Kathavachaks

tva prasad

43 minutes ago, paapiman said:

In current times, 

Gyani Inderjeet Singh jee Raqbewale (IMHO, the best if various factors are taken into account)

Gyani Kulwant Singh jee (great for new spiritual aspirants and for people who have basic knowledge of Sikhsim)

Sant Makhan Singh jee Sato ki Gali

Gyani Thakur Singh jee

Gyani Harbhajan Singh jee Dhudikey

Sant Jagjit Singh jee Harkhowal

Bhul chuk maaf

Why only these? Tbh, Gyani TS & G. KS are the two most difficult preachers to listen to! Baba Ji from Harkhowal is the best with his softly soothing and thoughtful voice. I can totally understand what he says because he is totally grounded and centred. I can relate with this Baba Ji, but not with the other two above. They are too *ffin* full of themselves, too egocentric, always flying and jumping to heights, only to be  located somewhere in the mid-air! They need to come down to earth and stop their ‘look at me, I am vidwaan’ demeanour! Geeez!

They need to calm down for God’s sakes! Just because they sit on a stage does not mean that they are God! Where the *ff is their humility? When one follows Baba Nanak sincerely and from their heart, one exhibits humility, which is a number one quality anongst many others. Makes me sick to see the arrogance of Sikhs all over the world. They are arrogant to the bone which makes one to look the other way! Pathetic people!

Just now, paapiman said:

Who is your favorite one? and why?

Thanks

Bhul chuk maaf

I think Sant Warayam Singh Ji did awesome katha because it has so much gian for gursikhs who want to reach god. 

Also Sant Jarnail Singh Ji because he does not go off topic and still gives a good explanation and thorough knowledge of the shabads. 

In the current times, I like Sant Baba Hari Singh Randhawa Ji's katha for the amount of gian he talks about and he also covers interesting topics. 

3 minutes ago, tva prasad said:

I think Sant Warayam Singh Ji did awesome katha because it has so much gian for gursikhs who want to reach god. 

Also Sant Jarnail Singh Ji because he does not go off topic and still gives a good explanation and thorough knowledge of the shabads. 

In the current times, I like Sant Baba Hari Singh Randhawa Ji's katha for the amount of gian he talks about and he also covers interesting topics. 

Please do share snippets of their knowledge in the appropriate topics. Daas does not listen much to the above great scholars of the Panth. It's always good to listen to different theologians, in order to broaden one's perspective.

Thanks a lot

Bhul chuk maaf

My Lists:

Bhai Ranjit Singh Dhanderiawale(He speaks on various topics including panthic issues facing our Sikh Society. A  must listen for younger generations.He is in Forefront  for Single Rehat Mariyada .

Image result for ranjit singh dhadrian wale

Yogi bhajan( if you want some yogic stuff in Sikhism .Very Helpfull for Non Sikhs who wants to understand abt sikhi)

image.jpeg.9e140bf5fd76499a91f85f3ee71ef7f6.jpeg

Bhai Panthpreet Singh (Very popular in Punjab and worldwide)

image.jpeg.e778994c4e15d027505cfa21dd254304.jpeg

Baba Banta Singh(another popular kathavachak has done various kathas on  JApji ,Jaap Sahib etc)

image.jpeg.7e7536074338fb6078f8d92bcd5a5d06.jpeg

Prof Darshan Singh (Very well educated in Gurmat Philosophy my favourite is his excellent katha on Japji Sahib)

Image result for prof darshan singh

14 hours ago, angy15 said:

My Lists:

Bhai Ranjit Singh Dhanderiawale(He speaks on various topics including panthic issues facing our Sikh Society. A  must listen for younger generations.He is in Forefront  for Single Rehat Mariyada .

Image result for ranjit singh dhadrian wale

Yogi bhajan( if you want some yogic stuff in Sikhism .Very Helpfull for Non Sikhs who wants to understand abt sikhi)

image.jpeg.9e140bf5fd76499a91f85f3ee71ef7f6.jpeg

Bhai Panthpreet Singh (Very popular in Punjab and worldwide)

image.jpeg.e778994c4e15d027505cfa21dd254304.jpeg

Baba Banta Singh(another popular kathavachak has done various kathas on  JApji ,Jaap Sahib etc)

image.jpeg.7e7536074338fb6078f8d92bcd5a5d06.jpeg

Prof Darshan Singh (Very well educated in Gurmat Philosophy my favourite is his excellent katha on Japji Sahib)

Image result for prof darshan singh

A lot of missionaries you got there, except for baba banta singh ji from DDT. 

@tva prasad

I think their is a strong misconception among members  abt Sikh Missionaries.They undertake  basically SGGS based prachar not relying so much on Sakhis.
Let us understand how their prachar is differnrent from Sampridya through a Sakhi

Pundit Lal Chand’s meeting with Guru ji:
At Aurangzeb’s request, Guru Har Krishan traveled to Delhi. On his way to Delhi, Guru ji stayed at a place called Panjokhara. There lived a pundit Lal Chand, who was very proud of his caste and knowledge. He came to see the young Guru and asked sarcastically “It’s said that you sit on the Gur gaddi of Guru Nanak, but what do you know about Bhagavad Gita”? Guru ji smiled at Lal Chand’s request and asked for Chhajju Ram. Chhajju was an illiterate, mute and deaf, village water-carrier who was helping in the kitchen at that moment. Guru ji asked Chhajju to sit in front and explain to the pundit the gist of Bhagavad Gita. Guru ji touched Chhajju’s head with a stick (wand). Chhajju Ram recited Gita in front of all there. Lal Chand was ashamed and fell at the Guru’s feet.

This is typical Sampridya based Sakhis we listen abt How Guruji Touched Chhajjus Head with is stick and Miricale happened

Now this same Sakhis how will Sikh Missionary Pracharak will interpret .
Instead of magical stick he would narrate it as:
Chhajju Ram belonged to a mythical lower caste, members of this caste were forbidden to read or learn. They were considered deaf and mute by the mythical high caste Brahmins. Guru Nanak’s open door policy to everyone helped these mythical lower caste groups to get knowledgeable by following Guru’s teachings. They were no longer assumed deaf and mute in the society.

If we take the magic wand out of this story and say Chhajju was not really a handicap person (just considered) then it will be a wonderful true story otherwise it is a Mythical.

We should not forget that Guru Nanak rejected all kinds of miracles.