Terms Used In Sri Dasam Granth

First of all there is no Nabha singh as you write. His name is Kahan singh nabha. This shows your ignorance about sikh names and demonstrates where you come from.

You wrote

his trash was aimed at Hindus to be Anti Hindu (hence the Hindi) and neither of any worth nor interest to sikhs.

He did not write trash. it is fanatic and fascist Hindu group that call it trash. You are no different from them. Your hate towards sikhs manifests in your writing.

He awakened sikhs from the design of duplicate right wing Hindus who wanted to absorb sikhs in Hinduism. That time Hindus were playing a deceitful game with sikhs and were converting them back into Hinduism that too by shudhi ceremony. i hope you understand that. If not that is to purify the converts as if they were defiled by becoming sikhs.

You have not shown me anywhere and i challenge you again to show me where is BHagauti name used for Chandi? You cann't show that because it is not there. it is all fabrication of fanatic Hindus who want to mislead ignorant sikhs. Read your scripture Markandey purana that uses over 100 names for Durga But Bhagauti Is not there.

Navjot2 wrote

you still havent explained how 'kirtam' is related to sanskrit word for 'artificial' or whatever tenuous connection they/you are claiming. also a shabad quoted by you yourself above is equating ਹਰਿ with Akal.

So you are telling us that when Guru sahib is referring to God as hari in SGGS, guru sahib means to say Hindu God hari. By same logic you will also say when God is referred as Ram it is reference to ram of ayodhaya. This is a very perverted and blasphemic arguement. That shows future designs of bigot organizations of Hindus on sikhism.

Leave aside sikhs even sensible Hindus do not call him as God of hindus.What will happen when God is referred to as Karim, rahim. khuda, parwardgar. In the same way these are just names given to God who has in reality no name.

Guru sahib's conclusion is that though people call you by various names but your real name is Sat nam. In simple language if he God is indicated as one who takes care of us he is called Gopal. It does not mean that so called dayal becomes God.

Why do not write anything about dark deeds of RSS for misrepresenting and insulting sikh Gurus. I ahve put the refrence for you. it is not reported by kahan singh nabha. This is very real event of the recent past.

Edited by singh2

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

funny you can only now say 'you are wrong'. instead of explainging why.

Let me explain to you simple language:

the ocean is in the drop and the drop is in the ocean.

the sunlight is not seperate from the sun. you know the sun by its 'sun'light.

Is Nirguna Akal Purakh four-armed? is kabirs four-armed purakh different form the one in Guru's saloks- the one with discuss.

I said Vishnu Rupa. Akal in the *form* of Vishnu.

You show me what is in the whole shabad that I am missing?

kahan nabha singh nabha. whatever his name is. nabha is enough to idenify him to me. i really dont care which is his first and last name.

where am i celebrating fanatical Hindu literature? its either one or the other in your simple mindset isnt it?

shudhi =arya samaj ceremony. where did i say i am fan of arya samaj? im not interested in them at all. they convert any sikh good for them, likewise with muslims etc clearly wasnt much of a sikh in the first place so good riddance

YOUR ideology is misleading sikhs. you are competing with these so called Hindus you keep going on about, so you feel threatened by them. They dont pretend not to be Hindus. You are doing you dirty work from the inside, under the guise of 'protecting sikhi'. it doesnt need your crappy protection, which is really just your insecure lurching for 'seperate identity' (which is already intrinsicly there) to be affirmed.

I have not even read Markandey purana. Am I supposed to be offenced by you calling it mine? Im happy to take it thanks. Now I can understand the references my Guru makes to Bhavani Durga etc hopefully

read Durga Saptashati know who Chandi is.

funny you can only now say 'you are wrong'. instead of explainging why.

Let me explain to you simple language:

the ocean is in the drop and the drop is in the ocean.

the sunlight is not seperate from the sun. you know the sun by its 'sun'light.

Is Nirguna Akal Purakh four-armed? is kabirs four-armed purakh different form the one in Guru's saloks- the one with discuss.

I said Vishnu Rupa. Akal in the *form* of Vishnu.

You show me what is in the whole shabad that I am missing?

Navjot2

Still you are dodging around. God in sargun saroop is present in his craetion. His creation is not limited to demigods like Vishnu , brahma etc. Everyone including navjot2, singh2 are part of creation. God is present in us as well. But we do not become God. We have to realize him. For realizing God we have to transgress maya.

Gurbani says these demigods had failed to transgress maya and they could not realize God. This is sikh view.

When kabir says chaturbhuj it is not Chaturbhau you are trying to project here.

Read the shabad the essence is after rahau. How can God have four arms when he is not born.

chaturaa-ee na chaturbhuj paa-ee-ai. rahaa-o.

Through cleverness, the four-armed Lord is not obtained. ||Pause||

parhar lobh ar lokaachaar.

Set aside your greed and worldly ways.

parhar kaam kroDh ahaNkaar. ||2||

Set aside sexual desire, anger and egotism. ||2||

karam karat baDhay ahaNmayv.

Ritual practices bind people in egotism;

mil paathar kee karhee sayv. ||3||

meeting together, they worship stones. ||3||

kaho kabeer bhagat kar paa-i-aa.

Says Kabeer, He is obtained only by devotional worship.

bholay bhaa-ay milay raghuraa-i-aa. ||4||6||

Through innocent love, the Lord is met. ||4||6||

ang 324

Edited by singh2

hey singh, you are right about bhagauti meaning sword in some instances, but only as a symbol of Shakti. this i must admit now, because i was reading Dasam Granth and came across something. look:

ਨਮਸਕਾਰ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਖੜਗ ਕੋ ਕਰੋਂ ਸੁ ਹਿਤੁ ਚਿਤੁ ਲਾਇ ॥

ਪੂਰਨ ਕਰੋਂ ਗਰੰਥ ਇਹੁ ਤੁਮ ਮੁਹਿ ਕਰਹੁ ਸਹਾਇ ॥੧॥

look at the word kRRG- another word for sword. but why ask a sword for help in writing? because it symbolises the same thing that Sharaada, Devi etc do- Shakti

If you think this Hari is a different Hari why would He use this word in the first place? Do you know what Hari in Hinduism esssentially is? Peoples understanding of the Naam may differ but the Naam remains the same, as does the one signified by it.

