Prophet Mohammad in art

Mithr

If my understanding of this issue appears to be pc, then it is entirely coincidental.

Issue of Mahadin has already been discussed. In any case, nowhere does it say to ridicule the Prophet - I may be wrong, but the Dasam Bani simply refers to a failing of the Muslim movement (rather than individual Muslims). In any case if you wish to continue discussing this please do do in teh appropriate existing thread.

I will take my understanding of Sikh attitudes from my Guru's rather than socio-politically 'evolving' cultural rehits/texts.

Thanks for your concern.

Posted: Today at 1:26 am Post subject: (No subject)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If my understanding of this issue appears to be pc, then it is entirely coincidental.

Issue of Mahadin has already been discussed. In any case, nowhere does it say to ridicule the Prophet - I may be wrong, but the Dasam Bani simply refers to a failing of the Muslim movement (rather than individual Muslims). In any case if you wish to continue discussing this please do do in teh appropriate existing thread.

I will take my understanding of Sikh attitudes from my Guru's rather than socio-politically 'evolving' cultural rehits/texts.

Thanks for your concern.

1. You admit to not following any rahitnama

2. This implies you make up your own personal rahit

3. The question now is: is this gurmat or shaheediyanmat?

Since when was Prem Sumarg the present Panthic rehit or Gurmat (in its entirety), numpty.

Not that it is any of your business to question my personal beliefs - but for your information, as a bare minimum, I follow the Rehit my Panj Pyare gave me. As you very well know, there are a plethora of rehits out there, I take various Vidvaans advice and try my best to discriminate using Gurmat to further enhance my journey.

So yes, you are right. Aside from the directions I received directly from Sacha Paatshah (in the form of the Panj Pyare), it could be argued that I use my own mat to add to the rehit - only my Lord will ever know whether I am in fact using my mat or deriving my decisions from my Guru's mat.

Now, please allow the discussion to return to it's original topic, the lovely paintings of Mohammed Sahib, most of which I believe originate from your part of the world.

Nice pictures but the disturbing bit and one which shows the mentality of that part of the world is the ones where women are being tortured in Hell for the 'crime' of showing strangers their hair or going out of the house without their husbands permission.

People might be able to paint beautiful paintings but still they remain barbarians tied to a 7th century desert religion.