Motivation towards Sikhi

I will let other more qualified members here answer your question.

Just curious how long have you been married?

Were you amritdhari and she non amritdhari when you got married?

If yes ,why did you marry a non amritdhari woman if you wanted someone that was amritdhari?

That was the package you opted for so why try to change someone now? 

Whatever you do,don't force her or use violence/guilt on her as it will backfire on you and make her hate you.You don't want that.

The best thing you can do is live and act in such a way that makes her look up to you and respect you.Be an example to her and it will surely have an effect in bringing her closer to Sikhi.

35 minutes ago, Jageera said:

I will let other more qualified members here answer your question.

Just curious how long have you been married?

Were you amritdhari and she non amritdhari when you got married?

If yes ,why did you marry a non amritdhari woman if you wanted someone that was amritdhari?

That was the package you opted for so why try to change someone now? 

Whatever you do,don't force her or use violence/guilt on her as it will backfire on you and make her hate you.You don't want that.

The best thing you can do is live and act in such a way that makes her look up to you and respect you.Be an example to her and it will surely have an effect in bringing her closer to Sikhi.

👏👏👏👏👏👍👍👍

Indeed a very good and complete answer by Jageera veer jee above.

To this only that much I would add that let us be good human beings with our fellow beings, and keep Waheguru in our minds as goal.

Each and every person has a chalked destiny by the wise Nature due to their own karmas which nobody can alter.

So as Jageera says, be an example, without any pressure or force on her, that by itself will slowly and slowly impact her in a gentle and subtle way, that much only is in one's hands.

SSA.

On 11/4/2019 at 4:29 PM, Guru da Singh said:

I am an amritdhari singh, but my wife is non amritdhari and she is not even interested in sikhi. How can i motivate her towards sikhi? She doesn't even want to listen Gurmukhi talks. Please suggest how can i motivate her towards sikhi.

Just start off small... make it a thing to go gurdwara as a family at least once a week... helped with us

@Guru da Singh Veer ji its really sad what you are experiencing as its not a small quick fix problem. 

You could try to be a good role model as that i hope will help convince your wife that gurmat principles rehit is the best.

You could also do ardas and ask Waheguru Guru Sahib Ji to bless your wife for gursikh jeevan which Guru Sahib Ji will help.

You can try to get some literature writtings on Guru Sahibs, Mahapursh jeevanis that will help inspire her into adopting gursikh jeevan.

Here are a few relevant tracks i searched which i hope will help as it relates to this thread. I will add more when i find relevant tracks related to this thread

19 hours ago, Soulfinder said:

@Guru da Singh Veer ji its really sad what you are experiencing as its not a small quick fix problem. 

You could try to be a good role model as that i hope will help convince your wife that gurmat principles rehit is the best.

You could also do ardas and ask Waheguru Guru Sahib Ji to bless your wife for gursikh jeevan which Guru Sahib Ji will help.

You can try to get some literature writtings on Guru Sahibs, Mahapursh jeevanis that will help inspire her into adopting gursikh jeevan.

Here are a few relevant tracks i searched which i hope will help as it relates to this thread. I will add more when i find relevant tracks related to this thread

17 hours ago, Soulfinder said:

Very nice videos soulfinder veerji. He's right we shouldn't expect. 

18 hours ago, Soulfinder said:

@Mooorakhbhen ji any suggestions or tips for veer ji on here

SSA

Not really @Soulfinder veerji. I read his post a couple of days ago and knew I sail in the same boat but honestly I don't have any good solution for him.  He's surely at a better position than me,  being a man and Amritdhari .. so all I can say is that look veer there are people like me too who long for external Amrit, however aren't lucky enough to get it. So better be thankful than try to change your spouse! 

As for me, I have all a worldly woman can ask for. A loving, caring husband ( who takes care of all my Materialistic needs plus cares for all kinds of physical needs too- it's just that he doesn't understand spirituality - he doesn't have that hunger, so he can't relate)  who provides for me. Two Lovely kids, non interfering in-laws, very caring parents, siblings.. I mean its just a perfect life otherwise.. tit bits here n there of course are handled and are necessary too.. it wasn't this perfect few years ago.. Dukh became Daaru and I thus became my Guru Sahib's child. I am progressing substantially. My waheguru is on my side! What else I can ask for.. 🙂🌹🌹💐🌼

I have accepted my husband's way of living as waheguru ji's hukam and love him that way! As for my bhukh -" I am sure Jin upaayi medni Seyi de adhaar".. aap rakhega! Aap karega! It's his job! I have stopped worrying. 🙂

21 hours ago, Soulfinder said:

That first video is brilliant advice

2 hours ago, Sukh_preet said:

Very nice videos soulfinder veerji. He's right we shouldn't expect. 

I am glad to share bhen ji as its something that can't forced onto someone its a naturally interest that these things develop. 

I remember this as i didn't even at the time know beyond 2 pauris of japji sahib compared to now. It was at the time my mum always saying me to learn japji sahib for years but with Wahegurus kirpa i have gone past that stage now.

2 hours ago, Mooorakh said:

SSA

Not really @Soulfinder veerji. I read his post a couple of days ago and knew I sail in the same boat but honestly I don't have any good solution for him.  He's surely at a better position than me,  being a man and Amritdhari .. so all I can say is that look veer there are people like me too who long for external Amrit, however aren't lucky enough to get it. So better be thankful than try to change your spouse! 

As for me, I have all a worldly woman can ask for. A loving, caring husband ( who takes care of all my Materialistic needs plus cares for all kinds of physical needs too- it's just that he doesn't understand spirituality - he doesn't have that hunger, so he can't relate)  who provides for me. Two Lovely kids, non interfering in-laws, very caring parents, siblings.. I mean its just a perfect life otherwise.. tit bits here n there of course are handled and are necessary too.. it wasn't this perfect few years ago.. Dukh became Daaru and I thus became my Guru Sahib's child. I am progressing substantially. My waheguru is on my side! What else I can ask for.. 🙂🌹🌹💐🌼

I have accepted my husband's way of living as waheguru ji's hukam and love him that way! As for my bhukh -" I am sure Jin upaayi medni Seyi de adhaar".. aap rakhega! Aap karega! It's his job! I have stopped worrying. 🙂

Bhen ji you are 100% correct what you have written its true to be thankful to Waheguru Guru Sahib Ji for blessings we currently have rather than think and stress about things we don't have. 

All i can say its still best to do ardas and Guru Sahib Ji will do kirpa on both of you and you will take amrit !! Just got to play the waiting game.