Balwant Singh Rajoana Hanging Date Set.

chatanga1

Balwant Singh Rajoana, a convict in the former Punjab chief minister Beant Singh’s assassination case, who had requested a court to fix the date for his execution, will be hanged in Patiala central jail at 9am on March 31. This would be the first execution of a convict in the state in 24 years.

Chandigarh additional sessions judge Shalini Nagpal on Sunday issued orders for the implementation of the death warrants against the Babbar Khalsa activist.

The order for carrying out the death sentence was issued on the request of Rajoana, who did not challenge his conviction.

As a trial relating to recovery of RDX is pending against Rajoana, Patiala jail authorities wrote to DGP jails, seeking clarification on whether a death warrant can be carried out when a case is under judicial process against a convict.Rajoana is presently lodged in Patiala central jail.

http://www.hindustan...le1-824963.aspx

Would members on this forum, accpet Balwant Singh as a Shaheed of Guru Khalsa Panth?

Is it not his expressed desire to be executed?

If so why is this so. Could it be that he really wants to attain shahadat or is he just exasperated from the lack of support from the Guru Khalsa Panth over the last 17 odd years since he was convicted; and so has just given up on the people of Panjab?

What would be the repercussions of his execution? Would there be a real sea tide change in PB or the Panth OR would the 1st of April be just another normal day with nothing more than a few front page reports in India?

I'm not usually into SIkh/Pb/Indian politics, so dont really know about things until there is wall to wall coverage in our media; as is in this case. Thereon it has taken 17 years for this type of media coverage to take place for this person. So IMO I dont think this people are really too bothered and will very soon forget it all within a few days or weeks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

One thing that is confusing me are these letters that are periodically being sent out by Rajoana.

Knowing that his case is politically volatile and has agitated the people in Pb and knowing what 'power/influence' he wields.

Why is the govt allowing him to write letters to the outside world? Normally anyone on death row is kept virtually in isolation, yet he is apparently mixing in with other convicts, sending messages outside and even able to make media interviews (unless those are old clips being shown). Also physically he has put on a lot of weight whilst inside and looks very healthy.

Somehow these are not things I expect from the Indian judicial/prison system. Maybe I've just got it all wrong and they do look after their prisoners?!

Some would say that they can smell a macchi.

What's your theory? How does the GOI benefit in allowing one Sikh to unite the whole Panth? To motivate a whole new (and old) generation into sikhi and positive political activity? To create an intelligent generation who will continue to uncover the rubbish treatment of Sikhs and Punjab since India's azaadi, to request justice for historical and continuing attrocities against Sikhs...?

What would be strange, is if after years of allowing open communication with his sister and a few other 'aware' individuals (as they saw him as harmless), if they all of a sudden removed opportunity for contact, especially with every single Sikh inhabited country and human rights organisations eyes watching them.

It is very simple. Bhai Balwant Singh is a true Khalsa warrior. His bhagti has removed his fear of death, has made him politically astute and has given him the wisdom to desire to perform an act that he knows (through ithihaasik sabooth) will reinvigorate the Panth.

His actions are words have initiated many projects and forms of seva around the world, and I am sure they will continue to do so.

The Panth needs to give rise to more 'Mard' like Bhai Balwant Singh, and his actions and the attitude of his family will hopefuly inspire more mothers to raise yodhai like him.

I agree with you there.

I'm questioning the way the GOI or Indan prison system seems to be working regarding rajoana.

You say it would be starnge if they stopped all his communications now to the outside world, I would say that is normal for a regime holding a political prisoner. As soon as they find that they cant control the flow of information or popularity dont you think they would try to silence him by transferring him from gaol to gaol (like they did with many men in Pb) or placing him incommunicado?

To me the actions of the govt just seem too liberal or PC. Even too observant of his Human Rights!

• 1 year later...

One thing that is confusing me are these letters that are periodically being sent out by Rajoana.

Knowing that his case is politically volatile and has agitated the people in Pb and knowing what 'power/influence' he wields.

Why is the govt allowing him to write letters to the outside world? Normally anyone on death row is kept virtually in isolation, yet he is apparently mixing in with other convicts, sending messages outside and even able to make media interviews (unless those are old clips being shown). Also physically he has put on a lot of weight whilst inside and looks very healthy.

Somehow these are not things I expect from the Indian judicial/prison system. Maybe I've just got it all wrong and they do look after their prisoners?!

Some would say that they can smell a macchi.

if your implying what it looks like your implying go kill yourself

On India's independence Winston Churchill stated that for 30 years they will progress and become stronger after that it will become a land where foreign business profit. Today this is the case and people like Swami Ramdev openly state this. A Hindu nation which has English as its official language. Ramdev has been explaining about how foreign companies profit from India and the wealth leaves India. India itself has created little business of its own.

Militarily India is also very weak If you look at India it is completely weak surrounding neighbours such as China Russia Pakistan Iran and Afganistan are all battle hardened rough nations. India and its elite are all interested only in wealth they have no ability to run a government, they are corrupt and its people are sick to death of them. India is subservient to foreign countries and policy. . India is the most diverse country but the government has no ability to unite and respect all of its different cultures. It has oppresesed Muslims in Gujarat where BJP demolished the ancient Mosque in Ayodhya. It has aggravated the Naxalites and the Sikhs to name a few.

With the unfair hanging of Rajoana the blood of a saint doing 17 years+ bhagti in jail. The government will ultimately sow the seeds of its own downfall. I do hope all of Punjab attends the execution and protest whilst our leaders and clergy telephone Congress for their next instructions.

Edited by PAL 07