How far can i go in translations?

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa, Waheguru ji ki Fateh.

I am thinking of starting an sms service where a shabad translation will be send each morning for those interested, but i was wondering how far i can go when it comes to the translations?

for instance am i allowed to make the following:

So what have you accomplished by listening to the Puraanas?

Faithful devotion has not welled up within you, and you have not been inspired to give to the hungry. ||1||Pause||

into:

So what have you accomplished by listening to the Scriptures?

Faithful devotion has not welled up within you, and you have not been inspired to give to the hungry. ||1||Pause||

to give it a more universal appeal?

Khalsa Jeevan is written by Baba Kartaar Singh, and as I know of, no translation exists. It actually is pretty easy to understand, granted you can understand simple punjabi and read gurmukhi. Taksal publications overall are pretty easy to read.

I think Kam wrote that he is in the process of translating the first volume of Guru Granth Sahib steeks that were originally published during Sant Kartaar Singh's times and are based on Sant Gurbachan Singh's katha. If Kam is translating this, it will be surely be a gem, the punjabi steeks and the katha they are based upon are amazing. For all the accolades that Gyani Takhur Singh gets for his jap jee sahib katha, his katha is based upon the arth done by Sant Gurbachan Singh and are almost exactly out of this steek. Not saying that he isnt deserving of the accolades, as it is great that he spread the giaan, just trying to point out that the steek and Sant Gurbachan SIngh's katha is on a level of its own. Listen to Jap jee sahib katha of his and bhagat fareed jee's saloks if you dont believe me.