Ishwar Amolak Lal in English?

Matheen

i dont think this book can be translated into english properly . In fact i personally dont want this text to be translated into english it will devalue its anubhavi gyan and its deep level of anubhav poetry. I read it three times, its beautiful read in its orginal form.

You have a point. Do you know if the version on the Rarasahib website (and ik13) is complete?

I have the original, but most pages are not written in Gurmukhi. I also downloaded it from ik13, but can't tell if it is the full diary.

i dont think this book can be translated into english properly . In fact i personally dont want this text to be translated into english it will devalue its anubhavi gyan and its deep level of anubhav poetry. I read it three times, its beautiful read in its orginal form.

I totally agree with N30 Singh. Whenever you translate some spiritual literature from Punjabi to English it loses most of its beauty. I don't know why. Some authors try to translate such literature into old English(Shakespearian type English) but that just ends up being too old to understand.

I can understand when a Gora or non Punjabi cannot understand or read Punjabi. But Punjabis themselves have absolutely no excuse for not reading about Sikhism through the Punjabi language. Now our own Punjabi youth in the west demand that Sikh related literature be translated into English in order for them to fully understand the subject.

A Punjabi should always read Punjabi newpapers to get a good grasp of the language. Newspapers are a very important and useful tool that should be fully used to understand a language, because they never use difficult words so it will not only improve your reading skills of the language but since it is a refined version of the language it will also improve your own speech in the language.

You have a point. Do you know if the version on the Rarasahib website (and ik13) is complete?

I have the original, but most pages are not written in Gurmukhi. I also downloaded it from ik13, but can't tell if it is the full diary.

Ishvar Amolak Lal in pdf format seems complete, its seem online one have all the pages of actual hard copy diary.