Anti Dasam Granth Seminar At Edmonton--help Needed

singh2

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php/topic/...granth-seminar/

Waheguruji Ka Khalsa Waheguruji Ke Fateh

Sangatji,

Singh Sabha Canada (the Sikh Missionary Group) are at it again.

Paul Grewal from Edmonton is hosting a Dasam Granth conference in Edmonton, AB this Saturday, August 13, 2009.

This program is being held at the Millwoods Senior Centre. (we call it the baba centre) This centre is for our Sikh babai who come and play seep and drink cha. The centre is closely linked to the Gurudwara Singh Sabha committee. Not directly but by association.

One of Paul's confirmed guest speakers include Gurcharan Jeonwala. Prof. Sukhwinder Singh (not Sabhra) from Sikh Missionary College is currently at Gurudwara Singh Sabha and does Katha there everyday so I am assuming that he will be at this conference as well.

We need the Sangat's help. The baba centre's contact information is as follows:

Mill Woods Cultural Society for the Retired & Semi Retired

1560 48 Street NW

Edmonton AB T6L 6H9

Phone: (780) 461-3312

I have called the centre and the sevadaar who answered the phone said that it is a Dharmic program but they don't have any other details. I don't think they know that it is against Dasam Bani. They were just told that it was a Dharmic program.

Help us get this program cancelled or at least stop it from happening at the baba centre. Call the centre and let them know that they are going against the Akal Takht by allowing this program to go through. Mention the many Hukamnamas that indicate that Dasam Granth is an integral part of the Panth or anything else you can think of.

And also call the Gurudwara. They may not be directly supporting this but I am sure they are condoning it. (780) 462 - 7454

President Jagjit Sinh,

Vice President Darshan Gill,

Secretary Gurcharan Sangha,

Granthi Jagdeesh Sinh.

Thanks,

Waheguruji Ka Khalsa Waheguruji ke fateh

I received vijaydeep singh email few weeks ago advising me that Dr Anokh Singh will be in calgary also in edmonton from 28/07/09 to 19/08/09.. Please try in get in touch with them for debate in this seminar. He is looking for invitations at the different gurdwaras so he can spread sri dasam granth sahib parchar.

Finally i got through and spoke to Pritam singh who is president of this center.

he says that they are not aware of the agenda of these people but the hall is already booked

for this saturday. I explained to him about their opposition to banis of dasam granth.

He says he will be personally be there and will not allow these people to speak against Dasam banis.

My feeling is Pritam singh is sincere but he does not know much about their agenda on dasam granth.

These people have played a trick. Now it is upto us to let Pritam singh know about these people.

SO PICK UP PHONE AND DO SEVA.

I have called the centre and the sevadaar who answered the phone said that it is a Dharmic program but they don’t have any other details. I don’t think they know that it is against Dasam Bani. They were just told that it was a Dharmic program.

Speak to pritam singh. Do not speak to any sevadar. they know very little what is going on.

Edited by singh2

I thought the Akal Takhat instructed Sikhs to take these people on in a debate to debunk their assertions. How would cancelling allow that?

I thought the Akal Takhat instructed Sikhs to take these people on in a debate to debunk their assertions. How would cancelling allow that?

These people are not for any debate. rogue elements do not engage in any debate. Their main aim is slander.

Edited by singh2