Marijuana and Nihangs

Some points: The Gurus are Sargun Saroop of God. They didnt' call themselves that, but successors would call their predecesser Guru God. For example, about Guru Nanak 'tuhi aap nirankar'. laws are in their hands and they can change them.

An example of Naam shakti: when Guru Gobind Singh ji ordered one of his singhs to kill a mad drunken elephant attacking the gates of his fort. Although the singh did have full faith in maharaj.

"- my point is that recreational use in order to slightly alter the state of mind through marijuana is no different than drinking coffee to wake up in the morning, or red bull to stay awake etc."

-recreational use to slightly alter the state of mind is completely and totally different from using tea or coffee. Marijuana use has a much more powerful effect on the mind. Over the long run, use can lead to many different diseases and weakness of the mind.

Matheen, the shabad does represent a rehitnama, it is giving example of 1 - Living in excess and those who live to excite their senses;

2 - Being hypocrites.

The examples of fish, mw and wine simply reflect those excessive habits of the rich blood suckers who Kabir Ji saw around him preaching (and pretending to be) one thing and living another. Bhagat was of course witnessing these habits of the rich and lazy as a poor hard working weaver.

If this was a list of don'ts there would be a more general reference to maas rather than machhalee. The reference to machhalee simply reflects the area where Kabir Ji lived - Benaras, which would of course put more fish on the menu of the local rich men.

Maha Kharag Singh - I am confused, I clearly don't hold as much knowledge as you do, and as some respected members here.

How does the geeta - the discussion between Krishan and Arjun, fit in with Gurbani?

I guess what I am getting at is, why the need for you to go to the geeta to get this, isn't Gurbani (Guru Granth Sahib, Dasam Granth, Sarbloh Granth) satisfy your need?

Not having a go, maybe my english is poor and I can't word it properly, forgive me, but I hope you understand. If you can please give as much info as you can, this is interesting.

Also about the Khands, I know of 5 from jap ji sahib, you are talking of a "battle khand", where nobody is related, all you have is good and evil. Doesn't gurbani say that nobody is really related in this materialistic world?

Also, please explain "When Ran Chandi is summoned she doesnt care who's blood she is drinking, may it be of the righteous or the wicked. "

Thank you.

Our Satgurus, looked at many sources for inspiration, the biggest Mahakaal.

To answer you question about the Geeta, why do we look at books other than Satguru Granth Sahib Ji, why do we accept the vachans by mahapursh's other than those vachans in Satguru Granth Sahib Ji.

If you accept universality in religious texts and Relgious figures then you will accept that gyaan may it be from Geeta Koran etc is from One creator. Therefore Geeta has relevance in terms of Gurbani. Another thing as for getting knowledge from Treh Granth, if Satguru Ji agrees with Geeta, hes not exactly going to re write it into Dasam or Sarbloh Guru Granth now is he?

Before Singh Ji you go on another tangent, i do feel that our Satguru has over say on the way we should lead our spiritual life but i feel there is nothing wrong in looking at other sources aswell as Satguru Granth Sahibs.

No one has any spiritual relation with anyone on earth but we do have physical. And spiritual and physical relations intertwine when Karam comes into play. However on Yudh Bhoomi these laws break there is no physical or spiritual attachment with your foe, just the thirst for victory. Anyway to relate this back to our discussion of pain on the battlefield, if karam breaks down on the battlefield then the merit gained from ones spirituality will not effect if they feel any pain on the battlefield.

As per the Ran Chandi comment, Ran Chandi is warrior spirit on the battlefield. Where once war begins it doesnt look at who's good and whos evil, she will drink blood from the same cup ie from both adversaries. The mythical story is that of the Mahakaali form of Chandi where she didnt see any difference between Asuras who were good and those who were evil but went on a rampage to drink the blood of ALL asuras.

Anyone who reads the writings of dasam pathshah, our historic granths, our rehatnames, foreign commentries, writings by nihang singhs through the times or spends time with Nihang Singh mahapursh will find ample evidence and justification for the use of Sukhnidhan* by Nihang Singhs and indeed any other Sikh who wishes to use it, so long as it is not abused (which unofrtunately is sometimes the case). If someone chooses to blind themselves to the truth thats their problem.

People who love using Gurbani in debates are ofen in need of learning Gurbani Arth properly and often fail to contexualise verses.

There is an increasingly growing trend for people to understand Sikhi based on their uneducated** value judgements - this is the very definition of manmat.

* likewise for Jhatka

** I use this language because most people do not ask innocent questions, but actively seek to undermine the Gurus maryada without knowing very much about them.

Gurfateh Bhai, apologies for any hurt caused but my statements were not directed at yourself. The rather harsher remearks were in response to the below immature remarks:

excuses excuses.

dharam rai will not tolerate people who do beadbi of mahraj's roop by doing such deeds while wearing it.

#

Begining a thread with this kind of arrogant statement hardly paves the way for healthy discussion and what other kind of response can be given?