Yuvraj Singh On Om Run

kdsingh80

http://epaper.hindustantimes.com/PUBLICATIONS/HT/HD/2011/03/23/ArticleHtmls/YUVI-ON-AN-OM-RUN-23032011101006.shtml?Mode=1

It’s not just his great performance at the ongoing World Cup that’s charming Yuvraj Singh’s fans. The 29-year-old cricketer’s newfound lucky charm, a gold and diamond pendant with the Hindu religious symbol, Om, has turned hot stuff on the streets.

“I’m getting a lot of orders for Om pendants

similar to Yuvraj’s,” says

Apeksha Jain, a Chandni Chowk-based jewellery designer. Tarang Arora from Amrapali says, “Many customers have come up asking for the ‘Yuvraj pendant’. I guess he wears it because ‘Om’ is one of the few words which gives you a feeling of peace and Indianness.”

The accessory is the new ‘it’ thing on campus. “Three of my pals are sporting Om pendants after they saw Yuvi wear it,” says Nitin Singh, 21.

The diamond-studded pendant costs around Rs 60-70,000 in gold, but many jewellers are selling cheaper versions in silver with other gemstones.

Word has it that the cricketer is wearing the pendant to ensure his dream run in the game. “The charm, gifted to Yuvi by Mumbai-based jewellery designer Bina Goenka, is turning out to be lucky for him. It also suits him as he is a religious, ‘temple-going’ boy at heart,” says his manager, Kedhar Gawde.

Jewellery designer Alpana Gujral says, “The pendant that Yuvraj Singh sports is definitely an auspicious thing. Such pendants are also used as a meditative tool for concentration, and the best part is that Yuvraj is also setting an example for the younger generation so that they start believing in spirituality.”

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Yuvi-on-an-Om-run/Article1-676317.aspx

In real life he is an idiot with inferiority complex wearing OM sign yet born in sikh family

Yeah, we need more people like these guys.......

I agree with what you are are implying but lets be honest, both extremes are bad...one idiot wearing huge khanda without practicing sikhi.. other idiot wearing OM while being born to sikh family without practicing Hinduism or officially converting, there is old saying for those types- Dhubbi da kutta na ghar ka na ghat ka.

Yeah, we need more people like these guys.......

These Punjabi songs are watched by few Sikhs and other Punjabi's while cricket is just like universal Religion of South Asia.No one in India belive that YUvraj is a Sikh ,wearing an om symbol just confirm their faith.Today I was watching Yuvraj's father interview and he was referring words like "khuda" "allah" and it was looking like some Pakistani is speaking,similarly famous cricketer of past Bishen singh bedi use word like "inshallah we will win.What is wrong with Sikhs? They never say waheguru once on television but will use all other names of god

In real life he is an idiot with inferiority complex wearing OM sign yet born in sikh family but in cricket world, he did the outstanding job beating Australia today.

Today yuvi became man of the match 3rd or 4th time in this world cup.He is bowling better than bhajji and batting better than tendulkar

Today I was watching Yuvraj's father interview and he was referring words like "khuda" "allah" and it was looking like some Pakistani is speaking,similarly famous cricketer of past Bishen singh bedi use word like "inshallah we will win.What is wrong with Sikhs? They never say waheguru once on television but will use all other names of god

I think PJS's posted Jaap Sahib steeks are getting to me. I've been reading God is ਅਨਾਮ (without name) so many times in the last few days, that I think I've stopped caring what people call Waheguru.

I think PJS's posted Jaap Sahib steeks are getting to me. I've been reading God is ਅਨਾਮ (without name) so many times in the last few days, that I think I've stopped caring what people call Waheguru.

This is not spiritual issue but a worldly issue .If successful sikhs will use Allah ,bhagwan on tv then people will think that they are either part of islam or hinduism and after that common sikhs feel offended when people associate Sikhism with Hinduism or islam

Anyway I hope one day you will not say that all paths lead to god so we don't need political base of our Religion in world.

Anyway I hope one day you will not say that all paths lead to god so we don't need political base of our Religion in world.

lol!!

I don't think I'm going there however one really interesting notion I'm getting from reading Pandit Narain and Sahib Singh's steeks is of God being ਅਧਰਮ (adharam) or beyond religion.

But that's for another thread.

• 2 weeks later...

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Harbhajan-attributes-success-to-sant-meets-him/articleshow/7871258.cms

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/yuvis-special-person-saints-at-fatehgarh-sahib-gurdwaras/771186/

Edited by Jogi

Still does not explain why he is wearing big om sign on his neck. Look i get it..i get it at bhramgyan level it's all same at the end of day- om or ong same shabad resonance just an nasal sound difference but on a social/panthic level it bugs the hell out of me.

It bugs me too, why couldn't he wear a Khanda or Ik Onkar? Maybe because nobody gifted that to him?

But I have never seen him even talk about Sikhism before let alone promote it, and he has been dating Hindu chicks all along so I am not sure if he even wants to associate himself with Sikhism :mellow: .

yuvraj singh is followerr of Nirmala Dera sant Ajit

singh

Yuvraj to visit guru, played with 'blessed' bats

Chandigarh, IANS

http://www.hindustantimes.com/specials/cricket/world-cup-2011/Yuvraj-to-visit-guru-played-with-blessed-bats/cricketnews/SP-Article10-681084.aspx

April 04, 2011

First Published: 13:50 IST(4/4/2011)

Last Updated: 13:54 IST(4/4/2011)Share

more...

1 Comment

Email print

Yuvraj Singh: With three man-of-the-match awards, 284 runs/94.66 average (one......

more photos »

It turns out that Yuvraj Singh had played the World Cup matches with bats blessed by his guru in Punjab and the star cricketer will not forget to pay obeisance to the man, Sant Ajit Singh Hansaliwala, after his spectacular performance that got him the Player of the Tournament

award. Yuvraj, w

ho won

the accolade after India defeated Sri Lanka Saturday, will visit Sant Ajit Singh, head of the Nirmal dera, who is based in Hansali village in Fatehgarh Sahib district.

"We have full belief in the principles of guruji and Yuvraj also follows him very religiously. Yuvraj's spectacular performance in the World Cup is the result of guruji's blessings and I am sure my son will continue his good show in the upcoming season of IPL (Indian Premier League)," Yuvraj's mother Shabnam Singh told IANS.

Shabnam had gone to Fatehgarh Sahib to pay obeisance before Sant Ajit Singh Sunday evening, a day after India won the match.

"We will go again to the guruji's dera to pay obeisance once Yuvraj comes to Chandigarh," she said.

She had earlier gone to the guru with four bats, and it was these that Yuvraj used right from the India-Australia quarterfinal onwards, Shabnam said. All the bats were blessed by the guru, she said.

A source said Yuvraj himself had gone to meet his guru March 29, one day before the crucial India-Pakistan semifinal in neighbouring Mohali town.

The family is now elated. Yuvraj too had mentioned the name of his guru at the post-match presentation after India won the final against Sri Lanka Saturday.

Talking about Yuvraj's plans of marriage, Shabnam said, "He will certainly marry once he finds the right girl."

Villagers of Hansali village are also very excited that the star cricketer will be coming.

"Earlier Yuvraj's mother had come here with four bats to pray. Yuvraj had also come. We are very happy that our village has come into limelight because of this," a villager said on phone.

Some villagers claimed that off-spinner Harbhajan Singh was also an ardent follower of the same guru and his mother Avtar Kaur had visited the dera Friday, one day before the final match.

more from this section

South Africa-born Wagner takes 5 wickets in 1 over