Sign of a Prostitute

paapiman

Who is the mother, who is one's father and son and what is the pleasure of dailying with one's wife.who is one's brother friend, well wisher and relation and of what avail is the love of the family.Who is wealth, the embodiment of restlessness, which leaves man, before his very eyes.The meditation of the Illustrious Lord alone remains with man, with which he is blessed through the saints, the sons of the Imperishable God, O Nanak.

22 hours ago, Rock said:

Guru Ji says " worthless is also the love of making merry with one's wife and sons " if they make you forget God,

Similarly a spouse who is deeply spiritual connection with you, can be your best ally for reaching God as you help each other on the path. 

Husband and wife become one soul in two bodies.  If they are on the same path together towards Waheguru, its a very beautiful thing.  Texts like the above seem to try to assert that women in general are not trustworthy. Paapiman is one on here who seems to keep posting these things which suggest women are negative. That highlighted part above, starts out saying prostitute but very quickly switches to say 'women'.  I find this very offensive to the female gender.  Anyway I just noticed the Ohm symbol, so it must be a Hindu text.  And laws of Manu do say women are obstacle to men's spirituality. Luckily we are not Hindu and do not follow laws of Manu. 

Men are also lustful.  This gives understanding of Charitars as well.

Guru Ji says "The lustful, lecherous man desires many women, and he never stops peeking into the homes of others.Day after day, he commits adultery again and again, and then he regrets his actions; he wastes away in misery and greed. ||3||"     Ang 672.

Kaamavanth Kaamee Bahu Naaree Par Grih Joh N Chookai ||Dhin Prath Karai Karai Pashhuthaapai Sog Lobh Mehi Sookai ||3||

ਕਾਮਵੰਤ ਕਾਮੀ ਬਹੁ ਨਾਰੀ ਪਰ ਗ੍ਰਿਹ ਜੋਹ ਨ ਚੂਕੈ ॥ਦਿਨ ਪ੍ਰਤਿ ਕਰੈ ਕਰੈ ਪਛੁਤਾਪੈ ਸੋਗ ਲੋਭ ਮਹਿ ਸੂਕੈ ॥੩॥

ਕਾਮਵੰਤ ਹੋ ਕਰ ਕਾਮ ਵਾ ਇਸਤ੍ਰੀਆਂ ਅਨੇਕੋਂ ਸਾਥ ਸਪਰਸ ਕਰਤਾ ਹੈ, ਤਾਂ ਵੀ ਪਰਾਏ ਘਰ ਅਰਥਾਤ ਪਰ ਇਸਤ੍ਰੀਓਂ ਕਾ (ਜੋਹ) ਦੇਖਣਾ ਇਸ ਸੇ ਨਹੀਂ (ਚੂਕੈ) ਹਟਤਾ ਹੈ॥ਇਹ ਜੀਵ ਦਿਨ ਦਿਨ ਪ੍ਰਤੀ ਭੋਗੋਂ ਕੋ ਭੋਗ ਕਰ ਕਰ ਕੇ ਪਸਚਾਤਾਪ ਕਰਤਾ ਹੈ ਔਰ ਲੋਭ ਮੋਹਿ ਆਦੀ ਵਿਕਾਰੋਂ ਮੇਂ ਸੁਕਤਾ ਜਾਤਾ ਹੈ ਵਾ ਲੋਭ ਮੋਹ ਇਸ ਕੇ ਰਿਦੇ ਮੇਂ ਸੁੰਕਤੇ ਅਰਥਾਤ ਫੈਲ ਜਾਤੇ ਹੈਂ॥੩॥

Similarly a spouse who is deeply spiritual connection with you, can be your best ally for reaching God as you help each other on the path. 

That's the problem though isn't it. Evolutionarily speaking humans are much more likely to be self-serving than trying to help their partners in the above way. All manner of factors, life events and biology can effect behaviour day to day. Then, when you get discrepancies between how much one partner may be progressing over the other in this domain, it can cause more friction. 