This is interesting so you are of those 'Sati Naam' people in conflict with people who say only Gurmantra is Vaheguru?

are there any RSS pposting here bad things about the Guru? no. why should i write about them? to incalculate insecurity into people who read this thing?

Edited by navjot2

kahan nabha singh nabha. whatever his name is. nabha is enough to idenify him to me. i really dont care which is his first and last name.

where am i celebrating fanatical Hindu literature? its either one or the other in your simple mindset isnt it?

shudhi =arya samaj ceremony. where did i say i am fan of arya samaj? im not interested in them at all. they convert any sikh good for them, likewise with muslims etc clearly wasnt much of a sikh in the first place so good riddance

YOUR ideology is misleading sikhs. you are competing with these so called Hindus you keep going on about, so you feel threatened by them. They dont pretend not to be Hindus. You are doing you dirty work from the inside, under the guise of 'protecting sikhi'. it doesnt need your crappy protection, which is really just your insecure lurching for 'seperate identity' (which is already intrinsicly there) to be affirmed.

I have not even read Markandey purana. Am I supposed to be offenced by you calling it mine? Im happy to take it thanks. Now I can understand the references my Guru makes to Bhavani Durga etc hopefully

read Durga Saptashati know who Chandi is.

Nabha is a town In Punajb so it is not enough to identify a sikh scholar kahan singh nabha.

Aray samaj was a hindu reform movement within Hinduism. it is ignorance to call them no hindus.

Chandi charitra is taken from Markandey puranas. To belie the propaganda of Hindu zealots one has to know what is it?

This is a purana of about 9000 slokas. While rewriting chandi charitras Guru ji discarded all slokas that formed part of praise of this deity. he selected only 700 slokas that form war part.

Have not you seen the ideology of Hindu groups led by RSS . I have posted it for you. they are the ones who distort our scriptures. my ideology is to fight their distortion.

I am not read Hindu literature unless i have to. our Guru sahib has given us a simple and different path.

You understanding of Sargun is flawed

in sukhmani it says nothing is born and nothing dies (to paraphrase- 'na kichu jamia na kichu marai' nothing is born and nothing dies). there are different ways of udnerstanding things, does not mean one way is better than the other.

you are dodging. tell me who is this four armed person described? you are not giving any explanation of the shabad to back what you are saying. the shabad says He (Vishnu-Rupa) is met by Bhole bhakti.

you are saying how can God has four arms when he wasnt born. when was Vishnu born? And it is in Gurbani Him being described as four-armed, not something I am saying myself.

hey singh, you are right about bhagauti meaning sword in some instances, but only as a symbol of Shakti. this i must admit now, because i was reading Dasam Granth and came across something. look:

ਨਮਸਕਾਰ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਖੜਗ ਕੋ ਕਰੋਂ ਸੁ ਹਿਤੁ ਚਿਤੁ ਲਾਇ ॥

ਪੂਰਨ ਕਰੋਂ ਗਰੰਥ ਇਹੁ ਤੁਮ ਮੁਹਿ ਕਰਹੁ ਸਹਾਇ ॥੧॥

look at the word kRRG- another word for sword. but why ask a sword for help in writing? because it symbolises the same thing that Sharaada, Devi etc do- Shakti

What is God. God itself is energy or shakti. Do naam simran and you will realize that.

What is God. God itself is energy or shakti. Do naam simran and you will realize that.

this is one way of looking at it, but in this instance we would not differentiate God and His Shakti.

By seperating them we are implying a differentiation for devoted purposes. here Shakti is Akals servant.

Durga is both Shiva and Shakti. She is a rupa (form/representation) of Akal. So I guess it is not correct to say Shivaa is Akal, but you are ignoring the special use of the word Shivaa, as in via Durga.

Edited by navjot2

You understanding of Sargun is flawed

in sukhmani it says nothing is born and nothing dies (to paraphrase- 'na kichu jamia na kichu marai' nothing is born and nothing dies). there are different ways of udnerstanding things, does not mean one way is better than the other.

you are dodging. tell me who is this four armed person described? you are not giving any explanation of the shabad to back what you are saying. the shabad says He (Vishnu-Rupa) is met by Bhole bhakti.

you are saying how can God has four arms when he wasnt born. when was Vishnu born? And it is in Gurbani Him being described as four-armed, not something I am saying myself.

In sggs ang 867 Guru sahib writes about God. How can we write about God these things when he is unborn. This is a way of interpreting about what is not human in terms of human.

“Your eyes are so beautiful, and Your teeth are delightful.

Your nose is so graceful, and Your hair is so long.

Your body is so precious, cast in gold.”

“terai bunkey loein dunt rasala.

Soheney nuk jin lumbrai vala.

Kunchan kaya soeiney ki dhala -----”

You have brought into Arya Samajs explanation of itself. Like i said, read what it says about Vashnavas, Shaivas, Shaktas. You think these groups agree with them?

By setting yourself up as their opponent you are perputuating their cause/violent approach. this means that you yourself dont believe that sikhi is seperate if you dont even think it can essentially stand by itself.

RSS is today's arya samaj for minorities. They are no different from them . As a minority we have to protect our heritage form these unseen momsters. They can not take care of their own religion where there is rampant casteism and discrimination of women yet they have time to stifle small forward looking religions like sikhism.

see you could not help but slander hindus, why? you say they have descrinimation of women but what about female infantocide in Panjab? and i have yet to see a woman doing kirtan or even reading paath at Harimandar etc

you say we have to protect our heritage from them- but its so called kar sevaks who demolished sikh historical buildings.

Edited by navjot2

this is one way of looking at it, but in this instance we would not differentiate God and His Shakti.

By seperating them we are implying a differentiation for devoted purposes. here Shakti is Akals servant.

Durga is both Shiva and Shakti. She is a rupa (form/representation) of Akal. So I guess it is not correct to say Shivaa is Akal, but you are ignoring the special use of the word Shivaa, as in via Durga.

Durga is not God in sikhism. If you refer to God as Siva she is not siva.For a sikh shakti of God is within body.

