chatanga1

Another Sikh girl kidnapped and forcibly converted to islam.

9 posts in this topic

This is seriously annoying. The video is eye-opening!

This partition border seriously makes things difficult in helping the sikh community over there!

8 hours ago, londondajatt said:

This is seriously annoying. The video is eye-opening!

This partition border seriously makes things difficult in helping the sikh community over there!

The border does make things difficult, but when the Sikhs had the chance to do anything, they didn't. Neither has the indian govt done anything to help. Can you beleive that there are 6 border villages in Pakistan that have historic gurdwaras in them, the most famous one "Gurdwara Kartarpur Sahib" antim place of Guru Nanak Dev ji, yet the Sikhs didn't do anything to hold those villages in 1947 when they could easily have done so, or even after in the 65 and 71 wars. The SGPC asked the indian go vt to arrange an exchange of land, measuring the same from Indian panjab for these 6 villages, but the indian govt was not interested. % of those gurdwaras have rotted to dust, as did Kartarpur Sahib uuntil the pakistan govt decided it could be renovated for Sikh tourism purposes.

The border hasn;t helped but neither have the Sikhs. Coming onto forced conversions of Pakistani Sikh girls, the Sikhs in indian Panjab need to be more aggressive and operate a quid pro quo policy.

tva prasad likes this

this is what happens when Singhs can't preserve maryada, what happened in 1947. And then we still didn't learn in 1984 - what use are small kripaans?

A paper maryada is useless when there's a proper rehit of regular pratice of defending ourselvs, I think taking amrit is now becoming a ritual, and well those that aren't taking amrit are also heading on some nasty slope, drugs anyone? 

I seriously think that Sikhs do not enough love for sikhi nowadays. If this had happed 3 centuries ago the girl would have rather died than embraced Islam and would have fought back. I believe that Sikh parents should raise their kids to have unconditional love for sikhi.

16 hours ago, tva prasad said:

I seriously think that Sikhs do not enough love for sikhi nowadays. If this had happed 3 centuries ago the girl would have rather died than embraced Islam and would have fought back. I believe that Sikh parents should raise their kids to have unconditional love for sikhi.

I think thats a little harsh myself, but I do understand what you are saying. However if the girl had no will to kill herself, then what? Why should death be forced on her because of others? A more fitting tactic would be for Sikh parents to tell their girls to murder their husbands (and families if possible) before they kill themselves. Poison the whole family if you can before you drink the poison yourself. It's a hard ask though bro.

On 6/19/2017 at 2:42 PM, chatanga1 said:

The border does make things difficult, but when the Sikhs had the chance to do anything, they didn't. Neither has the indian govt done anything to help. Can you beleive that there are 6 border villages in Pakistan that have historic gurdwaras in them, the most famous one "Gurdwara Kartarpur Sahib" antim place of Guru Nanak Dev ji, yet the Sikhs didn't do anything to hold those villages in 1947 when they could easily have done so, or even after in the 65 and 71 wars. The SGPC asked the indian go vt to arrange an exchange of land, measuring the same from Indian panjab for these 6 villages, but the indian govt was not interested. % of those gurdwaras have rotted to dust, as did Kartarpur Sahib uuntil the pakistan govt decided it could be renovated for Sikh tourism purposes.

The border hasn;t helped but neither have the Sikhs. Coming onto forced conversions of Pakistani Sikh girls, the Sikhs in indian Panjab need to be more aggressive and operate a quid pro quo policy.

I saw this like a month or so ago.  The Sikhs and Hindus in Pakistan live in a sea of sulleh, they really have no hope.  A while back, they even converted Sri Guru Arjun Dev Ji's Shaheedi asthan to a mosque.  The Sikhs there need arms, finances, and resources, that is their only way to thrive and survive there. 

12 hours ago, Kuttabanda2 said:

A while back, they even converted Sri Guru Arjun Dev Ji's Shaheedi asthan to a mosque.

Bhai Taru Singh's Shaheedi memeorial Gurdwara.

12 hours ago, Kuttabanda2 said:

The Sikhs there need arms, finances, and resources, that is their only way to thrive and survive there. 

In Pakistan it's a little hard. The Sikhs are scattered except for Peshawar. I asked a Kabuli Sikh once, when there were around a good 50,000 Sikhs in Kabul, why didn't they arms themselves during the civil war, and protect themselves. He gave a feeble answer that if we had guns they would have used rockets against us.

But the impression I got more from these Afghan/Pakistan Sikhs were they were more of the Khatri (trader) mentality. They didn't seem to have the "rarak-marak" ( ਰੜਕ ਮੜਕ ) that Jats/tarkhans/mazhabis have. Afghans trouble started in 1973, but the Sikhs there never thought enough to procure arms for self-defense.

Coming back to Pakistan, the Sikhs there are generally much more well off as they are all traders, and have businesses (as in afghanistan), but this was the same situation the Jews found themselves in, in Germany in the 1930s.

6 hours ago, chatanga1 said:

Bhai Taru Singh's Shaheedi memeorial Gurdwara.

Ohh my bad.  Read somewhere that it was panjve Patshahi's.

6 hours ago, chatanga1 said:

In Pakistan it's a little hard. The Sikhs are scattered except for Peshawar. I asked a Kabuli Sikh once, when there were around a good 50,000 Sikhs in Kabul, why didn't they arms themselves during the civil war, and protect themselves. He gave a feeble answer that if we had guns they would have used rockets against us.

But the impression I got more from these Afghan/Pakistan Sikhs were they were more of the Khatri (trader) mentality. They didn't seem to have the "rarak-marak" ( ਰੜਕ ਮੜਕ ) that Jats/tarkhans/mazhabis have. Afghans trouble started in 1973, but the Sikhs there never thought enough to procure arms for self-defense.

Coming back to Pakistan, the Sikhs there are generally much more well off as they are all traders, and have businesses (as in afghanistan), but this was the same situation the Jews found themselves in, in Germany in the 1930s.

I could agree, Sikhs there aren't as bellicose as their Jat/Tarkhan/Mazhabi counterparts.

I can understand why they feel that way, if they retaliated, it would just turn their already uncertain situation into a communal frenzy.  Being a minority in a 98% Muslim country would be enough to cause anxiety.  The general mentality of the Pakistani populous is bigoted enough due to the Country's Islamization and Islamic indoctrination,  I wouldn't be surprised if another series of pogroms take place there.

I guess we'll have to wait for political circumstances to change in the region for us to see any hope in that area.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor