UK P.M.: Extremist Imams to be deported

Harbhajan

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2005/20050714/world.htm#6

Extremist Imams to be deported: Blair

London, July 13

Affirming UK’s determination to crack down extremists, Prime Minister Tony Blair said today that anti-terror laws would be tightened and steps taken for the deportation of radical Imams to prevent them from spreading the “evil and extreme ideology†based on a “perverted and poisonous misinterpretation of Islam.†— PTI

About bloody time too! England has become a safe haven and breeding ground for extremist muslims and its about time they started to fix this problem.

I wonder when he will deal with Sikh extremists too. There are dangerous fanatics from all religions, not just Islam. But the focus here seems to be on attacking Islam exclusively.

A more effective way to deal with the threat of terrorism than simply shutting up people who express opinions you don't like might be to follow Spain's example and pull troops out of Iraq. Also to revise foreign policy on Israel-Palestine.

Mr Lung, religious Sikhs are not extremists. Sikhs don’t go around forcing their views on others, nor do they actively go around trying to convert non-Sikhs. Neither do the most religious of Sikhs in the UK/Canada/US go around bombing non-Sikhs. So please don’t spread a non-existent negative image of Sikhs of the west.

It is sad that innocent Muslims in the UK are victims of the recent backlash against their community. Most Muslims are hard working people with families to raise. The government should do more to spread awareness.

There is no such thing as a Sikh religious extremist but there is such a thing as a Sikh political extremist. They usually don't care about matters of religion (i.e. they smoke, drink, cut hair) but get very excited about Khalistan and like to threaten people (i.e. "we know who you are and where you live") instead of doing indiscriminate acts of bombing. They do tend to single out their political opponents and threaten them, and murder them from time to time (esp. journalists). In particular, they are a youth element z.

Get a life bruce Lung, we're talking about UK here. So tell me who has been told 'we know where u live' and who has been murdered 'from time to time'?

Sad how muslims are doing their best even partially quoting their scriptures in order to show themselves as 'peaceful' but we have Sikhs trying to create non-existant 'extremists'

Khalistan "movement" (if there ever was?? because a movement involves a considerable participation and support from people.) has become to be associated with Sikhs as Sikh Extremist Movement, cleverly promoted by biased media, the media over which unfortunately Sikhs had no control. I sometimes can not help laughing at sheer ignorance of a few westerners, who occasinally pass careless remarks on Sikhs but at the same time i have met some really knowledgeably people from west, who have tried to understand sikh philosophy all by themselves because Sikhs have spent very little time creating awareness about Sikhism to the global masses other than for wrong reasons.

Ofcourse we do not seek converts and seldom have missionaries but still awareness has to be created otherwise ignorance takes over. On the positive note Sikhs now seem to have waken up to reality.

Bobbyboy; A couple of years ago an anti-Khalistan Sikh editor of a Sikh newspaper in Southall was murdered by extremists. There is a very small minority of nasty fruitcakes, and unpleasant though it may seem because they do actually exist I can't discount the possibility that you might be one. The fact that you refuse to acknowledge their existence is significant. Even the Muslims acknowledge that there are extremist trouble-makers in their midst.

There is a proscribed terrorist organisation in the UK which it's illegal to mention and illegal to support or express sympathy for. They are banned because they are terrorists, who have threatened and intimidated both Sikhs and non-Sikhs. The days of their influence are over. So YOU get a life.

To sikhphilosophy: we can agree to disagree on many political issues. The only time it becomes a problem is when one party threatens the other using terrorism. Not all Khalistan supporters are extremists or terrorists.

You mean Tarsem Singh Purewal of Des Pardes?

It is absolutely amazing that this forum has so many people who seem to know more than the police. So he was murdered by extremists? Why does the UK police spend millions in investigating these crimes and come up with nothing when wll they need to do is ask Antarjamis like Bruce Lung who can have a case cracked in a few minutes.

Only fruitcake here is you!

So you think they came up with nothing, case closed?

If I am a fruitcake for despising terrorists and all those who support them in any way whatsoever with a vehemence that this language doesn't have insults powerful enough to express, then so be it. If you call me a fruitcake I must be doing something right.

werent ISYF and BKI on Jack Straws list of terrorist organisation? whether or not they are a threat to the british public doesnt matter, they were still banned by jack straws terrorist act. although not so significant today the guys that carried out the bombings on a cinema in india apparently had links 2 BKI. you guys must not remember the late 80's and early 90's when terrorism flourished in panjab and northern india. however thats completely different as the police where just as bad if not worse than the "kharkhoos" who occasionally stopped city buses, lined up all the hindus outside and shot them. although all this came from the backlash of 84, the terrorism in panjab was not very religously centred.