Namdharis

Guest BikramjitSingh

Does Sri Aad Granth Sahib belong to Sodhi Kul? If no then how do you justify this? Does ANY Guru belong to a Jaat?

What kind of question is that? There is a Guru Sahib Ji di Bir which has been authenticised by all of the Guru's during their lifetime. A certain Arora Sikh and his subsequent family was responsible for this, and this was what I heard from Baba Hari Singh Randhawa, a learned scholar as you may know.

If you doubt the the validity of the Gurbani, why do you bother singing it?

This sakhi is a singh sabha sakhi, not found in any historical literature written before the exile of Guru Ram Singh or creation of Singh Sabha. Just like how there was a 'sakhi' of Guru Teghbahadur Sahib 'blessing' the Sikhs with 'topiwala Sikhs' (The British) that was fabricated by the Singh Sabhias of the time. This can still be found in the works of Mcaullife.

You take everything Mcaullife says as the truth? Yet you doubt the Gurbani, that's amusing.

To be honest, I don't think I have anymore questions, I have found the answer already. However, thankyou for your time.

Gurfateh

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BikramjitSingh

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Gurpreet Kaur,

Fateh Bulai Parvaan Karni.

Does Sri Aad Granth Sahib belong to Sodhi Kul? If no then how do you justify this? Does ANY Guru belong to a Jaat?

I think Gurpreet Kaur has answered this comment adequately.

This sakhi is a singh sabha sakhi, not found in any historical literature written before the exile of Guru Ram Singh or creation of Singh Sabha. Just like how there was a 'sakhi' of Guru Teghbahadur Sahib 'blessing' the Sikhs with 'topiwala Sikhs' (The British) that was fabricated by the Singh Sabhias of the time. This can still be found in the works of Mcaullife.

As far as I am aware this Sakhi is pre-Singh Sabha days. It is either in the Mehma Parkash or Bansavalinama Dasan Patishahian Ka or Twarikh Guru Khalsa. The first two certainly preceed Baba Ram Singh by over 100 years or so. The last one was published 10 years after the Baba Ram singh's exile.

I will check which one contains the sakhi .

Gurfateh

Bikramjit