Is Naam given to us by Birth right?

Some people say that you can get Naam from the 5 Beloved. But when we were in our mothers wombs we were doing Naam Jaap. Guru Ji says that this is why we're born to worship him through Naam and that being in this human form, we should'nt miss out in this opportunity. Guru Nanak Dev Ji preached to the world to not to forget the Creator.

Is Naam really given to us by the 5 Beloved ones or is it our birth right?

everybody (all persons in Human form) in mother's womb promised to GOD that we will at-least devote 2.5 hours everyday in remembering GOD.......doing Waheguru Waheguru........or doing path........... remembering GOD is NOT our right, it is our duty for which GOD has given us this Human form.............and what we took from Panj Paras is Amrit with which we are coming under the category of Guruwale and our GURU is is Guru Granth Sahib Ji.......even we all Sikhs (Amritwale and Non-Amritwale) consider Guru Granth Sahib Ji as our Guru, but one needs to do this offically through Amrit taken from Panj Paras and then following the Rehit...........in previous times Guru people become Guruwale by Charan Phul...............and IT IS important to be a Guruwala.........because Guru Nanak Dev Ji says:

Let no man in the world live in delusion. Without a Guru none can cross over to the other shore.

Without becoming Guruwale if we do path for 2.5 hours or with every breath, we may secure another Human form birth (instead of going to charase lakh joon), but we will NOT be able to go merge with HIM................GOD will give us another chance to be Guruwale and merge with HIM by giving us another human birth (if we have accumulated enough good deeds).

das

everybody (all persons in Human form) in mother's womb promised to GOD that we will at-least devote 2.5 hours everyday in remembering GOD.......doing Waheguru Waheguru........or doing path........... remembering GOD is NOT our right, it is our duty for which GOD has given us this Human form.............and what we took from Panj Paras is Amrit with which we are coming under the category of Guruwale and our GURU is is Guru Granth Sahib Ji.......even we all Sikhs (Amritwale and Non-Amritwale) consider Guru Granth Sahib Ji as our Guru, but one needs to do this offically through Amrit taken from Panj Paras and then following the Rehit...........in previous times Guru people become Guruwale by Charan Phul...............and IT IS important to be a Guruwala.........because Guru Nanak Dev Ji says:

Let no man in the world live in delusion. Without a Guru none can cross over to the other shore.

Without becoming Guruwale if we do path for 2.5 hours or with every breath, we may secure another Human form birth (instead of going to charase lakh joon), but we will NOT be able to go merge with HIM................GOD will give us another chance to be Guruwale and merge with HIM by giving us another human birth (if we have accumulated enough good deeds).

das

But Guru Granth Sahib is universal, isnt it? All the bhagats that are in Guru Granth Sahib have got mukti, who was their Guru? Im sorry if im asking too much questions, I think sikhi is much deeper than Sikhs theses days manage to think of it as. If anything im still a fool.

What I meant by the question was, is Naam given to us since our human birth so that we're able to Naam Jaap?

das is NOT saying that in order to merge with GOD, one should be a Sikh and have to take Amrit.........no, all religions leads to same ONE GOD.........it's another thing that we manmukh always say our religion is better and mukti can be attained only by people in our religion...........in order to merge with GOD, one must have a Guru (who has already merged with One GOD)..............the one who is still is deep ocean, cannot help someone to reach the shore.............and one should follow GURU's advice to reach Waheguru.............

Waheguru Naam Jahaj/Ship ha, whosoever boards it reaches the shore AND GURU is the caption who is driving this ship and the caption/GURRU knows where and how to reach shore......without GURU this ship will NOT be able to touch shores.......

GUR BIN GYAN NA HOVE

Guru Nanak Dev has written that:

and there is no question to think that one would be able to swim across this sansar samundar without GURU.........we cannot question gurbani, but yes we can request Paramatma to give us the wisdom.

yes, I think that Naam is given to us Before we took First human form (first time GOD sent us to this earth), but till now we have NOT done NAAM Bhagati and still living it as in Human form.......if we have followed it, then we would have been living with One GOD as HIS part............and thanks to GOD that HE has Again given us the opportunity to merge into HIM.........the only reason we are here is to remember GOD.

Yes, Sikhi is very deep, persons like me would NOT be able to understand it fully.........thing is Sikhi is very-very deep and are we here to prove Sikhi is deep? we are here to do bhagati and get rid of 84 Lakh jonian ........... there is a airplane which has very complex parts, and this airplane is going to take us to another part..........we know that it (airplane with complex parts) will reach to another corner, but if we are lost in the seeing the complexity of how this machine made of iron fly?, and thinking that one of my friend has flown to another corner using this machine...........and thinking that we will also be able to do so........then we are wrong, we judged the complexity of airplane, but forgot that this complexity is made so that we can reach another destination .........we still need to take a step forward and board that plane and once we are on board, we will know that Now we will be there.....

