hi..

since young i was told we don't eat beef..i accepted that..neither was i tempted to try or ask why not??

now i'm a 20 year old girl wanting to know my religion...why don't we??

is it written in Guru Granth Sahib Ji...or is there history to the reason behind why we don't eat beef..what i want is proof ...i dont know if me questioning everything is wrong...but i want to know..

theres nothing wrong with questioning anything - all it shows is that you want to know, and its what we need from young people these days.

theres basically 2 points of view, some people say you can eat meat, some say you shouldnt. Of the people who do eat meat, they may not eat beef out of cultural respect.

I personally think that eating meat is not conducive to spiritual growth, and that it is a hindrance.

You'll fast find out that Sikhi is not just a set of rules, its a way of life that leads to God, and the discipline behind following a set of rules will help you along. for example, an athlete needs to train and eat healthy food in order to be competitive, the discipline behind his/her diet and training is their 'dharam', in the same way, the things that Sikhi say to do or not to do are simply what is and what is not conducive to union with God