Read this

ਸਿਵ ਸਕਤੀ ਦੇਹੀ ਮਹਿ ਪਾਏ ॥:

Siva sakatee dehee mahi paaye:

Both Spirit (Transcendent aspect) and matter (Immanent aspect), are placed into the body

ang 1056

see you could not help but slander hindus, why? you say they have descrinimation of women but what about female infantocide in Panjab? and i have yet to see a woman doing kirtan or even reading paath at Harimandar etc

you say we have to protect our heritage from them- but its so called kar sevaks who demolished sikh historical buildings.

There are problems with sikh society in Punjab. I call it cultural baggage. Sikhism does not have instituitionalized discrimination.

On the othr hand Hinduism is guided by manu smrities. These discrimination withinn Hindu scoiety stems from there. Truthful persons do not hide things. What about dev dasi system?

" Kā▫i▫ā anḏar barahmā bisan mahesā sabẖ opaṯ jiṯ sansārā. "

Within the body, are Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva, from whom the whole world emanated.

Ang 754

This does not endorse that whole world emanated from them. Guru ji is conveying a message to world that these demigods whom you think as creator,sustainer of world arealso in your body.

Sikhism says that God creates world and not Brahma vishniu mahesha.

Double post can be deleted

as i understand it, Durga (Shivaa) is shakti rupa of Akal just like four armed Vishnu/Krishna is used as sargun bhagti Rupa of Akal in SGGS.

Shakti of akal purakh in Dasam granth is represented by kirpan and otehr weapons.

raed

ਖਗ ਖੰਡ ਬਿਹੰਡੰ ਖਲ ਦਲ ਖੰਡੰ ਅਤਿ ਰਣ ਮੰਡੰ ਬਰ ਬੰਡੰ ॥

खग खंड बिहंडं खल दल खंडं अति रण मंडं बर बंडं ॥

The sword chops well, chops the forces of scoudrels and this mighty one bedecks and glorifies the battlefield.

ਭੁਜ ਦੰਡ ਅਖੰਡੰ ਤੇਜ ਪ੍ਰਚੰਡੰ ਜੋਤਿ ਅਮੰਡੰ ਭਾਨ ਪ੍ਰਭੰ ॥

भुज दंड अखंडं तेज प्रचंडं जोति अमंडं भान प्रभं ॥

It is the unbreakable staff of the arm, it has the powerful luster and its light even bedims the radiance of the sum.

ਸੁਖ ਸੰਤਾ ਕਰਣੰ ਦੁਰਮਤਿ ਦਰਣੰ ਕਿਲਬਿਖ ਹਰਣੰ ਅਸਿ ਸਰਣੰ ॥

सुख संता करणं दुरमति दरणं किलबिख हरणं असि सरणं ॥

It brings happiness to the saints, mashing the vicious ones, it is the destroyer of sins and I and under its refuge.

ਜੈ ਜੈ ਜਗ ਕਾਰਣ ਸ੍ਰਿਸਟਿ ਉਬਾਰਣ ਮਮ ਪ੍ਰਤਿਪਾਰਣ ਜੈ ਤੇਗੰ ॥੨॥

जै जै जग कारण स्रिसटि उबारण मम प्रतिपारण जै तेगं ॥२॥

Hail, hail to the cause of the world, saviour of the universe, it is my preserver, I hail its victory. 2.

Bacjitra natak

It is not represented by any deitiy who were came and went away.

Edited by singh2

as i understand it, Durga (Shivaa) is shakti rupa of Akal just like four armed Vishnu/Krishna is used as sargun bhagti Rupa of Akal in SGGS.

Shakti of akal purakh in Dasam granth is represented by kirpan and otehr weapons.

raed

ਖਗ ਖੰਡ ਬਿਹੰਡੰ ਖਲ ਦਲ ਖੰਡੰ ਅਤਿ ਰਣ ਮੰਡੰ ਬਰ ਬੰਡੰ ॥

खग खंड बिहंडं खल दल खंडं अति रण मंडं बर बंडं ॥

The sword chops well, chops the forces of scoudrels and this mighty one bedecks and glorifies the battlefield.

ਭੁਜ ਦੰਡ ਅਖੰਡੰ ਤੇਜ ਪ੍ਰਚੰਡੰ ਜੋਤਿ ਅਮੰਡੰ ਭਾਨ ਪ੍ਰਭੰ ॥

भुज दंड अखंडं तेज प्रचंडं जोति अमंडं भान प्रभं ॥

It is the unbreakable staff of the arm, it has the powerful luster and its light even bedims the radiance of the sum.

ਸੁਖ ਸੰਤਾ ਕਰਣੰ ਦੁਰਮਤਿ ਦਰਣੰ ਕਿਲਬਿਖ ਹਰਣੰ ਅਸਿ ਸਰਣੰ ॥

सुख संता करणं दुरमति दरणं किलबिख हरणं असि सरणं ॥

It brings happiness to the saints, mashing the vicious ones, it is the destroyer of sins and I and under its refuge.

ਜੈ ਜੈ ਜਗ ਕਾਰਣ ਸ੍ਰਿਸਟਿ ਉਬਾਰਣ ਮਮ ਪ੍ਰਤਿਪਾਰਣ ਜੈ ਤੇਗੰ ॥੨॥

जै जै जग कारण स्रिसटि उबारण मम प्रतिपारण जै तेगं ॥२॥

Hail, hail to the cause of the world, saviour of the universe, it is my preserver, I hail its victory. 2.

Bacjitra natak

It is not represented by any deity who came and went away.

Guru ji writes

ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾਣ ਪਾਣ ਜੇ ਜਪੈ ॥ ਅਨੰਤ ਥਾਟ ਤੇ ਥਪੈ ॥

क्रिपाण पाण जे जपै ॥ अनंत थाट ते थपै ॥

Whosoever rememebrs that lord who has sword in his hand will establish

Himself in the infinity

Those who have remembred Time will they will ultimately go as winner of

this world

Bachitra natak

• 2 weeks later...

hi sorry know its been a while:

selective quoting just isnt convincing. like i said your ideology comes first, then you selectively quote to back it. by repeating it over and over you think you can bludgeon everyone into accepting it. this is called fanatical behaviour. its now coming to the stage when you are just quoting something and then insisiting something else like that makes what you are saying true.