If this nemana has comprehend your question wrong, then I'm sorry........I'm not a scholar like you, I'm just writing what I learn till now.

das

If this nemana has comprehend your question wrong, then I'm sorry........I'm not a scholar like you, I'm just writing what I learn till now.

lol im no scholar, wish I had the chance though. I believe the word Guru means God himself, with his grace we understand and learn. And yeah I do believe that without Guru there is no understanding of his Hukam, theres no relationship with God without Guru. God and Guru are one and the same.

But I question things, not because I want to mock Guru Ji, I wouldnt even dream of it! But I question because I want a better understanding. Your always going to have people questioning, this is human nature. But you get some people who question for the sake of trying to make it something that you believe in false and to get you to follow their way. I question because I want a better understanding.

Even in Guru Ji's time people used to question him about his belief's but the people that did, understod.

I believe the people that dont allow questioning, they dont know for themselves in the first place. People theses days seem to believe that questioning is wrong and the person questioning are instanly put into the bad books.

Thanks for helping me out.

everthing will merge into GOD...........it's just the matter of time, some persons merges into GOD earlier, and others are late.................but merging with GOD is not as simple as said.............one needs to have very good deeds and must have GURU.....

Heavens are NOT the final phase...........heaven is just a phase where one spends good time (length of stay depends upon the person's deeds) as a reward of his/her good deeds.............it is NOT for permanent...........even the king of Heaven (Indra) is not permanent.......he wants to come to earth so that he can meditate on GOD and can merge with GOD....................in this universe, only Humans can work towards to merge with GOD........

for more information regarding the heavens and other realms: http://www.sikhawareness.com/sikhawareness...opic.php?t=9025

The realm of Shiva, the realms of Brahma and Indra as well - no place anywhere is permanent. (Guru Arjun dev ji)

Some people say that you can get Naam from the 5 Beloved. But when we were in our mothers wombs we were doing Naam Jaap. Guru Ji says that this is why we're born to worship him through Naam and that being in this human form, we should'nt miss out in this opportunity. Guru Nanak Dev Ji preached to the world to not to forget the Creator.

Is Naam really given to us by the 5 Beloved ones or is it our birth right?

I dont think its approriate to say we get naam from panj pyares, since its been used for years, thats why we have conditioned to used that term- naam. In essence, we get shabad from panj pyares to awaken that naam(resonance/dhuni) in our surat which bind us all(universe). Right now our surat staying in kalyug-hence kalyugi jiv, when jiv starts doing shabad abhyas, shabad will infuse jiv's surat in it and take the surati of this jiv to upper mandala(realms).

As sukhmani sahib says :

Nau Nidh Amrit Prab ka Naam, Dehi mein eska bisram ||

Bij Mantar Sarb Ko Gian ||

This whole creation came from naam (Resosance) and will merge back in the resosance,

Pirthame On(g)kar So Dhun Poran Jagat Mae Raha ||

Fist ongkar was recited and that resosance created world and give nourishment to this world. (Siri Guru Gobind Singh Ji, Dasam Granth Sahib)

Ongkar aad kathni anad, Khal Khand Khyal Gurbar Akaal ||

Ongkar Bhrama Utpat ||

bhrama(creator) came from ongkar resosance.

Ongkar Kiya Jin Chit ||

Then bhrama did bhagti on ongkar for thousands of years. After that Nirgun asked him, what do you want? Bhram asked god to give him powers to create the world.

Ongkar Saiyel Jug Paie ||

Ongkar Vaid Nirvaie ||

Guru Nanak Dev Ji said, with ongkar - Nirgun transcedents it's attributes into sargun

I dont think its approriate to say we get naam from panj pyares, since its been used for years, thats why we have conditioned to used that term- naam. In essence, we get shabad from panj pyares to awaken that naam(resonance/dhuni) in our surat which bind us all(universe). Right now our surat staying in kalyug-hence kalyugi jiv, when jiv starts doing shabad abhyas, shabad will infuse jiv's surat in it and take the surati of this jiv to upper mandala(realms).

As sukhmani sahib says :

Nau Nidh Amrit Prab ka Naam, Dehi mein eska bisram ||

Bij Mantar Sarb Ko Gian ||

This whole creation came from naam (Resosance) and will merge back in the resosance,

Pirthame On(g)kar So Dhun Poran Jagat Mae Raha ||

Fist ongkar was recited and that resosance created world and give nourishment to this world. (Siri Guru Gobind Singh Ji, Dasam Granth Sahib)

Ongkar aad kathni anad, Khal Khand Khyal Gurbar Akaal ||

Ongkar Bhrama Utpat ||

bhrama(creator) came from ongkar resosance.

Ongkar Kiya Jin Chit ||

Then bhrama did bhagti on ongkar for thousands of years. After that Nirgun asked him, what do you want? Bhram asked god to give him powers to create the world.

Ongkar Saiyel Jug Paie ||

Ongkar Vaid Nirvaie ||

Guru Nanak Dev Ji said, with ongkar - Nirgun transcedents it's attributes into sargun

This is what I also felt. But great reply! Really cleared things up for me. :)