Jis ke sir upar tu swami by Mohhamad rafi.

This has to be the single greatest peice of music ive ever heard, and coming from the mouth of indias greatest ever singer. simply breathtaking. If anyone hasnt heard it i suggest u do, but u probably have. If anyone has the lyrics and or english translation id be much obliged if u post it here. if anyone has any other good shabads etc such as mohhamad rafi's version of "mithar piare noo" which is equally as good, plz post them here.

Thank you.

My dad has these Shabad’s on record, they were so popular back in the day that there was a 3 week waiting list if you wanted one from the local shop.

soohee mehalaa 5 ||

jis kae sir oopar thoo(n) suaamee so dhukh kaisaa paavai ||

bol n jaanai maaeiaa madh maathaa maranaa cheeth n aavai ||1||

maerae raam raae thoo(n) sa(n)thaa kaa sa(n)th thaerae ||

thaerae saevak ko bho kishh naahee jam nehee aavai naerae ||1|| rehaao ||

jo thaerai ra(n)g raathae suaamee thinh kaa janam maran dhukh naasaa ||

thaeree bakhas n maettai koee sathigur kaa dhilaasaa ||2||

naam dhhiaaein sukh fal paaein aat(h) pehar aaraadhhehi ||

thaeree saran thaerai bharavaasai pa(n)ch dhusatt lai saadhhehi ||3||

giaan dhhiaan kishh karam n jaanaa saar n jaanaa thaeree ||

sabh thae vaddaa sathigur naanak jin kal raakhee maeree ||4||10||57||

Soohee, Fifth Mehl:

When You stand over our heads, O Lord and Master, how can we suffer in pain?

The mortal being does not know how to chant Your Name - he is intoxicated with the wine of Maya, and the thought of death does not even enter his mind. ||1||

O my Sovereign Lord, You belong to the Saints, and the Saints belong to You.

Your servant is not afraid of anything; the Messenger of Death cannot even approach him. ||1||Pause||

Those who are attuned to Your Love, O my Lord and Master, are released from the pains of birth and death.

No one can erase Your Blessings; the True Guru has given me this assurance. ||2||

Those who meditate on the Naam, the Name of the Lord, obtain the fruits of peace. Twenty-four hours a day, they worship and adore You.

In Your Sanctuary, with Your Support, they subdue the five villains. ||3||

I know nothing about wisdom, meditation and good deeds; I know nothing about Your excellence.

Guru Nanak is the greatest of all; He saved my honor in this Dark Age of Kali Yuga. ||4||10||57||

Link to Shabad

Mohammad Rafi sang 'Jis Ke Sir Oopar' for Sunil Datt in Punjabi movie 'Man Jeete Jag Jeet'. This movie is a great work.

He sang 'Mitar Pyaare Noo' in all time super hit movie 'Nanak Naam Jahaaz Hai'.

yep ur right. man jeete jag jeet, was filmed in jallandhar(my family's home town) and my uncle made a brief cameo in the scene where the dakus give themselves up to the authorities(incidently exactly when this song is playing)

The moments, during which the hero and his men surrender, are really memorable. 'Jis Ke Sir' is played exactly that time, when Sunil Datt and his men go to surrender on their horses.

There was another religious song 'Paapi Jeeorhiya, Bol Satnam', which was picturised in a great way. Funny Deol must watch this movie, before acting in any movie as a Sikh character. :D

The moments, during which the hero and his men surrender, are really memorable. 'Jis Ke Sir' is played exactly that time, when Sunil Datt and his men go to surrender on their horses.

There was another religious song 'Paapi Jeeorhiya, Bol Satnam', which was picturised in a great way. Funny Deol must watch this movie, before acting in any movie as a Sikh character. :D

i love it when they shove their guns into the ground.

p.s. ive never heard sunny deol reffered to as funny before. imo, his heart was in the right place he just offended some people along the way. he was good in gadar, and bhagat singh aswell.