ਪਲੰਗੀ ਪਵੰਗੀ ਨਮੋ ਚਰਚਿਤੰਗੀ ॥

पलंगी पवंगी नमो चरचितंगी ॥

O the rider of the steed-like lion;

ਨਮੋ ਭਾਵਨੀ ਭੂਤ ਹੰਤਾ ਭੜਿੰਗੀ ॥

नमो भावनी भूत हंता भड़िंगी ॥

O Bhavani of beautiful limbs! Thou art the destroyer of all engaged in the war.

now tell me, do swords ride lions? " Namo Bhavani "- you know yourself what that refers to. I alredy showed where it says Devi ki Ustat and Sharada Devi etc but if you want to remain in denial about what is actually written thats your choice/

a little while back i googled over some keywords from your arguements and low and behold- all this i find on other peoples web pages. you have filled your mind with other peoples views. treating Bani like an ideological document seems misguided, sorry.

saying that Guru Gobind Singh only translated part of the Devi's Purana as part of your arguement isnt relevant. Who are you to second guess his intention? Further, as you should know, Dasam Bani was compiled from what Mani Singh Ji could find.

theres only One. When it is the form of a Goddess being described in Bani it is still the same One. You neednt get scared.

all i want to say is that a person who reads Bani with faith and sincerety they will get the right idea for themselves and shouldnt listen to anyone else (including me).

We should be silent infront of GurBani. Not use it to incaluclate our own biases into people.

On the othr hand Hinduism is guided by manu smrities. These discrimination withinn Hindu scoiety stems from there. Truthful persons do not hide things. What about dev dasi system?

see, hatred of Hindus.

Anyway, to each their own. I dont have to concern myself with what Hindus (or Muslims) do, certainly not to feel better about myself.

Edited by navjot2

hi sorry know its been a while:

selective quoting just isnt convincing. like i said your ideology comes first, then you selectively quote to back it. by repeating it over and over you think you can bludgeon everyone into accepting it. this is called fanatical behaviour. its now coming to the stage when you are just quoting something and then insisiting something else like that makes what you are saying true.

ਪਲੰਗੀ ਪਵੰਗੀ ਨਮੋ ਚਰਚਿਤੰਗੀ ॥

पलंगी पवंगी नमो चरचितंगी ॥

O the rider of the steed-like lion;

ਨਮੋ ਭਾਵਨੀ ਭੂਤ ਹੰਤਾ ਭੜਿੰਗੀ ॥

नमो भावनी भूत हंता भड़िंगी ॥

O Bhavani of beautiful limbs! Thou art the destroyer of all engaged in the war.

now tell me, do swords ride lions? " Namo Bhavani "- you know yourself what that refers to. I alredy showed where it says Devi ki Ustat and Sharada Devi etc but if you want to remain in denial about what is actually written thats your choice/

a little while back i googled over some keywords from your arguements and low and behold- all this i find on other peoples web pages. you have filled your mind with other peoples views. treating Bani like an ideological document seems misguided, sorry.

saying that Guru Gobind Singh only translated part of the Devi's Purana as part of your arguement isnt relevant. Who are you to second guess his intention? Further, as you should know, Dasam Bani was compiled from what Mani Singh Ji could find.

theres only One. When it is the form of a Goddess being described in Bani it is still the same One. You neednt get scared.

all i want to say is that a person who reads Bani with faith and sincerety they will get the right idea for themselves and shouldnt listen to anyone else (including me).

We should be silent infront of GurBani. Not use it to incaluclate our own biases into people.

Instead of living in a world of illusion, read Dasam granth properly and without being blinded by veneration of so called deities. Guru sahib does not worship any devi or Durga.

At some places it may be written Ab devi ju ki ustat but if you read it and have some head to understand that Devi is none else but Akal purakh

who does not take birth , does not die and is creaetor of all these deities.

Read below. I have given the whole devi ji ku ustat from start to end. That is no devi or Durga. it is akal purakh.

If you still want go and worship these deities at personal level instaed of writing nonsense here.

ਅਥ ਦੇਵੀ ਜੂ ਕੀ ਉਸਤਤ ਕਥਨੰ ॥

अथ देवी जू की उसतत कथनं ॥

Now beginsa the description of the praise of the goddess:

ਭੁਜੰਗ ਪ੍ਰਯਾਤ ਛੰਦ ॥

भुजंग प्रयात छंद ॥

BHUJANG PRAYAAT STANZA

ਤੁਹੀ ਅਸਤ੍ਰਣੀ ਆਪ ਰੂਪਾ ॥ ਤੁਹੀ ਅੰਬਕਾ ਜੰਭ ਹੰਤੀ ਅਨੂਪਾ ॥ ਤੁਹੀ ਅੰਬਕਾ ਸੀਤਲਾ ਤੋਤਲਾ ਹੈ ॥ ਪ੍ਰਿਥਵੀ ਭੂਮ ਆਕਾਸ਼ ਤੈ ਹੀ ਕੀਆ ਹੈ ॥੪੨੧॥

तुही असत्रणी आप रूपा ॥ तुही अमबका ज्मभ हंती अनूपा ॥ तुही अमबका सीतला तोतला है ॥ प्रिथवी भूम आकाश तै ही कीआ है ॥४२१॥

You are wielder of arms and weapons and with a firghtening form.

You are the killer of Jambh with unique form. Thou art Ambika, Shitala etc.;

Thou art also the installed of the world, earth and sky.421.

ਤੁਹੀ ਮੁੰਡ ਮਰਦੀ ਕਪਰਦੀ ਭਵਾਨੀ ॥ ਤੁਹੀ ਕਾਲਕਾ ਜਾਲਪਾ ਰਾਜਧਾਨੀ ॥ਮਹਾ ਜੋਗ ਮਾਇਆ ਤੁਹੀ ਈਸ਼੍ਵਰੀ ਹੈ ॥ ਤੁਹੀ ਤੇਜ ਆਕਾਸ਼ ਥੰਭੋ ਮਹੀ ਹੈ ॥੪੨੨॥

तुही मुंड मरदी कपरदी भवानी ॥ तुही कालका जालपा राजधानी ॥महा जोग माइआ तुही ईश्वरी है ॥ तुही तेज आकाश थ्मभो मही है ॥४२२॥

Thou art Bhavani, the smasher of heads in the battlefield; Thou art also Kalka, Jalpa and the cause of all sound

You are lord's power causing creation and you are divine,fire,sky,air,and water are all your form 422.

