Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Wgkwgkf plz sangat g help me i am doing simran bhagti in this way i have learend from audio tapes of different bhaisab g plz guide me is it the right path

I am doing simran for 10 min after that i do saas giras for few minutes may be 2 minutes and after that i start to keep my mind focus on my ears trying to listen after keep trying to listen the voice of air or in punjabi the'  soo soo 'voice become more audible and there i sarted to fall into that voice and i stays there for 15 min today when i started reading gurbani from my gutka sahib i fell like my mind dont want to read gurbani instead my eyes started to close again to go back into sunn (which i feel is sunn ) 

My doubts are tht i m not falling into sukhneendre di avasta i have read regarding this in some book tht it is the enemy of gursukh plz guide me is my khoj is in right direction 

Waheguru g

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/13/2018 at 7:02 AM, Sukhvir singh said:

Wgkwgkf plz sangat g help me i am doing simran bhagti in this way i have learend from audio tapes of different bhaisab g plz guide me is it the right path

I am doing simran for 10 min after that i do saas giras for few minutes may be 2 minutes and after that i start to keep my mind focus on my ears trying to listen after keep trying to listen the voice of air or in punjabi the'  soo soo 'voice become more audible and there i sarted to fall into that voice and i stays there for 15 min today when i started reading gurbani from my gutka sahib i fell like my mind dont want to read gurbani instead my eyes started to close again to go back into sunn (which i feel is sunn ) 

My doubts are tht i m not falling into sukhneendre di avasta i have read regarding this in some book tht it is the enemy of gursukh plz guide me is my khoj is in right direction 

Waheguru g

Sounds like you may be just bordering the dreamless sunn void, and be going back and forth. This occurs when sleepy before you fall into dreams and are momentarily passing through a void.

Are you doing saas saas, and then proceeding to go quieter and quieter? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/13/2018 at 8:32 PM, Sukhvir singh said:

Wgkwgkf plz sangat g help me i am doing simran bhagti in this way i have learend from audio tapes of different bhaisab g plz guide me is it the right path

I am doing simran for 10 min after that i do saas giras for few minutes may be 2 minutes and after that i start to keep my mind focus on my ears trying to listen after keep trying to listen the voice of air or in punjabi the'  soo soo 'voice become more audible and there i sarted to fall into that voice and i stays there for 15 min today when i started reading gurbani from my gutka sahib i fell like my mind dont want to read gurbani instead my eyes started to close again to go back into sunn (which i feel is sunn ) 

My doubts are tht i m not falling into sukhneendre di avasta i have read regarding this in some book tht it is the enemy of gursukh plz guide me is my khoj is in right direction 

Waheguru g

have you taken proper sleep ? you sure its like sunn and not fatigue ? how many hours do you sleep ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes lucky g i start with chanting for 10 minutes and then saas giras for 5 minutues approximately after 15 min the sound of soo soo as i mentioned become more audible and loud so my question was do i need to fall into that avasta or keep on doing saas giras which one is the right path and thx for replying 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes lucky g i start with chanting for 10 minutes and then saas giras for 5 minutues approximately after 15 min the sound of soo soo as i mentioned become more audible and loud so my question was do i need to fall into that avasta or keep on doing saas giras which one is the right path and thx for replying 

6 hours ago, Lucky said:

Sounds like you may be just bordering the dreamless sunn void, and be going back and forth. This occurs when sleepy before you fall into dreams and are momentarily passing through a void.

Are you doing saas saas, and then proceeding to go quieter and quieter? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jaikaara said:

have you taken proper sleep ? you sure its like sunn and not fatigue ? how many hours do you sleep ?

Yes i have been taking quite enough sleep even in morning i also have this situation where ihear the soo soo voice loudly dont know wheather its the voice of air but i  m confused wheather to fall into that situation to go into sunn or this is not the way to fall into sunn 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sukhvir singh said:

Yes i have been taking quite enough sleep even in morning i also have this situation where ihear the soo soo voice loudly dont know wheather its the voice of air but i  m confused wheather to fall into that situation to go into sunn or this is not the way to fall into sunn 

I think it is not sleep or fatique bcoz i was feeling fully aware from inside but was in quite shallow mode 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Sukhvir singh said:

Yes lucky g i start with chanting for 10 minutes and then saas giras for 5 minutues approximately after 15 min the sound of soo soo as i mentioned become more audible and loud so my question was do i need to fall into that avasta or keep on doing saas giras which one is the right path and thx for replying 

aaaahhh, i see..... I spoke about naam, sunn and it being pargat on another thread earlier.  

I would suggest some similar advise that I mentioned on there...  To do saas saas with very slow long breaths.by doing  "waaaaaaaahheeeeee"...pause, hold,,and then "Guroooooooooo"  . Start doing this with whisper, be very relaxed ,,, follow the breath and then incorporate the gurmantar.......then,  ..Steadily, and calmly,...go from whisper to just silent recitation (antarghat) within yourself. Keep going and keep going until you get lost in the shabad.

I STRONGLY suggest this as per gurmat. 