To me it seems that religious/spiritual pursuits themselves seem mostly to be some form of pakaand for the vast majority, where overt practices are more about social needs, tribalism, or a need to inflate your ego over others by being some sort of yoda master. You rarely see that cutting self-reflective, honesty and critique it should engender. That's what leads to growth in my opinion. Instead, people bring their own baggage or ambitions into the mix - and many of the people most vocal about their 'spiritual power' strangely also seem to be the least perceptive about themselves. 

21 minutes ago, CdnSikhGirl said:

Husband and wife become one soul in two bodies.

ਏਕ ਜੋਤਿ ਹੈ ਸਤ ਚਿਤ ਆਨੰਦ ਰੂਪ ਔਰੁ ਦੋ ਮੂਰਤੀਆਂ ਹੈਂ ਜੀਵ ਈਸਰ, ਇਸਤ੍ਰੀ ਪਤੀ ਸੋ ਸਾਸਤ੍ਰੋਂ ਮੇਂ ਕਹਤੇ ਹੈਂ॥੩॥  

Also a deeper meaning is that One Jot is Sat Chit Ananda Saroop and two bodies are Jeev & Ishwar.

I do understand the love between husband & wife  but one thing I never understood is where does the love go when wife turns over 50 and the husband feels unsatisfied or frustrated because he cannot get his needs fulfilled. or even after 10 years the love between marriages fade away. Lust is a big part of man & woman love, I dont think it can be spiritual.

On 3/26/2016 at 9:49 PM, paapiman said:

Quote by Chanakya jee

Note - This might be useful in understanding some of the Charitars.

IMG_0325.JPG

Ref: Rule the World - The way I did

Bhul chuk maaf

Bro there is another story involving a prostitute which led to the great scholar-king Bharthari becoming a renunciate and writing the Vairagya Shatak. The story goes that Bharthari got hold of the fruit of immortality and gave it to his favourite queen. The queen was having an illicit relationship with Bharthari's servant and gave the fruit to him. The servant in turn gave it to a prostitute he used to frequent. The prostitute want to make amends for her lifestyle and decided to give the fruit to king Bharthari, who was like a father to his subjects. Bharthari upon receiving the fruit asked how the prostitute got it, she told him about the servant. Upon figuring out the queen's infidelity he was overcome with extreme Vairagya and ceded the throne to his brother Vikramaditya. Bharthari then became a disciple of Gorkhnath and also wrote the Vairagya Shatak. I've read that a translated version of the Vairagya Shatak was also taught in sampradayak Taksals of Sikhi.

I've heard a katha of Suraj Prakash where Sant Giani Inderjit Singh ji Raqbe wale say that the Bharthari mentioned on SGGSJM is the same as king Bharthari and he was given mukti by Guru Nanak Dev ji

35 minutes ago, Rock said:

ਏਕ ਜੋਤਿ ਹੈ ਸਤ ਚਿਤ ਆਨੰਦ ਰੂਪ ਔਰੁ ਦੋ ਮੂਰਤੀਆਂ ਹੈਂ ਜੀਵ ਈਸਰ, ਇਸਤ੍ਰੀ ਪਤੀ ਸੋ ਸਾਸਤ੍ਰੋਂ ਮੇਂ ਕਹਤੇ ਹੈਂ॥੩॥  

Also a deeper meaning is that One Jot is Sat Chit Ananda Saroop and two bodies are Jeev & Ishwar.

I do understand the love between husband & wife  but one thing I never understood is where does the love go when wife turns over 50 and the husband feels unsatisfied or frustrated because he cannot get his needs fulfilled. or even after 10 years the love between marriages fade away. Lust is a big part of man & woman love, I dont think it can be spiritual.