ਤੁਹੀ ਰਿਸ਼ਟਣੀ ਪੁਸ਼ਟਣੀ ਜੋਗ ਮਾਇਆ ॥ ਤੁਹੀ ਮੋਹ ਸੁ ਚਉਦਹੂੰ ਲੋਕ ਛਾਇਆ ॥ ਤੁਹੀ ਸੁੰਭ ਨੈਸੁੰਭ ਹੰਤੀ ਭਵਾਨੀ ॥ ਤੁਹੀ ਚਉਦਹੂੰ ਲੋਗ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਜਾਨੀ ॥੪੨੩॥

तुही रिशटणी पुशटणी जोग माइआ ॥ तुही मोह सु चउदहूं लोक छाइआ ॥ तुही सु्मभ नैसु्मभ हंती भवानी ॥ तुही चउदहूं लोग की जोति जानी ॥४२३॥

Thou art Yogmaya, the Sustainer of all; all the fourteen worlds are illumined by Thy Light; Thou art Bhavani, the destroyer of Sumbh and Nisumbh; Thou art the brilliance of the fourteen worlds.423.

ਤੁਹੀ ਰਿਸ਼ਟਣੀ ਪੁਸ਼ਟਣੀ ਸ਼ਸਤ੍ਰਣੀ ਹੈ ॥ ਤੁਹੀ ਕਸ਼ਟਣੀ ਹਰਤਣੀ ਅਸਤ੍ਰਣੀ ਹੈ ॥ ਤੁਹੀ ਜੋਗ ਮਾਇਆ ਤੁਹੀ ਬਾਕ ਬਾਨੀ ॥ ਤੁਹੀ ਅੰਬਕਾ ਜੰਭਰਾ ਰਾਜਧਾਨੀ ॥੪੨੪॥

तुही रिशटणी पुशटणी शसत्रणी है ॥ तुही कशटणी हरतणी असत्रणी है ॥ तुही जोग माइआ तुही बाक बानी ॥ तुही अमबका ज्मभरा राजधानी ॥४२४॥

Thou art the Sustainer of all and also the wielder of weapons; Thou art the remover of the sufferings of all and also the wielder of arms; Thou art Yogmaya and power of speech; O Goddess! Thou, as Ambika, art the destroyer of Jambhasura and the giver of the kingdom to gods.424.

ਮਹਾ ਜੋਗ ਮਾਇਆ ਮਹਾਰਾਜ ਧਾਨੀ ॥ ਭਵੀ ਭਾਵਨੀ ਭੂਤ ਭਬਿਅੰ ਭਵਾਨੀ ॥ ਚਰੀ ਆਚਰਣੀ ਖੇਚਰਣੀ ਭੂਪਣੀ ਹੈ ॥ ਮਹਾ ਬਾਹਣੀ ਆਪ ਨੀਰੂਪਣੀ ਹੈ ॥੪੨੫॥

महा जोग माइआ महाराज धानी ॥ भवी भावनी भूत भबिअं भवानी ॥ चरी आचरणी खेचरणी भूपणी है ॥ महा बाहणी आप नीरूपणी है ॥४२५॥

Thou art the eternal Bhavani in the past, present and future; Thou art consciousness-incarnate, pervading as Sovereign in the sky; Thy vehicle is supreme and Thou art the revealer of all the sciences.425.

ਮਹਾ ਭੈਰਵੀ ਭੂਤਨੇਸੁਰੀ ਭਵਾਨੀ ॥ ਭਵੀ ਭਾਵਨੀ ਭਬਯੰ ਕਾਲੀ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾਣੀ ॥ ਜਯਾ ਆਜਯਾ ਹਿੰਗੁਲਾ ਪਿੰਗੁਲਾ ਹੈ ॥ ਸ਼ਿਵਾ ਸੀਤਲਾ ਮੰਗਲਾ ਤੋਤਲਾ ਹੈ ॥੪੨੬॥

महा भैरवी भूतनेसुरी भवानी ॥ भवी भावनी भबयं काली क्रिपाणी ॥ जया आजया हिंगुला पिंगुला है ॥ शिवा सीतला मंगला तोतला है ॥४२६॥

Thou art the great Bhairavi, Bhuteshvari and Bhavani; Thou art Kali, the wielder of the sword in all the three tenses; Thou art the conqueror of ll, residing on Hinglaj mountain; Thou art Shiva, Shitala and stammering Mangala.426.

ਤੁਹੀ ਅੱਛਰਾ ਪੱਛਰਾ ਬੁੱਧ ਬ੍ਰਿੱਧਿਆ ॥ ਤੁਹੀ ਭੈਰਵੀ ਭੂਪਣੀ ਸੁੱਧ ਸਿੱਧਿਆ ॥ ਮਹਾ ਬਾਹਣੀ ਅਸਤ੍ਰਣੀ ਸ਼ਸਤ੍ਰ ਧਾਰੀ ॥ ਤੁਹੀ ਤੀਰ ਤਰਵਾਰ ਕਾਤੀ ਕਟਾਰੀ ॥੪੨੭॥

तुही अछरा प्छरा बु्ध ब्रि्धिआ ॥ तुही भैरवी भूपणी सु्ध सि्धिआ ॥ महा बाहणी असत्रणी शसत्र धारी ॥ तुही तीर तरवार काती कटारी ॥४२७॥

Thou art in the form of Syllable (Akshana), heavenly damsels, Buddha, Bhairavi, Sovereign and an adept; thou hast a supreme vehile (i.e. lion), Thou art also in the form of an arrow, a a sword and a dagger.427.

