Preservation of frescoes

I had the pleasure of meeting this man when I was in india, he was quite pricey when it came to portraits etc, he wanted 12-15000 rupees for a portrait.

It was maharaja ranjit singh's patronage that made this art of naqqash flourish, if what I recall him saying is right.

From whta I know of thos family they are the real deal. THeir personal family history and their contribution to Sikh arts is tremendous. In the 29th century as the Sikh abandoned their cultural traditions (music, architecture arts etc) the Danish's seemed to diversify into bazaar arts, but deep in their personal conciousness is the preservation of the arts of their forefathers

aman

the geeza may not be holding up a frescoe painting in that particular picture but look at the above respnses...

I've never had the pleasure of meeting this guy myself but OSINGH before the rave and rant begins look at what scholars like amandeep singh madra have posted. OK so he's not holding up a frescoe painting at that particular point in time u gonna condemn him for that after years of that family trying to restore sikh arts?

My typing is notoriously poor - yesterday this was compounded by trying to tap out the note (above) while my one-year old desperately tried to bash the keyboard and eat the mouse. here is what I wanted to say :

"From what I know of this family they are the real deal. Their personal family history and their contribution to Sikh arts is tremendous. In the 19th century as Sikhs abandoned their cultural traditions (music, architecture, arts etc) the Danish's seemed to diversify into bazaar arts (which is what Satpal Danish seems to be holding up). But deep in their personal conciousness is the preservation of the arts of their forefathers

It's a shame that the journalist and the photographer chose an image of the calander art rather than an image of an authentic 19th century fresco . . or maybe thats because they've all been torn down.

BTW a fresco is a painting made on a wall while the lime plaster is drying.

aman