Please don't think that going into sunn is what it's all about and be trying to rush it.  That's not gurmat.   You've got to have the foundations of saas saas and rom rom before you play around with sunn. i never paid attention to what it was and never stressed about rushing into it.    Sunn is just a void of which there are 4 main levels that I've come to learn. You want to get NAAM PARGAT,, which itsefl occurs in earlier stage of sunn, but then the NAAM can ONLY gain in abundance meaning- you get NAAM KAMAYEE(wealth), by proceeding with it further into depths of antarghat.  The sunn will come automatically when in deeper meditative states.

  Trying to rush into sunn without naam kamayee, is not recommended as far as i understand. You've also got to note that techniques like hypnotizing, brainwashing via hypnotic induction..  for example,  all use the process of putting you into the void (sunn) and manipulating your susceptible sub-conscious.You see what I mean about being gurmat or not?

 

Bottom line, Do the saas saas as described above because I know it works. In addition, you are still safe to do the listening to silence or sooo soooo as wel, but please have the foundations. 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Lucky said:

 

 

Bottom line, Do the saas saas as described above because I know it works. In addition, you are still safe to do the listening to silence or sooo soooo as wel, but please have the foundations. 

 

Waheguru

Great discussion last few days bro.  Quick question here, you would ignore the sooo soooo( love the description) while doing saas saas correct?

When does it become beneficial to listen to the sooo sooo in your opinion? as it does get really loud when you let it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, CuriousSeeker said:

Great discussion last few days bro.  Quick question here, you would ignore the sooo soooo( love the description) while doing saas saas correct?

What is the sooooo sooooo sound. I've lost you guys on that one. Are you referring to the sound of air as your exhale and say guroooooooo?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sat1176 said:

What is the sooooo sooooo sound. I've lost you guys on that one. Are you referring to the sound of air as your exhale and say guroooooooo?

I was referring to the base sound current heard early on. I think Lucky ji was referring to the same ....hopefully.  

 

Sooo sooo would just be a punjabi way of saying it ..... imagining a grandma trying to explain it to doctor in punjabi...( sooo-onh-sooonh) :) sorry off topic 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CuriousSeeker said:

I was referring to the base sound current heard early on. I think Lucky ji was referring to the same ....hopefully.  

Yeh, the desi description of a whistling type noise..  "kannnah de vich soooooo sooooo hoyi jandee" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, CuriousSeeker said:

Waheguru

Great discussion last few days bro.  Quick question here, you would ignore the sooo soooo( love the description) while doing saas saas correct?

When does it become beneficial to listen to the sooo sooo in your opinion? as it does get really loud when you let it.

1) Follow breath into saas saas whilst incorporating gurmantar whisper.  

2) Elongate the breath, slow down, calmly and not forcefully.....let it come naturally. 

3) Then start holding breath in pause between "wahe" and "guru"..  and in between breathing in or out.

for eg,  "waaaaaaaheee" ..pause..hold...."guroooooo"....pause

The moment in between(pause-hold) is when you'll hear sound of sooo sooo or distant shabad ringing.   This is how it builds up and helps get you deeper.  Don't start thinking about sunn, because it will just come along. Just try to get deeper and deeper within. Keep following breath and silent gurmantar except at the pause.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/02/2018 at 3:33 PM, Lucky said:

aaaahhh, i see..... I spoke about naam, sunn and it being pargat on another thread earlier.  

I would suggest some similar advise that I mentioned on there...  To do saas saas with very slow long breaths.by doing  "waaaaaaaahheeeeee"...pause, hold,,and then "Guroooooooooo"  . Start doing this with whisper, be very relaxed ,,, follow the breath and then incorporate the gurmantar.......then,  ..Steadily, and calmly,...go from whisper to just silent recitation (antarghat) within yourself. Keep going and keep going until you get lost in the shabad.

I STRONGLY suggest this as per gurmat. 

Please don't think that going into sunn is what it's all about and be trying to rush it.  That's not gurmat.   You've got to have the foundations of saas saas and rom rom before you play around with sunn. i never paid attention to what it was and never stressed about rushing into it.    Sunn is just a void of which there are 4 main levels that I've come to learn. You want to get NAAM PARGAT,, which itsefl occurs in earlier stage of sunn, but then the NAAM can ONLY gain in abundance meaning- you get NAAM KAMAYEE(wealth), by proceeding with it further into depths of antarghat.  The sunn will come automatically when in deeper meditative states.

  Trying to rush into sunn without naam kamayee, is not recommended as far as i understand. You've also got to note that techniques like hypnotizing, brainwashing via hypnotic induction..  for example,  all use the process of putting you into the void (sunn) and manipulating your susceptible sub-conscious.You see what I mean about being gurmat or not?

 

Bottom line, Do the saas saas as described above because I know it works. In addition, you are still safe to do the listening to silence or sooo soooo as wel, but please have the foundations. 

 

 

 

 

Yes waheguru g 

I agree with ur suggestion tht to have foundation of naam abhyaas and naam kamai before going into this situation and i also have a strong belief tht once my kamai will be sufficient then my naam simran will take me automatically to next step 

Now i will do saas giras as much as i can do after verbally chanting and will do vice versa when broken

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×