ਤੁਹੀ ਰਾਜਸੀ ਸਾਤਕੀ ਤਾਮਸੀ ਹੈ ॥ ਤੁਹੀ ਬਾਲਕਾ ਬਿੱ੍ਰਧਣੀ ਅਉ ਜੁਆ ਹੈ ॥ ਤੁਹੀ ਦਾਨਵੀ ਦੇਵਣੀ ਜੱਛਣੀ ਹੈ ॥ ਤੁਹੀ ਕਿੰਨ੍ਰਣੀ ਮੱਛਣੀ ਕੱਛਣੀ ਹੈ ॥੪੨੮॥

तुही राजसी सातकी तामसी है ॥ तुही बालका बि्रधणी अउ जुआ है ॥ तुही दानवी देवणी ज्छणी है ॥ तुही किंन्रणी म्छणी क्छणी है ॥४२८॥

Thou art Rajas, tamas and Sattva, the three modes of maya; Thou art the three ages of life i.e. childhood, youth and old age; Thou art demoness, goddess and Dakshini; Thou art also Kinnar-woman, fish-girt and Kashyap-woman.428.

ਤੁਹੀ ਦੇਵਤੇਸ਼ੇਸ਼ਣੀ ਦਾਨਵੇਸਾ ॥ ਸਰਹ ਬ੍ਰਿਸ਼ਟਣੀ ਹੈ ਤੁਹੀ ਅਸਤ੍ਰ ਭੇਸਾ ॥ ਤੁਹੀ ਰਾਜ ਰਾਜੇਸ਼੍ਵਰੀ ਜੋਗ ਮਾਯਾ ॥ ਮਹਾ ਮੋਹ ਸੋ ਚਉਦਹੂੰ ਲੋਕ ਛਾਯਾ ॥੪੨੯॥

तुही देवतेशेशणी दानवेसा ॥ सरह ब्रिशटणी है तुही असत्र भेसा ॥ तुही राज राजेश्वरी जोग माया ॥ महा मोह सो चउदहूं लोक छाया ॥४२९॥

Thou art the power of gods and the vision of the demons; Thou art the steel-striker and wielder of arms; Thou art Rajrajeshwari and Yogmaya and there is the prevalence of your maya in all the fourteen worlds.429.

ਤੁਹੀ ਬ੍ਰਾਹਮੀ ਬੈਸ਼ਨਵੀ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਭਵਾਨੀ ॥ ਤੁਹੀ ਬਾਸਵੀ ਈਸ਼੍ਵਰੀ ਕਾਰਤਕਯਾਨੀ ॥ ਤੁਹੀ ਅੰਬਕਾ ਦੁਸ਼ਟਹਾ ਮੁੰਡ ਮਾਲੀ ॥ ਤੁਹੀ ਕਸ਼ਟ ਹੰਤੀ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾ ਕੈ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾਲੀ ॥੪੩੦॥

तुही ब्राहमी बैशनवी स्री भवानी ॥ तुही बासवी ईश्वरी कारतकयानी ॥ तुही अमबका दुशटहा मुंड माली ॥ तुही कशट हंती क्रिपा कै क्रिपाली ॥४३०॥

Thou art the power the of Brahmani, Vaishnavi, Bhavani, Basavi, Parvati and Kartikeya; Thou art Ambika and the wearer of the necklace of skulls; O Goddess! Thou art the destroyer of the sufferings of all and also gracious towards all.430.

ਤੁਮੀ ਬ੍ਰਾਹਮਣੀ ਹ੍ਵੈ ਹਿਰੰਨਾਛ ਮਾਰਯੋ ॥ ਹਰੰਨਾਕਸ਼ੰ ਸਿੰਘਣੀ ਹ੍ਵੈ ਪਛਾਰਯੋ ॥ ਤੁਮੀ ਬਾਵਨੀ ਹ੍ਵੈ ਤਿਨੋ ਲੋਗ ਮਾਪੇ ॥ ਤੁਮੀ ਦੇਵ ਦਾਨੋ ਕੀਏ ਜੱਛ ਥਾਪੇ ॥੪੩੧॥

तुमी ब्राहमणी ह्वै हिरंनाछ मारयो ॥ हरंनाकशं सिंघणी ह्वै पछारयो ॥ तुमी बावनी ह्वै तिनो लोग मापे ॥ तुमी देव दानो कीए ज्छ थापे ॥४३१॥

As the power of Brahm and as the lion, Thou didst overthrow Hiranyakashipu; Thou didst measure the three worlds as the power of Vaman an dThou didst establish the gods, demons and Yakshas.431.

ਤੁਮੀ ਰਾਮ ਹ੍ਵੈਕੈ ਦਸਾਗ੍ਰੀਵ ਖੰਡਯੋ ॥ ਤੁਮੀ ਕ੍ਰਿਸ਼ਨ ਹ੍ਵੈ ਕੰਸ ਕੇਸੀ ਬਿਹੰਡਯੋ ॥ ਤੁਮੀ ਜਾਲਪਾ ਹ੍ਵੈ ਬਿੜਾਲਾਛ ਘਾਯੋ ॥ ਤੁਮੀ ਸੁੰਭ ਸੁੰਭ ਨੈਸੁੰਭ ਦਾਨੋ ਖਪਾਯੋ ॥੪੩੨॥

तुमी राम ह्वैकै दसाग्रीव खंडयो ॥ तुमी क्रिशन ह्वै कंस केसी बिहंडयो ॥ तुमी जालपा ह्वै बिड़ालाछ घायो ॥ तुमी सु्मभ सु्मभ नैसु्मभ दानो खपायो ॥४३२॥

Thou didst kill Ravana as Ram; Thou didst kill the demon Keshi as Krishna; Thou didst annihilate the demon Biraksha as Jalapa and Thou didst destroy the demons Sumbh and Nisumbh.432.

ਤੁਹੀ ਰਾਜਸੀ ਸਾਤਕੀ ਤਾਮਸੀ ਹੈ ॥ ਤੁਹੀ ਬਾਲਕਾ ਬਿੱ੍ਰਧਣੀ ਅਉ ਜੁਆ ਹੈ ॥ ਤੁਹੀ ਦਾਨਵੀ ਦੇਵਣੀ ਜੱਛਣੀ ਹੈ ॥ ਤੁਹੀ ਕਿੰਨ੍ਰਣੀ ਮੱਛਣੀ ਕੱਛਣੀ ਹੈ ॥੪੨੮॥

तुही राजसी सातकी तामसी है ॥ तुही बालका बि्रधणी अउ जुआ है ॥ तुही दानवी देवणी ज्छणी है ॥ तुही किंन्रणी म्छणी क्छणी है ॥४२८॥

Thou art Rajas, tamas and Sattva, the three modes of maya; Thou art the three ages of life i.e. childhood, youth and old age; Thou art demoness, goddess and Dakshini; Thou art also Kinnar-woman, fish-girt and Kashyap-woman.428.