If you don't think it can be spiritual you have not met the right person. I can't even explain the connection I have with my husband.  It's on a level way beyond physical or emotional.  There is no lust. Both of us looked for a certain person inside, and never minded with looks at all. We spent several years getting to know each other and two trips to India without even touching each other prior to marriage.  We do nitnem together, our last thing before bed is kirtan sohila together.  We do kirtan together, we often discuss Gurbani.  Our marriage is basically built on spirituality and not lust at all. 

2 minutes ago, CdnSikhGirl said:

If you don't think it can be spiritual you have not met the right person. I can't even explain the connection I have with my husband.  It's on a level way beyond physical or emotional.  There is no lust. Both of us looked for a certain person inside, and never minded with looks at all. We spent several years getting to know each other and two trips to India without even touching each other prior to marriage.  We do nitnem together, our last thing before bed is kirtan sohila together.  We do kirtan together, we often discuss Gurbani.  Our marriage is basically built on spirituality and not lust at all. 

Darling don't jinx yourself. Give it at least 10 years, then we'll be impressed and your words will have more authority. 

Right now, it could be honeymoon period thinking: "No one has a relationship like ours - it's so special."

21 minutes ago, dalsingh101 said:

Darling don't jinx yourself. Give it at least 10 years, then we'll be impressed and your words will have more authority. 

Right now, it could be honeymoon period thinking: "No one has a relationship like ours - it's so special."

Mark my words, in 10 years I will post that nothing has changed... 

Just now, CdnSikhGirl said:

Mark my words, in 10 years I will post that nothing has changed... 

Are you serious!!!

I truly, hope and pray that is true. But before then, don't underestimate Waheguru's 'khel' for us all. 

52 minutes ago, Jatro said:

Bro there is another story involving a prostitute which led to the great scholar-king Bharthari becoming a renunciate and writing the Vairagya Shatak. The story goes that Bharthari got hold of the fruit of immortality and gave it to his favourite queen. The queen was having an illicit relationship with Bharthari's servant and gave the fruit to him. The servant in turn gave it to a prostitute he used to frequent. The prostitute want to make amends for her lifestyle and decided to give the fruit to king Bharthari, who was like a father to his subjects. Bharthari upon receiving the fruit asked how the prostitute got it, she told him about the servant. Upon figuring out the queen's infidelity he was overcome with extreme Vairagya and ceded the throne to his brother Vikramaditya. Bharthari then became a disciple of Gorkhnath and also wrote the Vairagya Shatak. I've read that a translated version of the Vairagya Shatak was also taught in sampradayak Taksals of Sikhi.

The above story is mentioned in Charitar no.209.

53 minutes ago, Jatro said:

I've heard a katha of Suraj Prakash where Sant Giani Inderjit Singh ji Raqbe wale say that the Bharthari mentioned on SGGSJM is the same as king Bharthari and he was given mukti by Guru Nanak Dev ji

Yes brother. It is the same Bharthari jee. He lived a very long life, as he had learned the yogic technique to augment his age. He also wrote a granth called Vairaag Shatak. Narad Muni jee had informed him about Maharaaj's physical prescence in Kaljug

Bhul chuk maaf

1 hour ago, CdnSikhGirl said:

Our marriage is basically built on spirituality and not lust at all. 

3 hours ago, CdnSikhGirl said:

Intimacy is a normal part of relationship between two people who love each other. 

@Rock Therein lies the difference.  Intimacy is NOT lust.  Lust is overindulgence, sexual desire which is out of control, craving. Normal relations between husband and wife are not lust.  Lust means to crave sex for physical pleasure only.  However there is a dimension to intimacy between husband and wife which is way beyond physical pleasure.  It touches all three, physical, emotional, spiritual all at once.  It's literally two people's energy merging.  There is a reason why Gurbani likens us merging back with creator to that of a bride / husband relationship. (husband lord / soul bride) because really the physical is illusion. Everything is energy. On a small scale you are experiencing merging of two entities into one, on that energy level.