Bairaag Shatak Granth by raja parthari

Raja parthar wrote 100 shaloks in book called - Bairaag shatak. This book is full of bairaag after reading this and contemplating on it ones becomes fully bairaag/tyaagi.

Where can i get this book? also is this granth in sanskrit? is there anyway i can get gurmukhi version of this bairaag shatak granth?

Please help..thanks in advance :D

thanks for your response bro :)..

i was just wondering because in japji sahib audio katha by gyani thakur singh ji patiala wale damdami taksal (student of sant kartar singh ji bhindranwale) mentioned that granth has 100 shaloks ..full of bairaag.

'All about devi devta'...doesn't sound too much like Vairag Shatakam! Perhaps you read something else. This is in sanskrit, and after salutations to Shiv Maharaj, focuses on a set of teachings about the nature of existence and vairag through example and metaphor.

It has been translated into Punjabi by Pandit Narayan Singh (and someone else I forget). It has also been drawn upon for Pandit Gulab Singh Nirmala's 'Bhavrasamrit', an 18th century text I have translated, being published and available soon.

Bhratrahari (Bharthari) written 100 salokas on Vairaag. This collection is called 'Vairagya Shatak'. He also wrote 200 other salokas. All these 300 slokas are available in a single volume.

I have quoted Bhratrahari in one of my Punjabi articles in 'Rahatnama Bhai Chaupa Singh - Ik Adhiyain'. :)

These salokas are in pure Sanskrit. These are translated into Braj too.

Where can i get this book?

In my personal collection. :D

i know a history behind that comment he made on women..hehe..:LOL: :lol:

anyway, thanks a lot everyone to help me out in this thread.

amrit veer ji- bairaag shatak book you got in your personal collection , is it translated in punjabi or in braj?

tsingh veer ji: does all 100 shaloks from bairaagshatak granth also included in ""bhavrasamrit"?? if yes when i can get a glimpse of that granth in english?? pm me if its' too gupt :P

Nothing's gupt. It'll be out soon enough. I'll post an advert on here for it when it turns up in the post (Indian publishing).

I comment in the introduction on the link between the two texts. They hold a similar aim, draw on similar types of metaphor but have clear differences to the point that the two are distinct works. If anything, Bhavrasamrit is in fact an understanding of vairag from more a bhakti perspective, something the original doesn't address.