ਤੁਹੀ ਦੇਵਤੇਸ਼ੇਸ਼ਣੀ ਦਾਨਵੇਸਾ ॥ ਸਰਹ ਬ੍ਰਿਸ਼ਟਣੀ ਹੈ ਤੁਹੀ ਅਸਤ੍ਰ ਭੇਸਾ ॥ ਤੁਹੀ ਰਾਜ ਰਾਜੇਸ਼੍ਵਰੀ ਜੋਗ ਮਾਯਾ ॥ ਮਹਾ ਮੋਹ ਸੋ ਚਉਦਹੂੰ ਲੋਕ ਛਾਯਾ ॥੪੨੯॥

तुही देवतेशेशणी दानवेसा ॥ सरह ब्रिशटणी है तुही असत्र भेसा ॥ तुही राज राजेश्वरी जोग माया ॥ महा मोह सो चउदहूं लोक छाया ॥४२९॥

Thou art the power of gods and the vision of the demons; Thou art the steel-striker and wielder of arms; Thou art Rajrajeshwari and Yogmaya and there is the prevalence of your maya in all the fourteen worlds.429.

ਤੁਹੀ ਬ੍ਰਾਹਮੀ ਬੈਸ਼ਨਵੀ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਭਵਾਨੀ ॥ ਤੁਹੀ ਬਾਸਵੀ ਈਸ਼੍ਵਰੀ ਕਾਰਤਕਯਾਨੀ ॥ ਤੁਹੀ ਅੰਬਕਾ ਦੁਸ਼ਟਹਾ ਮੁੰਡ ਮਾਲੀ ॥ ਤੁਹੀ ਕਸ਼ਟ ਹੰਤੀ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾ ਕੈ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾਲੀ ॥੪੩੦॥

तुही ब्राहमी बैशनवी स्री भवानी ॥ तुही बासवी ईश्वरी कारतकयानी ॥ तुही अमबका दुशटहा मुंड माली ॥ तुही कशट हंती क्रिपा कै क्रिपाली ॥४३०॥

Thou art the power the of Brahmani, Vaishnavi, Bhavani, Basavi, Parvati and Kartikeya; Thou art Ambika and the wearer of the necklace of skulls; O Goddess! Thou art the destroyer of the sufferings of all and also gracious towards all.430.

ਤੁਮੀ ਬ੍ਰਾਹਮਣੀ ਹ੍ਵੈ ਹਿਰੰਨਾਛ ਮਾਰਯੋ ॥ ਹਰੰਨਾਕਸ਼ੰ ਸਿੰਘਣੀ ਹ੍ਵੈ ਪਛਾਰਯੋ ॥ ਤੁਮੀ ਬਾਵਨੀ ਹ੍ਵੈ ਤਿਨੋ ਲੋਗ ਮਾਪੇ ॥ ਤੁਮੀ ਦੇਵ ਦਾਨੋ ਕੀਏ ਜੱਛ ਥਾਪੇ ॥੪੩੧॥

तुमी ब्राहमणी ह्वै हिरंनाछ मारयो ॥ हरंनाकशं सिंघणी ह्वै पछारयो ॥ तुमी बावनी ह्वै तिनो लोग मापे ॥ तुमी देव दानो कीए ज्छ थापे ॥४३१॥

As the power of Brahm and as the lion, Thou didst overthrow Hiranyakashipu; Thou didst measure the three worlds as the power of Vaman an dThou didst establish the gods, demons and Yakshas.431.

ਤੁਮੀ ਰਾਮ ਹ੍ਵੈਕੈ ਦਸਾਗ੍ਰੀਵ ਖੰਡਯੋ ॥ ਤੁਮੀ ਕ੍ਰਿਸ਼ਨ ਹ੍ਵੈ ਕੰਸ ਕੇਸੀ ਬਿਹੰਡਯੋ ॥ ਤੁਮੀ ਜਾਲਪਾ ਹ੍ਵੈ ਬਿੜਾਲਾਛ ਘਾਯੋ ॥ ਤੁਮੀ ਸੁੰਭ ਸੁੰਭ ਨੈਸੁੰਭ ਦਾਨੋ ਖਪਾਯੋ ॥੪੩੨॥

तुमी राम ह्वैकै दसाग्रीव खंडयो ॥ तुमी क्रिशन ह्वै कंस केसी बिहंडयो ॥ तुमी जालपा ह्वै बिड़ालाछ घायो ॥ तुमी सु्मभ सु्मभ नैसु्मभ दानो खपायो ॥४३२॥

Thou didst kill Ravana as Ram; Thou didst kill the demon Keshi as Krishna; Thou didst annihilate the demon Biraksha as Jalapa and Thou didst destroy the demons Sumbh and Nisumbh.432.

ਦੋਹਰਾ ॥

दोहरा ॥

DOHRA

ਦਾਸ ਜਾਨ ਕਰਿ ਦਾਸ ਪਰਿ ਕੀਜੈ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾ ਅਪਾਰ ॥ ਹਾਥ ਦੈ ਰਾਖ ਦੈ ਰਾਖ ਮੁਹਿ ਮਨ ਕ੍ਰਮ ਬਚਨ ਬਿਚਾਰ ॥੪੩੩॥

दास जान करि दास परि कीजै क्रिपा अपार ॥ हाथ दै राख दै राख मुहि मन क्रम बचन बिचार ॥४३३॥

Considering me as Thy slave, be Gracius towards me and keep Thy hand over my head and protect me with Thy mind, action, speech and thought.433.

