , Empress Eugenie's diamond necklace and the fabulous De Beers diamond necklace - the yellow diamond at 234.5 carats remains one of the largest polished diamonds in the world.

pat59ka.png

yadvindras8wo.jpg

This is the Kapurthala Kalgi - the central emerald weighed 177.40 carats

kaptiara9zr.png

And last but not least - The original BazuBand in which Maharaja Ranjit Singh wore the Koh-i-noor diamond - unfortunately now set with a paste replica

kohinoor2bv.png

* All pictures taken from - Maharajas' Jewels - Katherine Prior John Adamson - Assouline - 2000

ENJOY !!

Some years ago I was approached by the family of a Stella Mudge. She was an east-end dancing girl who cought the eye of M Parmajeet Singh - the then heir to the Kapurthala Royal family. Mudge married Pamrjeet as his second (or possibly third) wife much to the amusement of the Punjabi peasantry who called her Rani Mudge ! They stayed variously in London, Kapurthala, Dekhi and Paris. She shunned her own family and lived a secluded life when Parmajeet dies in the 1950s (I think). Mudge herself dired in England, still in seclusion, in the 1990s and her family swarmed onto her home to look for the famous Kapurthala jewels that she was reported to have been given by her husband - they found nothing but a aset of keys to safety deposit boxes but no clue whatsopever as to where the bank account was. The family was desperate to find out where the bank / deposit boxes could be and were working hard to trace any route they could to her life as a maharani. As far as I know they are still looking

aman

More pictures from amandeep veer ji..thanks for the email.

Rooftop shot from the Qila Mubarack Patiala

009PAN12Anew.jpg

Unknown French style building on the outskirts of Kapurthala now almost derelict and dangerous inside

Unknown%20French%20style%20building%20Kapurthalanew.jpg

From one of the crumblig turrents of teh Qila Mubarack Patiala

desktopversionnew.jpg

Alcove seat in the Shish Mahal, Qila Mubarack Patiala

File0011new.jpg

Iside the Durbar Room of the Kapurthala Palace now used as the offices of the General PO

Inside%20Durbar%20Room%20Kapurthala%204new.jpg

Outisde of the Law Courts Kapurthaal

Kap%20Palace%20GV%206new.jpg

All pics taken in Nov 2003

Aman

• 2 weeks later...

Some years ago I was approached by the family of a Stella Mudge. She was an east-end dancing girl who cought the eye of M Parmajeet Singh - the then heir to the Kapurthala Royal family. Mudge married Pamrjeet as his second (or possibly third) wife much to the amusement of the Punjabi peasantry who called her Rani Mudge ! They stayed variously in London, Kapurthala, Dekhi and Paris. She shunned her own family and lived a secluded life when Parmajeet dies in the 1950s (I think). Mudge herself dired in England, still in seclusion, in the 1990s and her family swarmed onto her home to look for the famous Kapurthala jewels that she was reported to have been given by her husband - they found nothing but a aset of keys to safety deposit boxes but no clue whatsopever as to where the bank account was. The family was desperate to find out where the bank / deposit boxes could be and were working hard to trace any route they could to her life as a maharani. As far as I know they are still looking

aman

There was a Kapurthala safety box in some French bank (I think in Paris). there was a court case to decide who could have it and the current head of the Kapurthala royals (I think Maharaja Sukhjit Singh) won the case. It was opened and found to contain gold watches and other jewels (I think £600K worth). I read this a while back but am unable to find the source for this currently.