A town 'dharma nagri' during Guru Nanak Sahibs time where people had children through Drishti Bhog. No physical intercourse

This further re emphasizes my point of Guru not indulging in physical intercourse to procreate. If normal people can do it through Drishti Bhog, it no big deal for Guru Parmeswar Himself.  

Also emphasizes the importance of jat.

Just came across this Sakhi by accident. 

And I don't think there is another scholar like Sant Jagjit Singh Ji . He is of great Naam Abhyaas Kamai, Brahmchari & makes food with own hands/Bibekdhari.

His knowledge about Sanskrit & other faiths is amazing . He is not like a regular Punjabi Kathavachak, thus holds immense credibility.

If it is very dharmic to not have sexual intercourse then surely Guru sahibs would have spoken at length about ਮੈਥਨ and its evils in Guru Granth Sahib. Just like how Kabir ji speaks about the adharmic nature of killing animals. Surely there must be some poems about how bad sexual intercourse is.

Can you show me where in Guru Granth Sahib, Guru Nanak Dev ji or any other Guru/Saint has said that "ਜਿਥੇ ਮੈਥਨ ਹੈ ਉੱਥੇ ਝੂਠ ਹੈ"? that sexual intercourse is bad?

On 7/18/2016 at 1:19 PM, BhagatSingh said:

If it is very dharmic to not have sexual intercourse then surely Guru sahibs would have spoken at length about ਮੈਥਨ and its evils in Guru Granth Sahib.

Bro, there are more than enough shabads that talk about Kaam (sexual desire) in Gurbani. Maithun is related to Kaam. Most people need to have sexual desire in them, to have sex. 

Bhul chuk maaf

• 2 months later...
On 2016-07-22 at 10:31 AM, paapiman said:

Bro, there are more than enough shabads that talk about Kaam (sexual desire) in Gurbani. Maithun is related to Kaam. Most people need to have sexual desire in them, to have sex.

Yes but sexual desire is not the same as sexual intercourse (otherwise rape would be considered sexual intercourse).

So first you have to separate sexual desire and sexual intercourse. Put them in two separate categories.

"Most people need to have sexual desire in them, to have sex. "
Exactly!

I'll tell you a secret. ;)

There are two types of sexual desires, which are fundamentally different from each other.
1. Sexual desire that average person feel in their waking and dream state
2. Sexual desire that Brahmgyanis feel in Turiyavastha

In Yog disciplines and in Guru Granth Sahib, #2 is not considered as sexual desire but rather as a part of Turiyavastha.

Here's why -
Imagine yourself having sex all the while embodying a desire for Waheguru.

You would say that is a desire for waheguru not really sexual desire. That's true. On one hand we can see that's not a sexual desire but on the other hand we can kind of see that's a different type of sexual desire.

Sexual desire is just a name for the energy flow in the body, called Kaam Shakti. The energy is different different in 1 and different in 2.

On one hand it is a sexual desire because there is some desire for sex (it's not rape), but on the other hand, it is not sexual desire because it has fundamentally transformed into something else.

So there is -
1. Sexual intercourse while embodying a desire for the person
2. Sexual intercourse while embodying a desire for Waheguru

That's the secret. ;)

On 2016-10-22 at 0:23 AM, BhagatSingh said:

Sexual intercourse while embodying a desire for Waheguru

I think for that to happen, a person must have reached a certain level of awareness, where he or she already sees or desires to see Waheguru in everyone.

But if we talk about a Brahmgyani Grihasthi, he is already Waheguru, would he still have desire for Waheguru ? Because Waheguru is Afur, without thoughts & without desires...so that makes a Brahmgiani without desire..there fore he wont have any desire, not even sexual desire for Waheguru, because he has already achieved it, we can say he is in a complete state of unbroken orgasm or bliss, and in constant union with waheguru...or maybe there are certain times when he comes out of this state and comes down to level of normal people...so in order to go back to the same state he might have a desire for union....lol I am debating with my own self... should i delete this post

ah well i will keep it.

15 hours ago, Ragmaala said:

I think for that to happen, a person must have reached a certain level of awareness, where he or she already sees or desires to see Waheguru in everyone.

But if we talk about a Brahmgyani Grihasthi, he is already Waheguru, would he still have desire for Waheguru ? Because Waheguru is Afur, without thoughts & without desires...so that makes a Brahmgiani without desire..there fore he wont have any desire, not even sexual desire for Waheguru, because he has already achieved it, we can say he is in a complete state of unbroken orgasm or bliss, and in constant union with waheguru...or maybe there are certain times when he comes out of this state and comes down to level of normal people...so in order to go back to the same state he might have a desire for union....lol I am debating with my own self... should i delete this post

ah well i will keep it.

Dude can I be real with you?

i am still to understand why is celibacy being hyped ? it is a natural process, if hte person is getting involved in the sadhana he wants to focus on his kriya rather than pleasure and wants to cultivate his vigour for reaching higher consciousness ...many have gone to advanced stages and twice as many would have failed ..if your body is not able to hold the energy no matter what you do at the slightest opportunity you would give in . even Rishis were not spared. I feel it comes from inside ..to enforce externally will not help.

1 hour ago, jaikaara said:

i am still to understand why is celibacy being hyped ? it is a natural process, if hte person is getting involved in the sadhana he wants to focus on his kriya rather than pleasure and wants to cultivate his vigour for reaching higher consciousness ...many have gone to advanced stages and twice as many would have failed ..if your body is not able to hold the energy no matter what you do at the slightest opportunity you would give in . even Rishis were not spared. I feel it comes from inside ..to enforce externally will not help.

In addition, you can be a celibate while having sex.

Just like you can be Nehkarm (without action) while performing karm (action).

The person who is able to hold energy the energy without letting it spill, know him to be Brahmchari...

...whether they have sex or not.

6 minutes ago, BhagatSingh said:

In addition, you can be a celibate while having sex.

Just like you can be Nehkarm (without action) while performing karm (action).

The person who is able to hold energy the energy without letting it spill, know him to be Brahmchari...

...whether they have sex or not.

you hit the nail veera ..

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...