ਚੌਪਈ ॥

चौपई ॥

CHUPAI

ਮੈ ਨ ਗਨੇਸ਼ਹਿ ਪ੍ਰਿਥਮ ਮਨਾਊਂ ॥ ਕਿਸ਼ਨ ਬਿਸ਼ਨ ਕਬਹੂੰ ਨਹ ਧਿਆਊਂ ॥ਕਾਨ ਸੁਨੇ ਪਹਿਚਾਨ ਨ ਤਿਨ ਸੋਂ ॥ ਲਿਵ ਲਾਗੀ ਮੋਰੀ ਪਗ ਇਨ ਸੋਂ ॥੪੩੪॥

मै न गनेशहि प्रिथम मनाऊं ॥ किशन बिशन कबहूं नह धिआऊं ॥कान सुने पहिचान न तिन सों ॥ लिव लागी मोरी पग इन सों ॥४३४॥

I do not adore Ganesha in the beginning and also do not mediatate on Krishna and Vishnu; I have only heard about them with my ears and I do not recognize them; my consciousness is absorbed at the feet of the Supreme Kal 434.

ਮਹਾਕਾਲ ਰਖਵਾਰ ਹਮਾਰੋ ॥ ਮਹਾ ਲੋਹ ਮੈਂ ਕਿੰਕਰ ਥਾਰੋ ॥ ਅਪਨਾ ਜਾਨ ਕਰੋ ਰਖਵਾਰ ॥ ਬਾਹਿ ਗਹੇ ਕੀ ਲਾਜ ਬਿਚਾਰ ॥੪੩੫॥

महाकाल रखवार हमारो ॥ महा लोह मैं किंकर थारो ॥ अपना जान करो रखवार ॥ बाहि गहे की लाज बिचार ॥४३५॥

The Supreme Kal (God) is my Protector and O Steel-Purusha Lort ! I am Thy slave; Protect me, considering me as Thy own and do me the honour of catching my arm.435.

ਅਪਨਾ ਜਾਨ ਮੁਝੇ ਪ੍ਰਤਿਪਰੀਐ ॥ ਚੁਨ ਚੁਨ ਸ਼ੱਤੁ ਹਮਾਰੇ ਮਰੀਐ ॥ ਦੇਗ ਤੇਗ ਜਗ ਮੈ ਦੋਊ ਚਲੈ ॥ ਰਾਖ ਆਪ ਮੁਹਿ ਅਉਰੁ ਨ ਦਲੈ ॥੪੩੬॥

अपना जान मुझे प्रतिपरीऐ ॥ चुन चुन श्तु हमारे मरीऐ ॥ देग तेग जग मै दोऊ चलै ॥ राख आप मुहि अउरु न दलै ॥४३६॥

Sustain me, considering me as Thy own and destroy my enemies, picking them up; O Lord with Thy Grace, let the free kitchen and Sword (for the protection of the lowly;) ever flourish through me and none should be able to kill me except You.436.

ਤੁਮ ਮਮ ਕਰਹੁ ਸਦਾ ਪ੍ਰਤਿਪਾਰਾ ॥ ਤੁਮ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਮੈ ਦਾਸ ਤਿਹਾਰਾ ॥ ਜਾਨ ਆਪਨਾ ਮੁਝੈ ਨਿਵਾਜ ॥ ਆਪ ਕਰੋ ਹਮਰੇ ਸਭ ਕਾਜ ॥੪੩੭॥

तुम मम करहु सदा प्रतिपारा ॥ तुम साहिब मै दास तिहारा ॥ जान आपना मुझै निवाज ॥ आप करो हमरे सभ काज ॥४३७॥

Sustain me ever, O Lord! Thou art my Master and I am Thy slave; be Gracious towards me, considering me as Thy own and complete all my works.437.

ਤੁਮ ਹੋ ਸਭ ਰਾਜਨ ਕੇ ਰਾਜਾ ॥ ਆਪੇ ਆਪੁ ਗਰੀਬ ਨਿਵਾਜਾ ॥ ਦਾਸ ਜਾਨ ਕਰਿ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾ ਕਰਹੁ ਮੁਹਿ ॥ ਹਾਰ ਪਰਾ ਮੈ ਆਨ ਦ੍ਵਾਰ ਤੁਹਿ ॥੪੩੮॥

तुम हो सभ राजन के राजा ॥ आपे आपु गरीब निवाजा ॥ दास जान करि क्रिपा करहु मुहि ॥ हार परा मै आन द्वार तुहि ॥४३८॥

O Lord! Thou art eh king of all kings and Gracious towards the poor; be Benevolent towards me, considering me as Thy own, because, I have surrendered and fallen at Thy Gate.438.

ਅਪਨਾ ਜਾਨ ਕਰੋ ਪ੍ਰਤਿਪਾਰਾ ॥ ਤੁਮ ਸਾਹਿਬੁ ਮੈ ਕਿੰਕਰ ਥਾਰਾ ॥ ਦਾਸ ਜਾਨ ਦੈ ਹਾਥ ਉਬਾਰੋ ॥ ਹਮਰੇ ਸਭ ਬੈਰੀਅਨ ਸੰਘਾਰੋ ॥੪੩੯॥

अपना जान करो प्रतिपारा ॥ तुम साहिबु मै किंकर थारा ॥ दास जान दै हाथ उबारो ॥ हमरे सभ बैरीअन संघारो ॥४३९॥

Sustain me, considering me as Thy own; Thou art my Lord and I am Thy slave; considering me as Thy slave, save me with Thy own hands and destroy all my enemies.439.

ਪ੍ਰਥਮ ਧਰੋ ਭਗਵਤ ਕੋ ਧਯਾਨਾ ॥ ਬਹੁਰ ਕਰੋ ਕਬਿਤਾ ਬਿਧਿ ਨਾਨਾ ॥ ਕਿਸ਼ਨ ਜਥਾ ਮਤ ਚਰਿਤ੍ਰ ਉਚਾਰੋ ॥ ਚੂਕ ਹੋਇ ਕਬਿ ਲੇਹੁ ਸੁਧਾਰੋ ॥੪੪੦॥

प्रथम धरो भगवत को धयाना ॥ बहुर करो कबिता बिधि नाना ॥ किशन जथा मत चरित्र उचारो ॥ चूक होइ कबि लेहु सुधारो ॥४४०॥

At the very outset, I meditate on Bhagavata (Lord-God) and then endeavour to compose various types of poesy; I speak out the memories of Krishna according to my; intellect and if there remains any shortcoming in it, then the Lord may improve it.440.

ਇਤਿ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਦੇਵੀ ਉਸਤਤਿ ਸਮਾਪਤਮ ॥

इति स्री देवी उसतति समापतम ॥

End of the eulogy of the Goddess.