Enough Is Enough (issues With Gianees),

I sent an email to United Sikhs in hopes that they can provide a greater support for these Kaurs who have been victimized by these so called Gianees. But I need their help answering few questions that they asked.

I have modified their questions so they are more direct to those specific individual.

_-- ---------------------------------------------------------_

If I may request some information from you, as this

information is not generally displayed in the posts:

1) Where are these specific Gurudwaras that these

incidents are occuring. If not, would you be able to

provide the provinces/states and countries that this

is occuring in?

2) Do you know of someone else who has been a victimized by the same Gianee at the same Gurudwara?

3) What have you done in response to this problem

aka. reporting to the police, telling parents, etc.

4) Have you ever met success with approaching

any people/organizations/committees which have

assisted in the situation?

Please Please it is now that you must step forward and Help make some change. We need your Help to stop this from happening again and again to our fellow sisters.

If you do not wish give the info here for everyone to see, then Please email me at Gurinderjit82@hotmail.com ( which I suggest you do )

If you know someone who has been victimized then please respond and email me the Answers above to the questions they have asked, so i can provide a more thorough response and they can have a better idea of what they must do from there.

Here are the emails in their entirety:

Sat Sri Akal

My beloved Gursikhs, I have an urgent request that requires direction and assistant and I hope you are able to provide it. I am not completely sure as to what this organization's exact purpose, but i hope you can point me in the right direction.

I’m a frequent visitor and poster (Pheena) on the SikhSangat.net discussion forum and over the last 3-4 months there have been increasingly number of posts that consist of a rather disturbing nature. In the links below, these Kaurs have brought up something which is a serious problem within the Sikh Community. They have been molested and/or harrased by their local Gianis. I'm not sure if that word should even be used to call them. I only bring this to your attention hoping that you have enough resources to tackle such sickening crimes that have been committed. All I hope for is that you are able to provide a channel for these young women where they can call for help and guidance from a Law standpoint and possibly how to go about the importance of standing against such crimes. If such a connection is already in place then by all means direct me towards it. Perhaps even a webpage on how to deal with such things. I by no means am trying to impose that you guys do all the work, but I am in need of direction. Whatever assistance I can offer I will.

In all of these posts these innocent girls have expressed similar fear of community backlash as these so called Gianis are very much respected in the communities.

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?showtopic=18499

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?showto...8&hl=Gianis

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?showto...2&hl=gianis

These are just the recent examples and I'm sure there exist further cases where the victim has not come forward. Some might consider this a non-issue as not very many open cases exist. But I cannot help but think that it is the Indian mentality of brushing aside such heinous crimes for the sake of disrespect brought to the family from those who blindly follow such sick individuals. I see this something that must be brought forward to the whole Sikh Community.

If for some reason you are unable to provide some assistance then please I am open to any kind of suggestion as to where to start and who to contact.

Eagerly awaiting your reply.

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji ke Fateh.

Gurinderjit Singh

THEIR RESPONSE

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Sorry for the delayed response Gurinderjit Singh

Sahib. My name is Manvinder Singh and I am a

representative of UNITED SIKHS.

If I may request some information from you, as this

information is not generally displayed in the posts:

1) If you know the specific Gurudwaras that these

incidents are occuring. If not, would you be able to

provide the provinces/states and countries that this

is occuring in?

2) Are the majority of these problems centered in a

certain Gurudwara or Gurudwaras, or is the problem

being reported in a broad geography.

3) What has been done in response to the problems

aka. reporting to the police, telling parents, etc.

4) Have the Kaurs ever met success with approaching

any people/organizations/committees which have

assisted in the situation?

In the meanwhile, I will try to see what resources

exist within the community to deal with this

intolerable issue.

Manvinder Singh

UNITED SIKHS

I think its important to give details. Even without names, approximate dates of events and locations are very important. This could help identify the most dangerous areas and appropriate steps can be considered from that point onwards.

One thing is for sure, something needs to be done. We have the drive but not the direction. If any organisation is willing to take steps to resolve this then more power to them.

I would personally urge anyone who has experienced a problem like this, or anyone who personally knows someone who has to come forward and give some kind of information on the email address provided.

These people are getting away with it to do the same again and again. it has to stop.